Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond C

Established Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try contacting Dominos..they have these new cars that keep the pizza hot to your door. I saw one just the other day and it was neat! It's a hard sale beyond a marketing campaign as most companies want you to remember thier brand ..not what they deliver. ;)
635845671553620305-ray-and-dxp.jpg

•••
Try contacting Dominos..they have these new cars that keep the pizza hot to your door. I saw one just the other day and it was neat! It's a hard sale beyond a marketing campaign as most companies want you to remember thier brand ..not what they deliver. ;)Show attachment 27931

Nice!

And if you have time, spend an hour or two to research the 50 (or so) largest pizza companies in the world and send all of them an e-mail as well. They already have their brands to protect, but one / some of them might think the name can be useful for campaigns etc.

Many large companies are buying domains on regular basis, for future use.

•••
I won't mince words. Basically holding any name with a $440+ annual renewal cost is a dumb idea. Don't listen to any advice that is contrary.

I made a similar dumb noob mistake registering great keyword .cc domains years ago at $100 a pop and lost a few thousand which eventually led to a bankruptcy. Don't make the same mistake.

•••
That's a lot of money. You could had bought many solid 2 word brandables. The return would had been much greater than all your eggs in this basket.

•••
Speculating in expensive new TLDs is the worst thing you can do. You are gambling a lot of money while the odds of a sale are extremely remote. It's almost lottery. With $400 you could buy a few good .com at namejet and if they don't sell within the first year, at least the renewal fees won't crush you.

End users won't understand why these extensions are so expensive when .com can be registered for $10, possibly less. New extensions are struggling for a reason, there are only disadvantages here.

•••
I remember now why i don't get involved in appraisals.

•••
Great name but high renewals, just as you just pointed out.

Hmm, not easy. I really would have tried to sell it to potential end-users and if unsuccessful, really have considered to drop it. Another option is a Flippa auction.

If you get something like $2000 for it, it was probably worth it!

•••
I dont think you will be able to flip it, thats the problem, I mean there have only been 4 reported sales on namebio

I see cold.pizza sold for $1275 and pizzas.pizza for $105 (about a quarter of the renewal cost)

that gives you an idea on the market,

cold.pizza 1,275 USD
naked.pizza 1,999 USD
pizzas.pizza 105 USD

Companies just wont be interested in this one Im afraid

Good luck in whatever you decide

•••
The word Hot is super generic.. No issue there.

•••
It's been said dominos is a marketing company first and a food service company second. You need to reach the right person within the company. Use google and email hunter to put the the pieces together. If your price is reasonable you may have a good chance of a sale.

•••
Suggest your price plz?
I would price a couple hundred over reg fee. If you have intrest you need to strike when the iron is hot. Just my two cents. Good luck!

•••
I do agree...too cheap.

IMO its not cheap for a domain name with $440/yr renewal. I would sell it even if they ask for $800. If the name had normal renewal + popularity of the extension, sure its worth more than $2K.

•••
Need a big company like Pizza Hut to buy it.

Try contacting Dominos..

Unfortunately, big companies like that will not invest and brand their Pizzas around a .pizza domain, that is why they use .COM. Do you honestly think they would move from PizzaHut.com and Dominos.com to an unknown extension when they have both spent millions branding their business around these domains. It just wont happen...

@Raymond C ......you really need to ignore @ZapNano ..have a look at the other threads he/she is trolling on, he/she is just here to wind other posters up and says every name is worth x,xxx or xxx,xxx...even hand-regged names that are worth $0

•••
Your best bet is to find someone who wants to start a pizza business, preferably someone with enough tech savvy and balls to take on the new extension.

The renewal fees will not bother a pizza startup if they plan to be busy.

Your powers of persuasion will come in handy if you pitch this to an enduser, so sell it like its a masterpiece.

I would ask for no less than $2,500 to startup.

•••
Just because you can shouldn't mean you should.
Because then you'll should all over yourself.

Raymond, I hope you find a buyer, I really do, but before expiration day.

•••
Can you think of anybody able to turn this into a 'win-win' for everyone involved?

ICANN!!!

•••
Big companies have no problems to spend renewal fees if they want this name.
Yes, but they'll never pay you $50k for a name you'll drop in a year.

•••
Just wondering whether I should keep it as there is no one bid on it. Or drop the buy it now price further to sell.

https://namestat.org/pizza >> There are only 3750 names registered till date. With high renewals, I would drop it. If your budget allows maybe you can try for one more year.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Great name but high renewals, just as you just pointed out.

Hmm, not easy. I really would have tried to sell it to potential end-users and if unsuccessful, really have considered to drop it. Another option is a Flippa auction!

If you get something like $2000 for it, it was probably worth it!
True. Around $2000 will be ok to sell.

•••
You would have to flip it for a lot to make it worth while...thats a crazy renewal price!!!

I cant see it being worth it considering the .PIZZA market

•••
I dont think you will be able to flip it, thats the problem, I mean there have only been 4 reported sales on namebio

I see cold.pizza sold for $1275 and pizzas.pizza for $105 (about a quarter of the renewal cost)

that gives you an idea on the market,

cold.pizza 1,275 USD
naked.pizza 1,999 USD
pizzas.pizza 105 USD

Companies just wont be interested in this one Im afraid

Good luck in whatever you decide
I see your reason. No wonder no one bid at Flippa auction.......
Need a big company like Pizza Hut to buy it.

•••
Try contacting Dominos..they have these new cars that keep the pizza hot to your door. I saw one just the other day and it was neat! It's a hard sale beyond a marketing campaign as most companies want you to remember thier brand ..not what they deliver. ;)Show attachment 27931
Thanks for your great advice. I will try to contact them :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back