IT.COM

What is your portfolio worth? Please be honest

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

portfolio You are subscribed to this thread What is your portfolio worth?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • $1000 - $5000

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

ruzeen

Top Member
Impact
What is your portfolio approx. worth right now, if you liquidate your domains and give them away at re-seller prices?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Over 100k easily

I bought my LL.com in 2005 for $80k paid via a bank loan nearly made me broke! but I'd say it's tripled + more in value looking at LL.com sales these days I'm happy I took a risk.

I also have 500+ domains a lot from when I started back in 98.

Looking to downsize to 100 domains.

•••
Over 100k easily

I bought my LL.com in 2005 for $80k paid via a bank loan nearly made me broke! but I'd say it's tripled + more in value looking at LL.com sales these days I'm happy I took a risk.

I'd just keep the LL .com for around another 5 - 10 years and cash out a $million, or maybe even more. Good luck, all you need is the right end-user.

Considering the fact that there are only 676 LL .COMs, it is so precious and only becoming more-valuable by the day...

Last edited:
•••
Over 100k easily

Mine Less than 500 USD, all are Brandables..Wow! Can u mention Name of that Gem?..:)

•••
Imagine if you have something like 69.com. $$$

•••
Mine is less than 500
Mostly because they were handreg without any research
I have 70 domains of which 20 are worthless and remaining can get me around 500$
Still struggling to sell

•••
What is your portfolio approx. worth right now, if you liquidate your domains and give them away at re-seller prices?

:talk:

though I understand the question

if, you "give them away at reseller prices", then each name in your portfolio ...is only worth registration fee.

why?

because that's what the typical reseller will offer.

:)

but I think my .holdings should be worth a few duckies

•••
The poll will produce an incorrect results. Most domains are price too high or low.

The real value is how much the domain will sell. There is no real matrix of pricing domains. Most brokers are using past sales figures.

To me domains is like bitcoins, unpredictable pricing.
Though domains, you have something to use for website/parking while waiting for the right buyer.

Last edited:
•••
Mine is only worth what someone will pay. I have had one 150$ offer for a name so it is worth 150$. :)

•••
Make me an offer, then we'll have a minimum value :)

•••
These things are worth something????

•••
Had my first $10,000 offer last week so happy to say all my domains maybe around $10,000 - $25,000 ???

I think unless you own LL.com or NN.com / NNN.com that generally have the same range, the sky is the limit depending on how deep the buyer's pockets are......

Stu

•••
Had my first $10,000 offer last week so happy to say all my domains maybe around $10,000 - $25,000 ???
Offer prices do not paint a clear picture of profitability in accounting books. If you purchased it for $9,500, sold it for $10,000, you merely pocketed 500 bucks (minus escrow fees).

My Van Gogh is probably worth 6 million.

•••
Offer prices do not paint a clear picture of profitability in accounting books. If you purchased it for $9,500, sold it for $10,000, you merely pocketed 500 bucks (minus escrow fees).

My Van Gogh is probably worth 6 million.

so your saying my portfolio is not worth 150$.

Damn, there goes my party.

Wasted-Pro-Party-Goer_opt.jpg

•••
•••
My domains probably worth an average of less than $1 each based on me not being able to sell any domains on NP :(

•••
Excellent, congrats.

Thanks....

I am not accepting the $10k offer, but would like to thank FX who did the hard work and brought the end-user to me with the offer......FX is a top genuine guy and one of the best domainers around!

Cheers mate.

Stu

•••
Most of mine are developed.
If undeveloped, i think mine are reg fee multiplied with the numbers of domain. :lala:

•••
It's an interesting question Ruzeen and would be great if everybody could contribute to this thread. I'm hoping to have a record breaking year this year. I have over 300 domains, most of my portfolio got accepted by DomainNameSales.com, and I've nearly $5000 of sales already, with a $2000 offer on the table and another potentially lucrative lead in the pipeline. After 6 or so years registering 'Future Trend Domains' and learning the hard way (I'm still no way near the top, or middle even, of this learning curve) it seems that finally my perseverance, patience and research are starting to pay off, although I'm hoping the new GTLD's won't impact too greatly on my potential profits. My goal is to make $50K by the end of 2014 from domain sales, will let you all know if it happens :)

PS. I still think what this forum is lacking is a detailed thread on 'Domain Name Negotiation' tactics, advice, transcripts and feedback. I've been searching the web on 'how to successfully negotiate a domain sale' and there's less info on this subject than you'd think...

Last edited:
•••
most of my portfolio got accepted by DomainNameSales.com, and I've nearly $5000 of sales already, with a $2000 offer on the table and another potentially lucrative lead in the pipeline

PS. I've been searching the web on 'how to successfully negotiate a domain sale' and there's less info on this subject than you'd think...

IF....you've sold what you claimed, then how much more info do you need, on the subject of negotiating.

first, it's whether you "have" to sell or not.

or if you want to sell or you don't.

if you're willing to sell, then it comes down to:
either you accept the offer or you don't

then if you still want to negotiate, you counter offer and wait.

rinse and repeat, until you reach a deal....or not.

then move on.....

no rocket science involved.

imo....

•••

IF....you've sold what you claimed, then how much more info do you need, on the subject of negotiating.

first, it's whether you "have" to sell or not.

or if you want to sell or you don't.

if you're willing to sell, then it comes down to:
either you accept the offer or you don't

then if you still want to negotiate, you counter offer and wait.

rinse and repeat, until you reach a deal....or not.

then move on.....

no rocket science involved.

imo....

That's a fair comment Biggie. I suppose for alot of domainers, it's often about 'having' to sell unless one is financially established and doesn't have to worry about each years renewals plus new acquisitions. One of my sales was actually brokered by a qualified broker and I would never have been able to achieve the amount he did, as I would have caved in much earlier, due to needing the money. Anyway, I've set up a thread if anybody feels like contributing.

•••
•••
This thread is interesting...would also be interesting to ask people to compare the value vs. the cost of renewals. And to include any parking/website ad revenue in addition to potential resale value. For me I honestly don't know the value of my portfolio but am finally at a point where ad revenue on a few sites is mostly paying for renewal costs for my whole portfolio so I can be a break-even while I hope for sales. As far as what the portfolio is worth, I wish I knew!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back