NameSilo

Which registrar would you trust your High Value Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We all know about the cheap, the average, the popular but what about bullet proof security of various problems that may happen to your domain

When you have an expensive domain you are a target for many people that dreaming of the domain

Which registrar would you trust your expensive domain(s) and why ?
What is different with this registrar compared with the others ?
What's your definition of total security to help you create a peace of mind state for your domain ?

Apart from high jacking, if you get a false spam accusation or any other legal issue, will this registrar hold your domain active until he gets a legal order ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Moniker without question!

•••
•••
Fabulous and their executive lock

Moniker second, but I will take Fabulous over anyone in the business anyday.

•••
equity78 said:
Fabulous and their executive lock

Moniker second, but I will take Fabulous over anyone in the business anyday.

yes, Fabulous without a doubt. I have been slowly but surely moving all my most valuable domains to Fabulous. Moniker is good, but it really doesn't get any better than Fabulous... and of course their support is Fabulous too. My *only* complaint about Fabulous is that when I call them (and I do) it is always an international phone call. There are some domains that Fabulous does not handle (they only have com,net,org,info), so the others I leave at enom for no particular reason. I suppose I should move my "weird" tld domains to Moniker, but I think enom is good enough for the other less valuable extensions.

•••
Any other opinion ?

So Fabulous takes the total vote for the best and most trusted registrar for high valued names ?

(to be honest i thought most of you would say Moniker)

•••
I say Moniker is best as i never heard any complain too.

•••
adomaindeal said:
I say Moniker is best as i never heard any complain too.

Well i did hear some minor complains but they were not serious to spoil the idea i had for Moniker
However it's new to me that Fabulous is better than Moniker

Maybe people supporting Fabulous explain better the advantages over Moniker

Also i would like to see Moniker fans too (if there are any at this topic)

•••
dotnom said:

1)Fabulous is cheaper
2)Fabulous has better support
3)Fabulous has security questions that you set so even if someone gets into your account with your username & password they still can't do anything without knowing the answers to the security questions you have set.
4)Fabulous also has executive lock which is even stronger than the security questions.

For 24/7 email & phone support I like GoDaddy, For the best security I like Fabulous, Only downside I have with Fabulous is it's an international call from my end, but the email and forum rep support is usually pretty quick where you could live without making a phone call.

•••
•••
I would recommend Moniker for your expensive domains.

•••
I suppose one more general comment on the topic of high value domain trust/security: pay several years in advance, regardless of registrar. That could be useful information in court, and of course you just never know what is going to happen wrt communications, economies, wars, etc. on a short to medium term basis.

•••
SpareDomains said:
Only downside I have with Fabulous is it's an international call from my end, but the email and forum rep support is usually pretty quick where you could live without making a phone call.
If you guys ever need phone support, feel free to email the support team and request that they phone you back. It shouldn't be a problem at all for us to do that for you!

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
That's why IMO you are the best Mike.

•••
SpareDomains said:
1)Fabulous is cheaper
3)Fabulous has security questions that you set so even if someone gets into your account with your username & password they still can't do anything without knowing the answers to the security questions you have set.
4)Fabulous also has executive lock which is even stronger than the security questions.

My favourite registrar.

owntype said:

You must be kiddin'

•••
here on namepros
im always here. great support for domains. just a pm away.

•••
weblord said:
here on namepros
im always here. great support for domains. just a pm away.

You mean keeping "premium domains" on NP ?

•••
npcomplete said:
yes, Fabulous without a doubt. I have been slowly but surely moving all my most valuable domains to Fabulous. Moniker is good, but it really doesn't get any better than Fabulous... and of course their support is Fabulous too. My *only* complaint about Fabulous is that when I call them (and I do) it is always an international phone call. There are some domains that Fabulous does not handle (they only have com,net,org,info), so the others I leave at enom for no particular reason. I suppose I should move my "weird" tld domains to Moniker, but I think enom is good enough for the other less valuable extensions.
SpareDomains said:
dotnom said:

1)Fabulous is cheaper

For 24/7 email & phone support I like GoDaddy, For the best security I like Fabulous, Only downside I have with Fabulous is it's an international call from my end, but the email and forum rep support is usually pretty quick where you could live without making a phone call.
Mike Fabulous said:
SpareDomains said:
Only downside I have with Fabulous is it's an international call from my end, but the email and forum rep support is usually pretty quick where you could live without making a phone call.
If you guys ever need phone support, feel free to email the support team and request that they phone you back. It shouldn't be a problem at all for us to do that for you!

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

See a common thread here? People raise an issue like phone support as the *only* issue that bothers them about Fabulous, and a couple days later Mike responds directly with a solution to the phone problem. I have been doing computer stuff for 40 years, and I have never seen anything approaching the excellent level of support supplied by Fabulous.

I repeat my earlier assessment:

"Moniker is good, but it really doesn't get any better than Fabulous... and of course their support is Fabulous too."

In summary, Fabulous has:

1.) best security
2.) best prices
3.) best support
4.) best overall parking program

True, they only cover com/net/org/info (the vast majority of the market), but for the four major extensions the decision is easy.

Thanks Mike.

•••
I'm convinced to try Fabulous and i will real soon when i'll transfer some of my names there

•••
My favorite is namecheap.com & there customer support is excellent..

Im not a big fan og godaddy just because there in it to much for money and they always seem to screw the customer in the long run..

•••
Remember this is about who to trust your "very valuable domain."

I heard that Moniker is secured, and never heard of any complaint about being grabbed by the registrar unlike what is happening in Godaddy.

This is the reason why i am now choosing Moniker as my main registrar.

Last edited:
•••

Have read some similar posts/polls here and there about the similar topics, but still have a question:

Anyone can accurately explain why so many Big-Name companies are registering their business domains at Network solutions:?

•••
GoDaddy helped a lot the other registrars
The insecure way they run their business and the uncertainty he spread with some cases (one of them that lead to www.nodaddy.com) is one of the reasons that many people search for something stable and professional

BestBusinessDomains said:

Big companies have their names registered from 199X and that time NetSol was the biggest registrar
(normal fonts would be nicer)

•••
Moniker. my rep Bari is super quick in replying my emails, usually within an hour.
also I heard that Moniker has never lost a domain.

•••
You can't go past Fabulous!

#1 in so many ways.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back