IT.COM

Which registrar would you trust your High Value Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We all know about the cheap, the average, the popular but what about bullet proof security of various problems that may happen to your domain

When you have an expensive domain you are a target for many people that dreaming of the domain

Which registrar would you trust your expensive domain(s) and why ?
What is different with this registrar compared with the others ?
What's your definition of total security to help you create a peace of mind state for your domain ?

Apart from high jacking, if you get a false spam accusation or any other legal issue, will this registrar hold your domain active until he gets a legal order ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'll certainly try out Fabulous in the future.

I am curious about if you can pay with PayPal. I tried following these instructions from the FAQ at Fabulous:

How do I add funds using PayPal?

To add funds to your Fabulous.com account via PayPal follow the steps below:

1. Go to the "Deposit Funds" page in the "Finance" area of your account.
2. Click on the "PayPal Deposit" button at the bottom of the page and a pop-up window will launch.
3. Select a deposit amount from the drop-down menu and click "Continue".
4. You will be redirected to a secure PayPal login screen in order to complete the transaction.

I cannot locate the PayPal option on the Deposit Funds page.

Last edited:
•••
I want to transfer out my domains to Fab, how do I proceed, Mike ?

•••
snoopinc said:
I cannot locate the PayPal option on the Deposit Funds page.
Hi snoopinc,

PayPal is only a payment option for Wholesale/Monetization accounts. Can you please send me your username and I can look into this further for you.

Charley said:
I want to transfer out my domains to Fab, how do I proceed, Mike ?
Hi Charley,

To transfer domain names from another registrar into Fabulous please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure that the Registrar lock has been removed at the current registrar (i.e has a WHOIS status of ACTIVE) and was first registered more than 60 days ago.

2. Login to your Fabulous account and go to the "Transfer" page in the "Manage" area.

3. Enter the domain(s) you would like to transfer into the "Transfer Bulk Domains" box along with the Authorization code for each domain in the format outlined below, then click the "Continue" button.
domain1.com authorization​
domain2.com authorization​

4. The page will refresh confirming whether the domains you have entered are eligible for transfer, as well as itemizing all transfer costs. Please review the domain names and Authorization codes listed, and if you are happy to proceed with the transaction agree to the Terms and Conditions, and click the "Continue" button.

5. The page will refresh, allowing you to select the WHOIS contact profiles you would like to use for the domains. Click the "Continue" button.

6. The page will refresh, providing you with a summary of the transaction, and should your Fabulous account balance be insufficient, options to fund the transaction. Click the "Continue" button.
* At this point the transfer costs will be charged to your Fabulous account balance.

7. Fabulous.com will send a transfer approval email to the WHOIS Administrative contact email address for the domain. This email contains a link which will take the registrant to a web page where they can approve the transfer to Fabulous.com.
* If this email does not arrive, possible reasons include; the domain is registrar locked, the domain has not been with its current registrar for 60 days, the WHOIS contact email address is not correct, or the WHOIS contact's ISP/anti spam software is blocking the email from Fabulous.com.

8. Once this is approved, Fabulous will send a transfer order to the losing registrar.

9. There domain owner then has five (5) days to explicitly approve or decline the transfer within their account at the losing registrar. If no response is received, after no longer than 5 days the Central Registry should automatically transfer the domain to Fabulous.com.
* Please note: Depending on the time of day that the losing Registrar auto approves or the owner approves the transfer it can take up to 24 hours for the domain name show in your Fabulous.com account

10. Once your domain has been successfully transferred you will receive an email notification from Fabulous.com.

11. You can now manage your domain(s) through your Fabulous.com account.

NOTE: If a transfer request is not approved or fails for another reason, the transfer fee will be returned to your account balance.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
I like Moniker myself :D

•••
Mike Fabulous said:
Let me know if you have any other questions.

How much is the transfer fee for a .com ?

•••
Hi Charley,

Currently, for those with Monetization/Wholesale accounts, we charge $6.85 for .com transfers.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Mike, I have a parking account with Fabulous, so I get $6.85 for each domain name ?

•••
Charley said:
Mike, I have a parking account with Fabulous, so I get $6.85 for each domain name ?

Hi, yes that would be correct Charley. I'll let Mike confirm it but I'm pretty certain if you've got a parking account you have $6.85 .com registrations/transfers & $4.95 .net registrations/transfers.

Not only are Fabulous the most secure and best company to be with but they're about the cheapest as far as I've found. Definitely the best value, that's for sure.

