Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond C

Established Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's okay, to dream big... as long as they aren't small dream :)

•••
•••
I do agree...too cheap.

IMO its not cheap for a domain name with $440/yr renewal. I would sell it even if they ask for $800. If the name had normal renewal + popularity of the extension, sure its worth more than $2K.

•••
•••
IMO its not cheap for a domain name with $440/yr renewal. I would sell it even if they ask for $800. If the name had normal renewal + popularity of the extension, sure its worth more than $2K.
Yeah.....depends on luck and timing sometimes.....

•••
Sedo said $2k. So you sell it for $600. Spend time marketing and contact pizza co. They can easily add that name to their current one..

•••
Sedo said $2k. So you sell it for $600. Spend time marketing and contact pizza co. They can easily add that name to their current one..
There is co name called Hot Rock Pizza from Perth Australia.

•••
$440/12= $37 each month.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Yes...Hot money...Hot Pizza
This domain is more than reg fee. This name is reversible; who ever will buy this name will get 2 names for the price of one. Read it.

•••
Need a big company like Pizza Hut to buy it.

Try contacting Dominos..

Unfortunately, big companies like that will not invest and brand their Pizzas around a .pizza domain, that is why they use .COM. Do you honestly think they would move from PizzaHut.com and Dominos.com to an unknown extension when they have both spent millions branding their business around these domains. It just wont happen...

@Raymond C ......you really need to ignore @ZapNano ..have a look at the other threads he/she is trolling on, he/she is just here to wind other posters up and says every name is worth x,xxx or xxx,xxx...even hand-regged names that are worth $0

•••
Unfortunately, big companies like that will not invest and brand their Pizzas around a .pizza domain, that is why they use .COM. Do you honestly think they would move from PizzaHut.com and Dominos.com to an unknown extension when they have both spent millions branding their business around these domains. It just wont happen...

@Raymond C ......you really need to ignore @ZapNano ..have a look at the other threads he/she is trolling on, he/she is just here to wind you up and says every name is worth x,xxx or xxx,xxx...
I agree. I was giving him a window of a chance albeit a small chance for perhaps a defense purchace and even then it's a small chance. You can't argue with people unwilling to listen.

•••
Yes...Hot money...Hot Pizza

If non buys, Walkin to local pizza shop, talk to shop owner and give this domain free. And ask him can you give me year of free pizza?

The name is really cool and make sense.

•••
Hot pizza isn't equated with good pizza. Take any offer and don't renew it.

Is someone going to brand with "hot soup"? Oh hell no!

•••

no-soup-for-you-quote-1.jpg

•••
Your best bet is to find someone who wants to start a pizza business, preferably someone with enough tech savvy and balls to take on the new extension.

The renewal fees will not bother a pizza startup if they plan to be busy.

Your powers of persuasion will come in handy if you pitch this to an enduser, so sell it like its a masterpiece.

I would ask for no less than $2,500 to startup.

•••
I dont think you will be able to flip it, thats the problem, I mean there have only been 4 reported sales on namebio

I see cold.pizza sold for $1275 and pizzas.pizza for $105 (about a quarter of the renewal cost)

that gives you an idea on the market,

cold.pizza 1,275 USD
naked.pizza 1,999 USD
pizzas.pizza 105 USD

Companies just wont be interested in this one Im afraid

Good luck in whatever you decide
Hot.pizza is a great name, much better than the ones reported sold ...
The renewal ($400 - $500) is a negative point. If your budget allows, maybe you can hold it for a while (2 - 3 years more) :)

•••
I won't mince words. Basically holding any name with a $440+ annual renewal cost is a dumb idea. Don't listen to any advice that is contrary.

I made a similar dumb noob mistake registering great keyword .cc domains years ago at $100 a pop and lost a few thousand which eventually led to a bankruptcy. Don't make the same mistake.

•••
Hot.pizza is a great name, much better than the ones reported sold ...
The renewal ($400 - $500) is a negative point. If your budget allows, maybe you can hold it for a while (2 - 3 years more) :)

It makes sense yes, but trying selling a .pizza name for high x,xxx and with the buyer knowing the renewal fees is virtually impossible.

Remember, dont sell it for 2k in 3 years time, because your profit is gone in renewals already

•••
Just because you can shouldn't mean you should.

•••

I completely disagree, hot.pizza can be branded successfully and it does not have to be a food business.

•••
I completely disagree, hot.pizza can be branded successfully and it does not have to be a food business.
You're right about the branding idea but no smart company is going to throw away $500/year on an extension that's going nowhere.

•••
Just because you can shouldn't mean you should.
Because then you'll should all over yourself.

Raymond, I hope you find a buyer, I really do, but before expiration day.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back