IT.COM

What should I do with 1.5K $

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
So I have 1.5K $ to invest but not sure what to buy.

Should I buy a single 1 word domain and hold it off or buy few domain through the aftermarket.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Speaking from personal experience - buy traffic domains with revenue. These type of names are always liquid, in both bad and good economies. Generics, even good ones, lose value during uncertain times such as the market we have now.

•••
Chips my friend. Research, buy in bulk offload. Rinse and repeat. Take out from some of the profit after third round, invest in 1 or 2 solid ones to hold.

•••
Chips my friend. Research, buy in bulk offload. Rinse and repeat. Take out from some of the profit after third round, invest in 1 or 2 solid ones to hold.
5L chips?

•••
Don't buy chips.

I'd also argue that you should do hella research first because the quickest way to lose money is to go in blind.

•••
Don't buy chips.

I'd also argue that you should do hella research first because the quickest way to lose money is to go in blind.
What's your suggestion?

•••
What's your suggestion?

Read the forums. Determine what sells and what sits on the shelves. Carefully spend $500 on domains, count it as a loss, then begin again with the leftover $1,000. Nothing motivates one to learn like taking a loss.

•••
Depends how important the $1500 is to you. I'm thinking it's pretty important hence the post.

Stay away from domains that are considered liquid now but had no value 1 year ago.

Be prepared. Spend on 1-3 good names instead of frittering it away on 20-30 iffy ones. Buy stuff that makes sense in your first language/ area of expertise.

One of the biggest mistakes I see is basic English speakers registering correctly spelled but badly phrased domains.

•••
go for oneword domains..or 4l.com with cvcv pattern..

•••
•••
•••
•••
Depends how important the $1500 is to you. I'm thinking it's pretty important hence the post.

Stay away from domains that are considered liquid now but had no value 1 year ago.

Be prepared. Spend on 1-3 good names instead of frittering it away on 20-30 iffy ones. Buy stuff that makes sense in your first language/ area of expertise.

One of the biggest mistakes I see is basic English speakers registering correctly spelled but badly phrased domains.
thanks ,names from the after market?

•••
•••
Get the best 4L.com you can get. They will not go back down to levels we used to see on the forums and aftermarkets. They may drop a little, but I see them going higher and higher in the next couple years.

4L.com are highly sought after and most owners of them are holding onto them. If you need to sell it, you will have an easier time selling it than almost all other niche domains.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I'd go on holiday. Somewhere hot. Maybe Spain. Then when I got back I'd think "That was nice" and be content that I hadn't wasted my money. But that's just me. Seriously though I think Shane's idea was good. Only spending a fraction of the overall budget to test the waters as it were. Alternatively you could diversify.

•••
Play to your strengths and only invest into something you have had previous success with.

•••
•••
•••
•••
thanks ,names from the after market?

Yes aftermarket. Hand reging is for seasoned pro's. All the obvious stuff went years ago.

•••
*click clack bang*
THE GANGSTERS ALL HERE 3.png

•••
Back