What should NamePros add?

Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Good morning!

NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

We'd love to hear even more! What else would you like us to add for you?

All suggestions are welcome, from small and simple changes to big and complex features!

Please post below, or submit your suggestions privately.

Let us know what you'd like us to build!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It would be nice if the search dropdown could have a checkbox for showing the results sorted by date, instead of relevance. I know you can go into the Search function itself but I tend to find that when I search, I am looking for more recent topics rather than those from 2008.

It would just a nice little QoL improvement if it was added. :xf.smile:

•••
A feature that would help auctions out, which are usually timed a number of hours after the last bid.

When you hover your mouse over the date of a post reply, it has an ALT Tag that pops up, this could include the number of hours from when it was first posted.

•••
A number of members closed their accounts recently. Other members are considering such an option. Some may return someday. It is life. So, a feature request: add an option to close an own account without contacting anybody, and also a way to automatically restore it later if desired. Would be easy and practical.

•••
My suggestion is NamePros should allow a real face photo, or no photo at all for avatars. Otherwise, this business community has appearance of a kindergarden full of Images of cartoon characters.

•••
A task and reward program. Namepros bucks could be turned into crypto. Ty.

That worked well for Epik

End result, banned by Paypal

Last edited:
•••
NP_homepage.jpg

I made some suggestions before about an auction marquee at the top of the homepage. Homepage only. Here is a mockup of what I envisioned. Could have options to hide or show what you want. Each domain would just link to the auction thread.

Domainers are really in need of a way that is quick and easy to buy, sell, trade domains and this type of setup would not overwhelm the general idea of NP being a forum.

You could even make the marquee auctions paid - say $1 per domain to prevent the system being overwhelmed. Could also make a max of 72 hours till end of auction after last bid to keep auctions from being stale and preventing abuse. Each refresh would show a completely different random list from the previous one before it. So technically upon the third refresh you could have domains from the first load. And so on. Each page load would also refresh the list. That's a whopping 30 domains each list. The fixed price and bargain bin could still be free. Maybe add a third side bar for free auctions too. Many possibilities but the general idea is to make the homepage a quick and easy control panel for auction accessibility. Could be win - win.

Not sure what kind of programming would be involved and so there may be costs I'm not aware of but wanted to put this out there as a suggestion. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 192633

I made some suggestions before about an auction marquee at the top of the homepage. Here is a mockup of what I envisioned. Each domain would just link to the auction thread.

Domainers are really in need of a way that is quick and easy to buy, sell, trade domains and this type of setup would not overwhelm the general idea of NP being a forum.

You could even make the marquee auctions paid - say $1 per domain to prevent the system being overwhelmed. Each refresh would show a completely different random list from the previous one before it. So technically upon the third refresh you could have domains from the first load. And so on. Each page load would also refresh the list. That's a whopping 30 domains each list. The fixed price and bargain bin could still be free. Maybe add a third side bar for free auctions too. Many possibilities but the general idea is to make the homepage a quick and easy control panel for auction accessibility. Could be win - win.

Not sure what kind of programming would be involved and so there may be costs I'm not aware of but wanted to put this out there as a suggestion. Thanks.

Thank you for this mockup. I think it looks very messy. I don't use namePros for the auctions but for the discussions. To present this on all pages including the homepage is very distracting and disturbing. There's already so much commercial breaks and other stuff around everything. Thanks for understanding.

•••
Like Dislike Thank Agree Disagree Challenge Quote Reply, but no "Love"

Inspired by @MasterOfMyDomains

Last edited:
•••
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Love button. Make it worth 20 points

•••
That's great however, the thread says that I should PM NamePros with my suggestions however, NamePros is not accepting PM's.
Thanks for letting us know.

The link has been fixed in the first post of this thread.

how about sales lander by namepros.com?
Added: https://www.namepros.com/parking

Kindly bring back button NEW POSTS on the right corner . Last update makes hardly to navigate the forum
It's there. Please let us know if there is something about it that you'd like changed.

I propose a new 20-Year Member set of stars
Agreed! The badge system is being reworked, and then we'll be able to add new ones like this one. :)

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

•••
Make the "Quick Reply" auto-popup a MANUAL CLICK option, and not something that occludes a large portion of the reply window and functions whenever your mouse comes near it.

