IT.COM

Why are all domainers so Damn scared?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've seen so many threads started over the last couple of months asking: Who is the best parking service? The correct answer seems to be, no one parking service. Certain parking services pay more than others for certain categories/subjects.

So, Why are all domainers so Damn scared to post what each parking program pays per category? I see nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Some have told me that it would hurt the industry, How? Since the industry is based on domainers, domainers should know who pays what.

I think it's time for second guessing to stop on who pays what for what. There should be set standards , a pay scale of some sort.

The wondering only hurts the domain owner. Reveron T may get $2.70 per click while Reveron b Gets only .06 is wrong.

If we could get that straight then we can work on a system to stop the click shaving. Click shaving is when you get for example 100 visitors and 150 clicks but the parking company only shows 100 visitors and 101 clicks.

Dave Crutcher

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Varon said:
Thanks Cyberian. :) I need to get in touch with -X- and follow up on some things over the conference plans.

Continuing from where I left, lets take a look at how our advertisers use their campaign funds and then cry when they see low conversions and blame it all on the "quality of traffic".

Here's a search for the keyword "va discount carpets". Not a great keyword and needs around 5 cents CPC to be in the 1-3 ad position. Very nice. But look at who we have in the top 1-2 positions. Totally unrelated advertisers wanting to sell me floorings instead of carpets.

carpets.jpg

Thanks to Google's nice light colored shading and "mountain view researched algorithmic color combos"( I'm sorry but Google loves that word.. "algorithmic", it somehow makes them sound brilliant each time), I would be tempted to visit the flooring companies while I was actually looking for carpets. What do you suppose I would do? Most likely bounce out in a minute and they end up paying the 5 cents to google and maybe even lesser to a content network ad.

Here's a parking page ad...

example2.jpg

The keyword was "indian movies". Now let us visit lowpriceshopper and search for the same keywords. We come up with 8 results and mostly irrelevant. Would someone really buy from that page? Most likely NO.

Advertisers have to realize that their current practice of just getting a wordtracker keyword list and inserting it into their campaign is meaningless without knowing the relevance of the keywords with their offered products. This is the main reason why their sales are suffering and not because of the quality of traffic. Their adword campaigns have misleading words and their end goal is totally lost. They feel that the more keywords they add to their list, the more visitors they will get. This is true, but whats the point of having someone searching for carpets come to your flooring site? And later when these advertisers check their adwords expense account, they start getting frustrated and in turn direct their wrath at Google and the whole chain starts, finally affecting the publisher and domaineer.

I am an adwords customer too and I use the adwords campaign to get visitors to my domain parking site. But.. I've made sure to throw out words like "free domain parking". Why? Because, that visitor is actually not intending to spend a 100 bucks or even 2 bucks on a parking solution. My using that keyword would be a total waste of effort and I really cannot blame Google for it.

The day seems too distant when advertisers really spend some time researching their keywords and relative value to their offered service.

The point here is, lets not blame our plight on the quality of our domain traffic and other factors. I know, that feed providers no longer care, but we should know for sure, that we have humans visiting our sites (in most cases...lol) and every visitor is top quality monetary potential wasted by advertisers and their misrepresented products and ad campaigns.

Unfortunately we are constantly blamed for the folly of others. Sad but true..

:)

Indeed Varon, We gotta swap notes, We are making huge progress , Kind of behind the scenes so to speak, It all will be at the traffic conference , Varon and myself are doing, We are getting some good FACTS, but it is just taking time to under cover them, and confirm them to be facts.

•••
I just want to thank everyone for their input on this thread/topic. I understand many of us have different opinions and for good reason.

The domain industry has a bright and prosperous future. I feel strongly of that.

As I recently learned........Francois de La Rochefoucald said: "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones"

:hehe: Well,.. I guess one of my faults is voicing my opinion on thing's I feel strongly about while not always thinking about the full repercussions. Which may include all effects of others feelings. :)

•••
On that note, I think this thread has come full circle and with the OP's permission I'd like to close it on a positive note. :)

What do you think DNP?
Your call.

Cy

•••
close if you want

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back