Domain Empire

advice How I Would Choose a Domain Broker

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Domain brokers can be very helpful. Some of the best domain name brokers sell millions of dollars worth of domain names each year. Brokers can be an essential part of the process of selling domain names, and there are quite a few domain brokers I respect and would use.
It is very easy to become a domain broker. There are no qualifications required, there are no certifications needed, and literally anyone can call themselves a domain broker without any industry background or experience (do a Google or LinkedIn search to see how many there are!). As far as I know, there are no requirements for people to identify themselves as professional domain name brokers. It is because of this that due diligence is required before choosing a domain broker...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
exactly .. anyone with the art of selling domains at a profit can be a domain broker. U just need the art of convincing.

•••
I would think the first criteria should be your domain should be worth at least $10k. That gives the broker an incentive of $2-3k to work with. Anything much below that, I don't think the broker is actually going to do much actual work in actually trying to actively sell the domain. They probably just email list it to their email list, and deal with any inquiries they might get. But won't do much actually selling of the domain.

So it depends on what kind of broker you actually want/need to some extent.

•••
This is an interesting article (with the emphasis on trust) to come out at this time, just when an (ex) domain broker with a suspect financial past is trying to get back into the biz...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back