•••
In house bulk availability checker.

Why - when there are dedicated services for that? I'm sure you could find a sponsor to provide a widget if it was that desired?

Namepros should become a registrar if they go that path then they can do escrow, auctions,drop catching and everything else too :)

•••
How about an option to favorite threads (like thanks/like) and be able to access the links to all those threads in one page?

You can do that kind of thing with watched threads. Would that help?

https://www.namepros.com/watched/threads

Option to watch/unwatch is there. I know it's not exactly the same but seems similar enough.

You can also create your own bookmarks with your browser ;)

•••
And we'd be better off for it.

Just like Facebook? :)

Not sure how this would improve anything. Most people you can find out their real name anyway. For those that you can't? You ignore or whatever you want to do.

•••
Just like Facebook? :)

Not sure how this would improve anything. Most people you can find out their real name anyway. For those that you can't? You ignore or whatever you want to do.

I would also imagine the NamePros staff has enough on their plate without having to verify every members identity. I don't know what the total number of members is but I bet that would be a PITA.

•••
Great ideas and feedback! Keep them coming! :)

1. Fix the NamePros Search bug. The first time you search always returns "no search results". If you search again for the same thing, it works.
By default, your first search will only search the forum you're currently viewing (not the entire site) unless you specify for it to search the entire site instead. Once you're on the search page, which isn't specific to any particular forum, it searches the entire site the next time you search.

Similarly, if you search while in your Conversations, it'll only search your conversations by default (not the forums).

We should add something to the search page to make that more clear when the search only looked inside a single forum. Thanks for letting us know that this caused some confusion.

•••
This forum is 1000% better than it was years ago.

I would try to add ways to invite Chinese users to interact in the forum with English users. How can we all connect more easily?

Add a section that tracks Chip domain sales prices like many Chinese sites have, for popular extensions.

Add a marketplace that is like a drop/expired domain auction site, with full search capability by extension, length, numbers, etc. To make buying and selling more efficient.

•••
Over my years here I have seen evidence of shill bidding and although it has gotten better it still happens. Is there a way we can verify bidders.

I guess I am not very articulate...what I'm trying to say is there a way to eliminate shill bidding?

Thank you for this question. Security is always forefront in our minds and I can assure you we do as much as possible to keep this at a minimum. Sadly where there are $ there will always be someone trying to abuse it. I thank members for keeping vigilant and report suspect posts which we get a lot of and we do look at every report. This is your community and you all do a good job of keeping it as welcome as possible

•••
hi, any chance to add #watchers for auction threads/forums?
I suppose soemwhere right next to #views

I always enjoy watchign that # on ebay.. or fippa.. or anywhere else they have it. it is a useful stat that cannot hurt. and probably takes very short time to implement.

ty

•••
I would like to see an extension to the appraisal section that allows members to vote +/- for domains submitted, similar to bido's voting mechanism.

•••
This is a little obscure, but I would love an Avatar History on a member's page, it hurts my brain when someone makes a switch, at least if I could get to the old avatar I could make the connection. And a limit on how often you can change your Avatar, like no more than once a month maybe?

It would also be super nifty to have a randomly assigned UNIQUE generic avatar instead of the default, there are a few default avatar members that I get confused, I was thinking of PMing each of them and requesting they pick something!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identicon

And Free Bacon Tuesdays.

•••
I think long back I requested @Eric Lyon to consider some enhancement to make auction better.

We are not able to track our own auctions/bids. I would be good if there is some tab with My Auction & My Bids listings.
The first thing NamePros do this, make it easy for us track our Auction and Bids.

•••
NP already has a marketplace that is for domains and is huge!

The so called big sharks are those PRO members, the ones who think most rules are for us little fish.

I have no problem with search,
You want better search or something?
Use freaking google.

Lastly, ever looked at the total membership of NP?
How many guests are on at any given time?
How many new members come here every day?

•••
Namepros has a like, dislike, thank, quote and reply button. I personally think they should add a lol or smiley face button. There are more times then not that someone says something funny and should get a response without having to post lol or :) It really would add a lot more fun to the forum without wasting time posting a reply. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back