What should NamePros add?

NameSilo
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Good morning!

NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

We'd love to hear even more! What else would you like us to add for you?

All suggestions are welcome, from small and simple changes to big and complex features!

Please post below, or submit your suggestions privately.

Let us know what you'd like us to build!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So basically, although most don't have the ability to be completely impartial and fair, and it's a power thing, and you gave a bunch of upvotes, related all in the same post.. are you anointing yourself a proven judgment-caller? Just saying, because a lot of the stuff you spout, to me, is complete nonsense... although I believe your heart is in the right place.

It's a tricky path to navigate as we all have our opinions and giving more power to one over the other based on the criteria you've put forth will also pigeon-hole members as to speaking their mind or being out of line based on said criteria.

Tough job for NP to determine, in my opinion, and I think the older system solely made up of likes, dislikes thanks etc is sufficient because the upvotes, downvotes system should really be reserved for systems that aren't so much opinion-based, but fact-based.
Apparently you don't understand the difference between a member having the right to express their own opinions (even if they sound like nonsense to you) and at the same time having the ability to put all those opinions aside when giving an up vote or down vote to someone else's post.

The up votes and down votes are not meant to be used for agreeing with another member's post since there is already an agree button for that, but rather to judge the level of contribution that they have made to the forum by that post and the manner that they have handled themselves while participating in the discussion as far as abiding by all the rules.

I haven't appointed myself as a prominent member and I believe that people have to be elected by the community for that position and pass a certain criteria to qualify as a candidate to be put on the list of members that are going to be considered for that title.

Nevertheless the level of prejudice and negativity that you have shown here is not a characteristic that can be accepted from a prominent member.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
More moderators would help. It was suggested 6 years ago
It's good to have more Moderators to make sure that everyone sticks to the rules and that behaves in a professional manner,

But when it comes to deleting posts or passing judgments in certain situations then it might be best to have a group of elected members that are not anonymous and that everyone knows and can trust.

And also members should be given a way for recourse by being able to appeal their case to the elected judges (which we might call the Forum Elders) if they think that the Mods have made a mistake in thier case.

Three Elders can override the decision of the Mods.

Five Elders can override the decision of the Admins.

Ten Elders can start a revolution in the way that the forum is being run. :)

IMO

•••
Even if/when a members account is restricted it should be free to post in the “chatroom”

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back