Dynadot

discuss What makes for a good brandable domain ? Showcase your brandables here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
With thousands of startups needing a name for their new company and many more existing businesses also branching out all the time and needing names for their new line of products and services it seems that brandable domains is one of the areas that could be very beneficial to domainers both old and new and deserves to be explored further.

Below are a few points of discussion to get this thread started, if I have left something important out please let me know so that it can be added to them. If you have any tips or advice about brandable domains please feel free to share them with the rest of us.

1-What is a brandable domain.

2-How many different types of brandable domains are there and is one type better than the others.

3-What makes a brandable domain stand out amongst thousands of others.

4-What is the optimum length for a brandable domain, how long can a brandable domain be and still qualify as being a good choice.

5-What types of brandable domains are most desired by startups and existing businesses.

6-What is the best way to find brandable domains.

7-What is the best way to sell brandable domains.

Attention Newbies: It's probably best to first hear what some of the more experienced domainers have to say about this subject before you consider getting any domains, and even then it's probably best to experiment with just a few domains at a time. You should be able to sell one domain and then use the proceeds from that sale to get more domains, if you cannot even sell one domain then you are doing something wrong and need to adjust your strategy. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
enjoyed this thread...time for me to create brandable names:)

•••
Hyroo.com went for $275 on Go Daddy Auctions yesterday, it was a former daily deals site.

Opexo.com sold previously on BrandBucket dropped, went for $60 on Go Daddy Auctions.

•••
lets hope your last name isn't keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele.
lmao! :lol:

•••
I have the following brandables:

1. Caesaro.com
2. Saacy.com
3. Vineral.com
4. Mumudom.com

•••
MY Brandables at Namerific

Hi everyone,
This is my completed list of names at Namerific.com for sale.
Kindly go through and tell me which you like. Thank you very much for your time.

Zapris
Nyxra
Ellry (From Elle meaning female in french. Also like Jewellry )
Peptra
Maverus (Based on Maverick)
Fintly
Tune Matrix
Xermo
Reltro
Qixic
Positra
Lovologist
Automeris
Insant (Like Instant)
Relze
Assern (Based on Asset / ASsert)
Zazro
Zonolo
Splenova (Splendor + Nova meaning new)
SpotTask
True Inspire
Starily
Tactic Advisor
Right Tactics
Vervoir (Ver meaning truth and Voir meaning see in french)
Jabeba
Ovura
Researchcabin
Vewed (From Viewed)
Visble (From visible)
SoftNShine
Cygnate
EverFed
Tutoriate(Based on Tutorial)
Connexta (Based on Connection)
Site Elite
Horazo (Based on Hora meaning time)
Credista
Breezy Solutions
Enhance Engine
Neat Pay
Host Circuit
Fasheo ( Fashion for She)
Inspire Loop
Wild Crunch

PENDING LOGO
SureStat
Payoid
Ignizon (Ignition + Horizon)
Ascentri (Based on Ascent)
Arsenyl (Play on word Arsenal)
Sqiro
Zhelix
Vonodo
Centuronic
Esclara (Translates as This is Clear / Bright in Spanish)

Kindly provide your inputs. What you like and also what you don't like.

•••
•••
Hi everyone,
This is my completed list of names at Namerific.com for sale.
Kindly go through and tell me which you like. Thank you very much for your time.

Zapris
Nyxra
Ellry (From Elle meaning female in french. Also like Jewellry )
Peptra
Maverus (Based on Maverick)
Fintly
Tune Matrix
Xermo
Reltro
Qixic
Positra
Lovologist
Automeris
Insant (Like Instant)
Relze
Assern (Based on Asset / ASsert)
Zazro
Zonolo
Splenova (Splendor + Nova meaning new)
SpotTask
True Inspire
Starily
Tactic Advisor
Right Tactics
Vervoir (Ver meaning truth and Voir meaning see in french)
Jabeba
Ovura
Researchcabin
Vewed (From Viewed)
Visble (From visible)
SoftNShine
Cygnate
EverFed
Tutoriate(Based on Tutorial)
Connexta (Based on Connection)
Site Elite
Horazo (Based on Hora meaning time)
Credista
Breezy Solutions
Enhance Engine
Neat Pay
Host Circuit
Fasheo ( Fashion for She)
Inspire Loop
Wild Crunch

PENDING LOGO
SureStat
Payoid
Ignizon (Ignition + Horizon)
Ascentri (Based on Ascent)
Arsenyl (Play on word Arsenal)
Sqiro
Zhelix
Vonodo
Centuronic
Esclara (Translates as This is Clear / Bright in Spanish)

Kindly provide your inputs. What you like and also what you don't like.

Being straight forward I wouldn't have bought any of them and certainly I wouldn't have chosen them to list on my website for sale. The only good one IMO is wildcrunch but certainly not for 50.000$....it can be good for a food related website but it doesn't justify the price tag NR & you decided to put on it.

This is one of the reasons I don't like NR. They simply throw prices on domains.

I know people whose domains have been refused by NR ( not mine ) and they were much better than these so I am really questioning their competence.

It's not personal and I don't mean to be rude in any way. I am simply sharing my thought. I am really happy for you and for all the domains you have listed on their website. I also wish you to sell them all and quickly.

I would appreciate if you could tell me how many domains you sold through their platform and which ones.
Thank you.

