IT.COM

What should I do with 1.5K $

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
So I have 1.5K $ to invest but not sure what to buy.

Should I buy a single 1 word domain and hold it off or buy few domain through the aftermarket.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So I have 1.5K $ to invest but not sure what to buy.

Should I buy a single 1 word domain and hold it off or buy few domain through the aftermarket.
>>>>>

You should definitely buy a good name and brand it. Spend $1400 on a quality name and then $100 on a Wordpress template, and make something good where you can make the money back, and then sell it later on.

•••
It's very easy to burn money in the beginning when you're understanding this industry. If I could hit the reset button and start over this would be my approach.

buy 10 "GOOD" brandable marketplace names that are already approved for $300. If you sell one @ $1,500 it covers your initial investment. Worse case scenario you could resell at initial cost to recoup investment.

buy 25 well researched handregs for $250. Reg 5-10 good GEO domains and try to sell at least one @ $250 in the beginning to recoup initial cost.

buy one well researched domain from Namejet for $150. Worse case resell at initial cost.

buy one well researched domain from Namejet for $300. Worse case resell at initial cost.

buy one well researched domain from Namejet for $500 Worse case resell at initial cost.

Spreading out your investment is the best thing you can do. Spread out correctly and you can always get back your investment. If you do good research and don't buy junk I can guarantee you will make money.

•••
After lots of research and watching the market as recommended...

Buy quality two word .com, four letter .com and a couple 5-7 letter pronounceable .coms

If any $ left reg a few 5L chips before the buyout and maybe reg a new g if you find one that makes sense, most of the ones that do won't be available at a regular registration rate but you may think up a winner.

•••
•••
I think if you stick to some decent 2 word brandables and leave the chips in the bag for now you will do ok.

•••
I would use most of that $1500 to buy quality two-word.com(s). Chips will take longer to grow in value in my opinion, whereas two-words have greater upside.

•••
Let me guess what NNNN.com it was:

N4N0.com?

•••
•••
•••
•••
No it had all numbers without 0,4

Oh then N7N2.com. It is still available for handreg.
n7n2.JPG

•••
Beware of Premium names / claims of premium till you look it up on many sites!
I would buy in bulk. And it saves registering too many names! :D auction spares $1
You can then focus on your new domains and get seller ratings! I'm changing my approach now and PM if you want to know what I've got!

Last edited:
•••
Do nothing. You have $1500 with you. Rinse and Repeat.

You still have $1500 with you. :)

•••
One of my nice domains says:
Buy Flip Repeat (.com)
Do that :)

•••
Or you should invest $1500.00 in actual physical gold. Always a good investment.

•••
Auto store? If you can get it going with high traff... Many store scripts - Inbox!

•••
imo buy a few great as u can dot com and other tlds of a niche u luv personally get a decent beta web site started, seo it right, adsense, affiliates, blog on it and build up value. then repeat!

•••
I suggest you to buy a great name that is in your niche (profession, Geo, hobby) or LLLL.com(western premiums>chips for long term). Two word dot com are fine. You can slowly develop them too if you make your mind to website flipping .Chips were not much popular one year back, so this might be the case 1 year ahead,who knows but short names and keyword names were always valued and will be continued to be valued. But learning is very much important here.
So my suggestion 4L.com or 2words.com
P.S I am also a newbie in domain names and I am still learning from forums, stats etc.

•••
I was close to getting a NNNN.com for 2K lol.
PM me next time if you find one in that range.I advise to listen to Shane and some other ideas.You might find some gems in back orders as well as close out.As long as your investment is long time.

•••
Neither are in his budget.

for $1500 he can get a cvcv..if he is lucky..:D

Might as well say he could get a LLL, if he's lucky. :P

@Shane Bellone I appreciate 99% of your comments. This is the 1%. Comparing the likeliness of finding a CVCV under $1,500 to finding a LLL under $1,500 is like comparing a the chances of getting blackjack to the chances of winning the megamillion jackpot.

The last time somebody got "lucky" buying a CVCV under $1500 was reported the day OP posted this. Several other CVCV sales have been reported under $1,500 within the last several months.

cvcv.PNG

It's been 4.5 years since the last LLL was reported under $1,500

aaa.PNG

I'm not necessarily suggesting the OP goes out and finds a CVCV. I'm just saying the likeliness of him finding a CVCV within his budget is in fact a reality. Where as finding a LLL is not.

•••
@Grilled Jesus you really need to check out the word "sarcasm" on dictionary.com. Afterward you will appriciate @Shane Bellone's comments. ;)

•••
go for oneword domains..or 4l.com with cvcv pattern..

Neither are in his budget.

@Grilled Jesus you really need to check out the word "sarcasm" on dictionary.com. Afterward you will appriciate @Shane Bellone's comments. ;)

While it very well may be sarcasm, a new member is here asking for investment advice. How are they to detect the sarcasm when a pro comments on another members advice saying it's not within their budget when in fact it is?

I have the utmost respect for Shane. I also respect facts. My apologies if everybody else read Shane's comments as sarcasm, I just wanted to clear the misconception that CVCV's are out of the OPs budget. They may be rare, but they're out there.

•••
If you don't have any or much knowledge in domains then I would hold the money and do some serious research in domaining and business outside of domaining, geo-polictical etc.

You can get some good advice on here, but filter it from investors and their own opinions. (as it could be biased)
Or choose it and find your own evidence based material.

Thinking beyond domaining is essential. Maybe find a few niches and narrow your searches in business.

Last edited:
•••
While it very well may be sarcasm, a new member is here asking for investment advice. How are they to detect the sarcasm when a pro comments on another members advice saying it's not within their budget when in fact it is?

I have the utmost respect for Shane. I also respect facts. My apologies if everybody else read Shane's comments as sarcasm, I just wanted to clear the misconception that CVCV's are out of the OPs budget. They may be rare, but they're out there.

Yes, domains like XEWU are in that price range. :)

•••
post a thread here in that forum
and offer immediate payment of 1.5K
for any 4l.com CHIP

weak people may accept it today ;)

anybody wants to sell a chip for 1.5K?
PM me

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back