•••
Thanks, isn't there a price reduction for bulk domain transfers ?

•••
AussieDomainer is correct. If you have a monetization account, you will be entitled to the wholesale domain prices. Charely, PM me your username and I can confirm your pricing plan.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer any further discounts on bulk transfers. As it is now, we are offering domains at cost (plus bank fees).

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
I would go with NameCheap

•••
Dr. Teeth said:
I would go with NameCheap
Why, their prices are higher and I've had some difficulties with them. I really like Fab and seldom use Namecheap any more. JMO

•••
Mike Fabulous said:
Charely, PM me your username and I can confirm your pricing plan.

Ok will do.

•••
Mike, I want to use Paypal to pay for the transfer, it shows Credit Card as the only option.

•••
Charley said:
Mike, I want to use Paypal to pay for the transfer, it shows Credit Card as the only option.
Hi Charley,

You will first need to Deposit Funds to your account using PayPal. To do this simply log into your account and click on the Finance > Deposit Funds link.

At the bottom of this page there is a "PayPal Deposit" button. Once you click this, a Pop Up will load, allowing to fund your account with your PayPal account.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Hello Mike,

it looks like you are very active in this thread ;) ... so its positive sign.

Maybe i can ask view questins:

1. Whats point on different /parking/monetization/wholesale account ?
(cheapest prizes are on parking account, so you expect that i (we) park domains with you ? )
If i remember right at signup, we need to list some of our domains ?

2. How do you act with TM domains ? Possibly TM-domains ?
(i have read somewhere else you are "clean" company. That sound ok, but lets give example: Some of my registers received email that tells there is TM-Problem with some of my domains. They simply asked me to remove domain from them!!! WITHOUT any explanation (no TM info/nothing), just because someone told them there COULD be TM-Problem, and i declined to transfer domain without any info)
So how do you handle this ?

Thank you,
Zoran

Last edited:
•••
Hi Zoran,

In response to your questions:

1. We offer two different types of accounts, Monetization (previously known as Wholesale) and Registration (previously known as Retail). The Monetization account gives you access to our premium parking program and the wholesale domain prices. The wholesale pricing plan is a value added service to those that use our parking program. However, you do not need to park all your domains with us to get the cheap registration costs.

2. You are able to register any domain name you like. However, we are very particular with the domains that we allow to be parked on our program. We do not accept domains that are illegal/questionable in nature, or those that have potential TM concerns.

All new wholesale accounts are subject to approval with periodical reviews.

If there are any further questions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
I have domains at netsol, namecheap, moniker and register.com

So far I like register.com the most, namecheap.com for the easy ones.

I usually check webhosting.info website to see which registrars have the highest growth, and register.com appears to be doing really good with a curve upwards, while moniker has lost 38,000 domains..
Godaddy has the highest growth but thats to be expected..

Since I've never heard any complaints about register.com, and they have reasonable transfer price now (14 bucks), I decided to go with them.

•••
Mike Fabulous said:
Hi guys,

Whois Privacy is a feature we are actually considering offering soon. Nothing has been set in stone just yet, however, I'll keep you posted with more details as they come to hand.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Hi Mike any update on this whois privacy feature

Looking to move all of my lll.com over just waiting on this whois privacy to be added to Fabulous.com

•••
still Moniker for me, but they need to bring a double lock feature for names u have to speak to them to get unlocked, names u r unlikely to ever want to sell, or are just worth shedloads

•••
D-K said:
Hi Mike any update on this whois privacy feature

Looking to move all of my lll.com over just waiting on this whois privacy to be added to Fabulous.com
Hi D-K,

We are still working through the various issues needed to get this implemented. It is definitely something we are keen to offer, but at this stage we are going through the legalities, development, etc.

Unfortunately I am unable to give you a time frame as to when this will be available. As soon as I have more information, I will be sure to let you know.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Mike, maybe you remember Me. At the moment i am the guy who have around 600 One word Nature and Wolves related domains in spanish words, and some 1995 Old registered domains parked with namedrive. I have at a moment only one domain with you and i want Send the 1995s, 1998s and dual word english to you, but have the Retail Price. I not use much LLL.xxx except some LLN.orgs

What i need to do to ask for change to Monetization from Retail ?

•••
aki said:
So far I like register.com the most
Interesting. Just out of curiosity, can you elaborate further how or why?

•••
Hi Licantropo,

Thanks for the note.

Can you please send me a PM with your current Username and the list of domains you own.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
PM sent. By the way, you already have the domain of my main personal site, the more valuable to me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back