Dominion.Domains

What's the general broker fee when finding a domain?

Located in General Domain Discussion started by maxjohan, Feb 4, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. maxjohan

maxjohan Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi. What's the general broker fee for finding a domain name for someone?

I know brokers mostly represent sellers. But if somebody was looking for a six figure name. And I could point them in the right direction and close the deal. What do brokers charge for this?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. maxjohan

maxjohan Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Ok. I found an answer at sedo. As they charge 15%, plus $69.

3. NoBS

NoBS Established Member

Six figures gives you leverage with fees. It's like real estate. Domain brokers want 15% because it not worth the low commission for sub xxx,xxx. Obviously a real estate broker that wanted 15% for selling house or land worth XXX,XXX+ would be a joke. Unfortunately there are still domain brokers and auction houses that charge high fees, but you should shop around. It's a smallish industry so there are only so many GOOD brokers that know what they're doing. It's not like a christies auction with a global reach and bigger overheads, but the GOOD domain brokers may already have their hands full.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!