Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond C

Established Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a lot of money. You could had bought many solid 2 word brandables. The return would had been much greater than all your eggs in this basket.

•••
captain-obvious-south-park.jpg

•••
Can you think of anybody able to turn this into a 'win-win' for everyone involved?

ICANN!!!

•••
It makes sense yes, but trying selling a .pizza name for high x,xxx and with the buyer knowing the renewal fees is virtually impossible.

Remember, dont sell it for 2k in 3 years time, because your profit is gone in renewals already
Yes, the renewal price is a negative point ... this is the bigest problem between new gTLDs. If all where renewing at $8 - $10 (like .COM) we already had a market and there would be more demand (sales):|

•••
You're right about the branding idea but no smart company is going to throw away $500/year on an extension that's going nowhere.

It's too early to predict the fate of such a new extension. $500/year is a loss of one pizza every week so that's not a problem even for a small pizza business.

•••
It's too early to predict the fate of such a new extension. $500/year is a loss of one pizza every week so that's not a problem even for a small pizza business.
It's not a competitive edge. Let's be realistic.

•••
It's not a competitive edge. Let's be realistic.
There is risk involved with new extensions but with risk comes reward !

Apart from .com I can't think of a better extension than .pizza to stage a global presence for a pizza business.

•••
Seems nice short name. Good luck!

•••
@BrandClub.com

Absolutely but we aren't discussing other extensions, we are discussing .pizza at $440 a year

A lot of the other new extensions dont have a crazy renewal like that

•••
Your best bet is to find someone who wants to start a pizza business, preferably someone with enough tech savvy and balls to take on the new extension.

The renewal fees will not bother a pizza startup if they plan to be busy.

Your powers of persuasion will come in handy if you pitch this to an enduser, so sell it like its a masterpiece.

I would ask for no less than $2,500 to startup.
Great point.

•••

Apart from .com I can't think of a better extension than .pizza to stage a global presence for a pizza business.
You spot on...I agree

•••
•••
Hot.Pizza is a global brand...just like CocaCola......
Safe to say there is a slight difference between a random .pizza domain and the world's largest and most profitable beverage distributor.

As brandable as you think hot.pizza is and that pizza companies would pay you 5 figures for it, all it takes is them to read this thread to see that you haven't gotten any offers for it and that you'll end up dropping it by next renewal cycle. They'd rather pay $440 to register it regardless of when it drops. Just because they're a corporation with money doesn't mean they'll just hand it to you.

Dominos, Pizza Hut, papa johns are your best chance to sell this but only if the price is reasonable

•••
Safe to say there is a slight difference between a random .pizza domain and the world's largest and most profitable beverage distributor.

As brandable as you think hot.pizza is and that pizza companies would pay you 5 figures for it, all it takes is them to read this thread to see that you haven't gotten any offers for it and that you'll end up dropping it by next renewal cycle. They'd rather pay $440 to register it regardless of when it drops. Just because they're a corporation with money doesn't mean they'll just hand it to you.

Dominos, Pizza Hut, papa johns are your best chance to sell this but only if the price is reasonable
Big companies have no problems to spend renewal fees if they want this name.

•••
•••
That's a lot of money. You could had bought many solid 2 word brandables. The return would had been much greater than all your eggs in this basket.
About 52 .com domains

•••
Big companies have no problems to spend renewal fees if they want this name.
Yes, but they'll never pay you $50k for a name you'll drop in a year.

•••
The word Hot is super generic.. No issue there.
According to Namebio sale record:

Hot.com - $850000 USD - 2013

Hot.net - $74850 USD - 2012

Hot.tv - $35000 USD - 2007

Hot.mobi - $40000 USD - 2006

Hot.Club - $7500 USD -2014

Hot.co - $10000 USD -2013

Hot.mobi - $40000 USD - 2006

YummPizza.com - $4775 USD - 2015

Pizza.co - $13000 USD -2014

Pizza.es - $47866 USD - 2014

Pizza.net - $150000 USD - 2013

Pizza.com - $2.5M

•••
•••
Hot.pizza = short name & brandable. Company will use this name for forever. This mean, they will make profits for forever. Moreover, they can also franchise for this name. And this is another revenues as hell!!
Can be a new Global franchise company.......

•••
Unfortunately, big companies like that will not invest and brand their Pizzas around a .pizza domain, that is why they use .COM. Do you honestly think they would move from PizzaHut.com and Dominos.com to an unknown extension when they have both spent millions branding their business around these domains. It just wont happen...

@Raymond C ......you really need to ignore @ZapNano ..have a look at the other threads he/she is trolling on, he/she is just here to wind other posters up and says every name is worth x,xxx or xxx,xxx...even hand-regged names that are worth $0
Interesting.

•••
Interesting point....work out $9.60 pizza a week loss

•••
If non buys, Walkin to local pizza shop, talk to shop owner and give this domain free. And ask him can you give me year of free pizza?

The name is really cool and make sense.
I like your idea....in exchange of 1 year free pizza :)

•••
$440 renewals won't be so bad.... compared to other new extensions from Uniregistry:
Hot.Car buy now $2888, renewal $2888/year.
Hot.Rocks buy now $55000, renewal $55000/year

•••

You are right. If I run a pizza business, I prefer using Hot.Pizza than HotPizza.com or HotPizza.co.uk. It's shorter and have a global presence without having other extensions such as .de .eu .in .com.au etc......

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back