NameSilo

Whois servers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
OK..so I know that when a domain drops you can check the whois server of the new registrar after 2:30PM Eastern and see that they got it. For example, if Enom gets XYZ.COM I can check whois.enom.com and see that they have it. All other registrars will say that the domain doesn't exist until they update (by the next day).

So, my question is, does anyone have a list of whois servers for the major drop services and for the big private players so that I can write a little script to tell me who got a name?

Hope this was clear enough....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Re: Whois servers?

Originally posted by Matt Wade
OK..so I know that when a domain drops you can check the whois server of the new registrar after 2:30PM Eastern and see that they got it. For example, if Enom gets XYZ.COM I can check whois.enom.com and see that they have it. All other registrars will say that the domain doesn't exist until they update (by the next day).

So, my question is, does anyone have a list of whois servers for the major drop services and for the big private players so that I can write a little script to tell me who got a name?

Hope this was clear enough....

hey,

yes it will give you the whois after probably 2:00 PST..its only the registry that takes while to update..local registries are updated as soon as they register the domain and hand to a client..hope that answers it..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back