NameSilo

Namecheap Cancelled won auction, a couple days later is in pending delete

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

thejohn

Established Member
Impact
I won a domain a couple days ago on Namecheap auction. After 3 hours after I won it they cancelled the auction. I can understand that the domain can be renewed in the meantime. I wrote them in Live Chat and they told me "To my regret, the auction was cancelled due to some reasons." I just checked today whois and the domain is in pending delete. How is that possible?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
There’s two Marina’s (!)
I admit Marina is a nice name.
I’m going to add the 2nd Marina to my post, all credit to you!
Beautiful names indeed.

And we even have @Edward Marukhian, but he's not been online for a while.

•••
Last edited:
•••
The thing is I even got an email saying: "We thought you'd like to know that the domain auction has been cancelled. This is because the original registrant has renewed the domain and it's no longer available for purchase".

•••
The thing is I even got an email saying: "We thought you'd like to know that the domain auction has been cancelled. This is because the original registrant has renewed the domain and it's no longer available for purchase".
Without disclosing the domain, what Domain Status and Dates (3x) do you see for the domain, here?

Last edited:
•••
Without disclosing the domain, what Domain Status and Dates (3x) do you see for the domain here?
  • Domain Status:
    pendingDelete
    serverHold
    serverTransferProhibited
    clientTransferProhibited
    redemptionPeriod
    • Registry Expiration: 2024-04-13 23:59:59
    • Updated: 2024-05-26 01:44:04
During the auction, the expiration was 2025, from what I know that is standard procedure. Now is showing the above.

Last edited:
•••
This is wrong and a disgrace by NameCheap.

Change the rules to make this impossible! I was considering trying NC auction platform.

The worst if took advantage to “test the waters” before they renew. Did GoDaddy not used to be rampart with this until GD changed to make it literally impossible to renew names in auction.

Saying it’s “beta” is not enough; but at least you dont limit participants to your auctions like GD.

I’m going to tag their CEO @enetwork now.
Shame, this is possible — make it impossible !

Last edited:
•••
This is wrong and a disgrace by NameCheap.

Change the rules to make this impossible! I was considering trying NC auction platform.

The worst if took advantage to “test the waters” before they renew. Did GoDaddy not used to be rampart with this until GD changed to make it literally impossible to renew names in auction.

Saying it’s “beta” is not enough; but at least you dont limit participants to your auctions like GD.

I’m going to tag their CEO @enetwork now.
Shame, this is possible — make it impossible !
The “best” thing is the domain wasn’t renewed even though I got the email saying it was, is in pending delete now.
I know the domain is valuable, they know too, the question is why they did it. It is my second year using their marketplace, not anymore.
I did ask their Live Chat what are the "some reasons", he told me:"
Regrettably, yes, as a representative from this company I should comply with our policy and don't share any confidential information that may be harmful for us."
Just opened an account on Spaceship too, transferring the domains soon.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Regrettably, yes, as a representative from this company I should comply with our policy and don't share any confidential information that may be harmful for us."

Jeez, this isn't a positive reply and you need to keep a close eye on this domain to see where it eventually ends up.

•••
Jeez, this isn't a positive reply and you need to keep a close eye on this domain to see where it eventually ends up.
For sure, something strange is happening here.

•••
NameCheap does not allow user auctions.

Why? @enetwork everyday you give me more reasons to be grateful i dont have one NC DN.

Nice to know; you can renew expiring in auction; but not actually auction.

IMG_1190.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
Pretty sure they're not on the edge of cropping up to respond in here and give a proper answer.

Sadly, that's how things go, sometimes...

•••
Pretty sure they're not on the edge of cropping up to respond in here and give a proper answer.

Sadly, that's how things go, sometimes...
I get that vibe, too; and no problem!
In case they are reading this,
NameCheap’s not “cheap” bloated .com renewal.

Last edited:
•••
I get that vibe, too; and no problem!
In case they are reading this,
NameCheap’s not “cheap” bloated .com renewal.
$13.98 is not that cheap for domain renewal, what your buying is a good company.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back