IT.COM

poll Which registrar has the best domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which registrar has the best domain name?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Name.com

• NameSilo

• Network Solutions

• NameCheap

• Epik

• Sav

• Register.com

• Porkbun

• Uniregistry

• GoDaddy

• Dynadot

• 101domain

• CloudFlare

• DirectNic

• Domain.com

• Dotster

• Google

• Hexonet

• Hover

• InternetBS

• Moniker

• NameBright

• NamePal

• Rebel

• Fabulous

• Rebel

• 123-Reg

• ResellerClub

• HostPapa

• Hostinger

• Gandi

• BlueHost

• Alibaba Cloud

• Public Domain Registry

• HiChina

• Ionos

• Onamae

• OVH

• Reg.ru

• Register.it

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nonsense question.
Customers own the names not the Registrar.
And why do we need to know. You must have too much free time with all your nonsense threads that wasting time.

•••
Nonsense question.
Customers own the names not the Registrar.
And why do we need to know. You must have too much free time with all your nonsense threads that wasting time.
If you take a positive approach, I am sure you will start deriving much more value out of the discussions and the forum in general.

•••
Unfortunately I'm not a registrar :)

•••
When I say registrar, I meant name of the registrar itself - Is 'Godaddy' as a brandable term better than 'Epik' better than 'Name.com'?

•••
Why do we care about their name?

•••
Domain
Name
Register
Rebel (I like it)

If I'm going to pick one: Domain (or Name), close call. But truly, I don't care

If a registrar out there called themselves "Happy Fish", and they offered unparalleled service, security, price, care ...then I'll do business with Happy Fish

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Voted Name.com, though not my fav registrar, is a great fit. Porkbun, for originality, would get my runner up. GoDaddy for a cool-sounding brand, gets a place on the podium.

•••
Name.com and Domain.com. But I will be transferring all my names away from Name.com and I have not used Domain.com

•••
•••
I am not sure if they are currently a registrar, but Pool.com is up there for the best generic domain in the field.

Brad

•••
The question is "which registrar has the best name for the service", and not which offers the best service.
I would give it to domain.com, then name.com and register.com

•••
•••
•••
Why do we care about their name?

I would care only if I wanted to buy a registrar though I don't know his reason.

Last edited:
•••
Hands-down name dot com. It's not even remotely close. Name dot com is probably the best domain name in the domain name industry in respect of being a registrar. All the other names in your list are longer or/and more complicated to spell. Name wins a one-horse race. All the other horses are still in the stables when name dot com crosses the finish line.

Last edited:
•••
Of course really its name dot com. But I prefer Porkbun - I mean what a bananas but totally stand-out-from-the-crowd name.
And yes, methinks spending too much time on NP today!

•••
•••
•••
Epik is a pretty killer name too. Going to put them alongside the brandable podium with GoDaddy.

•••
Name.com because it is more generic than domain.com. ty. :)

•••
i would want to buy, though, dynadot, godaddy, namesilo, namecheap or epik. lol. :)

•••
Epik is a pretty killer name too. Going to put them alongside the brandable podium with GoDaddy.

"Visit us at Epik dot com!"

"Epic?"

"No, with a K..."

"Oh, the English program in Korea?"

"No..."

I guess we don't really need to worry about the radio test anymore since there probably aren't very many registrars advertising on the radio.

•••
"Visit us at Epik dot com!"

"Epic?"

"No, with a K..."

"Oh, the English program in Korea?"

"No..."

I guess we don't really need to worry about the radio test anymore since there probably aren't very many registrars advertising on the radio.
I guess if they did, at least it's only 4 characters. But yeah, brandables and the radio test don't always play nicely. GD actually does still advertise on the radio, fyi. Smart.

•••
•••
Back