Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond C

Established Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Speculating in expensive new TLDs is the worst thing you can do. You are gambling a lot of money while the odds of a sale are extremely remote. It's almost lottery. With $400 you could buy a few good .com at namejet and if they don't sell within the first year, at least the renewal fees won't crush you.

End users won't understand why these extensions are so expensive when .com can be registered for $10, possibly less. New extensions are struggling for a reason, there are only disadvantages here.

•••
Speculating in expensive new TLDs is the worst thing you can do. You are gambling a lot of money while the odds of a sale are extremely remote. It's almost lottery. With $400 you could buy a few good .com at namejet and if they don't sell within the first year, at least the renewal fees won't crush you.

End users won't understand why these extensions are so expensive when .com can be registered for $10, possibly less. New extensions are struggling for a reason, there are only disadvantages here.
Lesson learned myself.

•••
You are right. If I run a pizza business, I prefer using Hot.Pizza than HotPizza.com or HotPizza.co.uk

If you honestly believe this, you are in the wrong business, you will find no end-users will agree with you on this

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back