What should NamePros add?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Good morning!

NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

We'd love to hear even more! What else would you like us to add for you?

All suggestions are welcome, from small and simple changes to big and complex features!

Please post below, or submit your suggestions privately.

Let us know what you'd like us to build!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but at the top of every thread there is "Views" and "Replies". We can also have "Watchers" or "Watching".

Could be a good metric to gauge interest.

•••
@Eric Lyon , @NamePros, thank you for asking for feedback from the users. This is a great idea. I have 3 Suggestions:

1 - The member option of having a Verified Identity would be good. That would give more credibility to those who want it. This can be done by linking the profile to a paypal account. If someone can't link to a PayPal or another payment service if they don't have paypal. On some sites they give you a badge for having a varified PayPal account. Maybe NP can have a badge that's similar to the Business Account Badge.

2 - Requiring new members have registered at least 30 days before being able to post new contests in the contests area. OR require them to have posted 25 discussion posts prior to hosting a contest.

There are likely douche bags who are repeatedly creating and abandoning contests under new profiles over and over again. They do this because they want free logos. This would slow down the process, make it more difficult and discourage it all together.
If NP prevents brand new members from posting links, why not have a similar policy for hosting contests?

3 - To further discourage abandoned contests, where it says "The opinions expressed here by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros." under the first post on a page in the discussion area, I would add a similar statement under the first post in the contest threads saying something like "Contest holders are required to select a winner within 10 days from the contest end date. Click here to view contest rules."

Having this on display in the contest would discourage people from hosting contests in bad faith and give moderators more time to focus on other issues.

•••
There are really great ideas in this thread. Please continue posting your ideas. We have an entire development team working on many of these suggestions, and we can't wait to share them with you.

It takes a long time to build and test everything to handle the amount of traffic we receive, but we are working on it every day, even on weekends! Coming soon... ;)

•••
All of this feedback is excellent and truly appreciated.

We will work on most of these features in due time. At the moment, we're working on a big project, and while the feature requests in this thread may seem like they wouldn't take too long, they would all add up and distract us from our primary focus: finishing our current project. Once we finish this project (the largest project NamePros has ever undertaken in its history), then we will add a bunch of these smaller feature requests.

Please be patient and trust that the wait will be well worth it! ;)

•••
Thank you for all of these excellent suggestions! We are actively working on many of these suggestions and they'll all be released in a major update sometime this year. ;)

We're looking forward to sharing all of our hard work with you!

•••
Subtract the posts in Break Room / Contests to get rid of the post padding and buddies liking each others posts to increase Likes artificially.

It may or may not be possible but I think it makes it harder to tell who really contributes and who is a poser.

Last edited:
•••
Someone may have already recommended this, but start local chapters to brainstorm, recruit new members and to educate locals and end users about the domain industry.

•••
1) "Ignore thread" is the most vital feature needed - too much spam/reactionary/polarizing content being allowed to stay up directly caused many valuable/longstanding members to leave in recent months. If mods want to not censor then ok but please give us some tools to curate our experience a bit better.

2) Section for non-standard extensions such as tor .onion, blockchain assets such as .eth/.crypto/.zil/handshake etc. It can be like External Domains so that it doesn't show up on the main feed.

3) Insiders Club -> Exclusive Marketplace section should be changed so that while only members/vips can post threads there but anyone can see and comment on the those threads. This section is pretty much dead currently as you don't get enough eyes on your names so no one posts there, but at the same time it has advantages like lack of Google indexing.

Last edited:
•••
Would be nice to be able to favorite individual posts (not just threads) as a reference

•••
do u think we will ever see the day when people we ignore are truly ignored... and do not even appear in like dislike timelines of ours or any other places.
Yes. Those are oversights that should be resolved when we upgrade the forum software soon. 🤞

•••
Thanks for all the excellent ideas! The dev team at NamePros is growing, so we’re looking forward to seeing many of your suggestions brought to life in the near future.

Subscribe to alerts of new suggestions to share your thoughts on them.

•••
The ability to delete an old post or thread.

•••
It seems that most of the fraud in buying and selling on this site occurs from users who create new temporary accounts, then delete them after they're caught.

Once these people delete one bad account, they quickly create a new account and their fraudulent activity starts all over again.

So: I think users should have to earn the privilege of buying and selling names on NamePros by meeting a minimum impact score.

This would help to stop the cycle of people rapidly generating new accounts to commit fraud on NP.

Thanks

•••
What's the status on removing anonymous voting?

•••
Search feature within the title.

And overall search engine improvement. Results that are irrelevant to the keyword and have low engagement appear first.

•••
I think it would be useful if you add the option to choose the range of the transaction when leaving a feedback.

A feedback for a small transaction of $2-3 isn’t right to have the same value as a transaction of $100+

•••
Ability to delete DMs.
It’s sad u think half a** method of “leaving DM” suffices..

Last edited:
•••
•••
I was just thinking, why don't we have a "Bump" button?

•••
expand the store, sell NamePros merchandise, mouse pads, mugs, caps, tshirts, sloppy joes, flash drives & charity ribbons.

Cheers
Corey

•••
An idea - Give us the option to open sales threads with search engine indexing disabled ("noindex")
[noindex]example.com[/noindex]
The easiest way is to space out the domain name like d o m a i n n a m e . c o m

would be nice if signatures showed up on mobile without turning phone sideways
Bottom left of the page is "Desktop Version" link that will enable that.

I wish you'd count the number of thanks you get and display it next to number of posts
The number of Thanks are added to the Likes number and are shown next to Posts. ;)

•••
A way for users to view their marketplace listings, instead of having to go through your content to find your last post.

•••
An escrow service to be run by namepro's stuff for member-member transactions in domain selling.

•••
Ability to block a thread is in the works since a long time. But still not implemented.

As Namepros has become so popular, it has also become too cluttered.

For instance, some members bump their thread daily. Nothing wrong about it, but if I am not interested in what they sell or buy, it is only irritating. So I would like to be able to block this thread. Lots and lots of threads that are bumped daily, or even several times a day, in which members are not interested.

If you notice how easily a new post gets buried beyong page 1 just minutes after submission, it becomes clear that un-cluttering Namepros with selective thread blocking would be a great step towards better readability and user engagement.

•••
I can't write a new one. Maybe it was a moderation nightmare but good tags add spice to the soup.
Yes, they were being abused because they could be set anonymously, so typically only the thread creator can set them on the thread itself now. However, anyone who posts in the thread can set them using hash tags, which allows the tagger to be identified.

Here's an example: #add on (click it to see what I mean).

Is that sufficient or should we do something else?

Thanks for your feedback,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back