As I said it's just my opinion. No personal attack.

•••
Being straight forward I wouldn't have bought any of them and certainly I wouldn't have chosen them to list on my website for sale. The only good one IMO is wildcrunch but certainly not for 50.000$....it can be good for a food related website but it doesn't justify the price tag NR & you decided to put on it.

This is one of the reasons I don't like NR. They simply throw prices on domains.

I know people whose domains have been refused by NR ( not mine ) and they were much better than these so I am really questioning their competence.

It's not personal and I don't mean to be rude in any way. I am simply sharing my thought. I am really happy for you and for all the domains you have listed on their website. I also wish you to sell them all and quickly.

I would appreciate if you could tell me how many domains you sold through their platform and which ones.
Thank you.

As I said it's just my opinion. No personal attack.

Thanks for your honest opinion. I appreciate it. Brandable names mainly depend on the buyer. A name that one person does not like may be loved by someone else and viceversa. In this, they are volatile.For example, I don't find the domains in your signature that appealing except maybe Fyfth.But that's just my opinion. I can be totally wrong. So, opinion varies. But if some name is appealing to a majority, then that is sure to have more value.
Just today, I received an offer for one of these. The offer alone would cover more than the investment I made in all of them combined. So, my investment has been worthwhile only.
I do agree that the pricing on WildCrunch is high. But what if it appeals to some big food company or health bar. For them $50000 is nothing. Also, the prices at namerific are not fixed. This is one of the things I like about them. They will send you offers no matter how small and leave to you to decide.
Anyway thanks for your opinion. I really appreciate you taking time to go through my list and reply.
Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
I like "Vervoir".

Perfect for a fashion or cosmetic brand of some kind.

•••
Thanks for your honest opinion. I appreciate it. Brandable names mainly depend on the buyer. A name that one person does not like may be loved by someone else and viceversa. In this, they are volatile.For example, I don't find the domains in your signature that appealing except maybe Fyfth.But that's just my opinion. I can be totally wrong. So, opinion varies. But if some name is appealing to a majority, then that is sure to have more value.
Just today, I received an offer for one of these. The offer alone would cover more than the investment I made in all of them combined. So, my investment has been worthwhile only.
I do agree that the pricing on WildCrunch is high. But what if it appeals to some big food company or health bar. For them $50000 is nothing. Also, the prices at namerific are not fixed. This is one of the things I like about them. They will send you offers no matter how small and leave to you to decide.
Anyway thanks for your opinion. I really appreciate you taking time to go through my list and reply.
Cheers.

Finally someone who I can share my thoughts and opinions with! Thanks for not taking it personally as it wasn't a personal attack. As I have always said there are some possible rules for brandables but, to me, they are fascinating because they can't be closed in a " box ". They are living entities that will never accept to be encapsulated in a grey world made of CPC, Exact searches, dictionaries...

Personally I think some of my brandables are good, some great, some crappy but I will stick with them until the day I will stop loving them; then I will probably let them drop. It's cool that you like " fyfth " which I think it's pretty amazing but ( if I remember properly ) it has been rejected by BB and NR!!!!

Ahhhhh...brandables.....I so so love them!

Also I would be happy if you could take the time to through my portfolio and tell me which ones you like the most ( you can PM me ).

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE! :santa::santa::santa::santa:

•••
.coms

BoldSign

Gamarium

they were not accepted in namerific

BB waiting approval ( it took too long time with them)

Last edited:
•••
TAAVY.com (someone told me it sounds like Tech savvy)

and

OONTO.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
savvy is spelled with 2 vv's

TAAVY
it sounds like tech savvy, not spells like , and that was a typing error which i have corrected
Thanks!

•••
hand regged another 2 short 5L & 6L domains:

OFFOOT.com

EISLY.com

:tu:

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
espressus

gibyte

wordiac

picyum

neociti

•••
I have these :

snolly.com
jutsi.com
stuvwx.com

I have few like :

Jutsi.com
Snolly. Com

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
•••
My Recent Brandables

All are .coms

Qualitra
Departly
Globiva
Vilue
Upquire (Up + Acquire)
Widesy
Accomida
Techston

•••
•••
Have some sitting in my godaddy from some years.

Vhir.com
Tluz.com
Twut.com
Vhek.com
HUUV.COM
NUUV.COM
PUUV.COM
Vuvk.com
LUUJ.com
VUUJ.com
WUUJ.com
JIIY.com
VIIY.com

Purchased when LLLLs was the way to go.

Then didn't got any time to think about them.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Some others

Ruuz.com
Jupt.com
Fhur.com

•••
Okay those are the domains I would drop or ask a refund:

EISLY - Not pronounceable at all.
TAAVY- Hard to pronounce and to remember.
Krixo - Confusion? Crixo Cricso Krikso
newtis - Dosn't pass radio test. Sounds bad
espressus - Its long for a brandable?
gibyte - Gigabyte?
wordiac - Dosn't pass radio test. Sounds bad
neociti - Confusion? NeoCity
snolly- Dosn't pass radio test. Sounds bad
jutsi - Dosn't pass radio test. Sounds bad
stuvwx - Dosn't pass radio test. Sounds bad and Not pronounceable at all.
Reviewie - Radio test failed, Confusion, sounds bad.
Techston - Dosn't pass radio test. Sounds bad Texton?

Its my opinion but seriously some "brandables" here are terrible :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back