Dynadot

offers What is the highest offer you've rejected?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

atinc

EntrepreneurTop Member
Impact
I thought it would be interesting to see offers that nP users turn downed in their domaining journey.

Let's share the amount of offer, and the domain name.

Let us know if you regret your decision?

For example:

This year I received a $2500 offer for Beverage.Catering by an enduser from U.K, but I've turned it down and I don't regret it. :happy:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Bought a .biz for 5 usd. Offered 5K, sold for almost 50K to someone else. Not reported.

Got a cctld in landrush, was offered 5k and later 10k, althought I didn't respond, and also about 10k from someone else. Still keeping, not regretting, want at least 10x more, and can easily sell for 1M if one of the potential buyers becomes motivated enough. There is a tm risk, so I have to be careful.

Sold a 3 letter meaningful, but not a top quality .info for 3K, and realized later by looking at other sales, that I could have sold it for 30K to the same person.

Was offered and accepted 1500 at Sedo. but buyer didn't pay, and domain dropped after many years.
Can't share any of those names? An unreported 50k .biz sale, I'd love to know

•••
c/l/o/u/d

price was in 45K-50K range. .

I don't mention time gaps in the message. So probably there is no quick money. It was luck.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
$12,000

For tech .io

Later sold for $15,105

•••
Bought a .biz for 5 usd. Offered 5K, sold for almost 50K to someone else. Not reported.
Where and when you bought that cloud for 5 usd???

As I see, it is owned by Germans and doesn't work at all.
~$50K just to have it???

•••
Usually I don't reject $5K or higher offers...
But I already had a few cases when such bids were not paid and those bidders just disappeared.
And these "buyers" were even from G7 countries like Japan and the USA.

Last edited:
•••
And never had any "blah blah blah" from German buyers...
All transactions were finished successfully, 100% result.

•••
c/l/o/u/d

price was in 45K-50K range. .

I don't mention time gaps in the message. So probably there is no quick money. It was luck.
Why not report this sale? When did it happen? That's an incredible sale price and at $5 that's an insane acqusition

•••
I rejected an US$2,500 offer for a Chinese Pinyin domain FaDa88/com from a Chinese buyer.

I think it should be worth higher price as it has a meaning of wealth in Chinese and pronounces interestingly as "FaDaBaBa".

•••
2014. I don't remember, Sedo was supposed to report it, but didn't , maybe it was private. Also price at Sedo was less than the actual sale price , because part of it was paid indirectly. There was another 5 figure sale, a city name, .biz that year. Those prices were not high, and actually lower than expected at that time. But for some reason .biz became less popular since then,I suspect because of Sedo hiding them when searched. .biz is disliked because it directly competes with .com in meaning. And maybe this is good, if there is no one top extension, and people think there are alternatives, than no .com would sell for millions, and our average domains wouldn't sell for 3-4 figures.

•••
I rejected an US$2,500 offer for a Chinese Pinyin domain FaDa88/com from a Chinese buyer.

I think it should be worth higher price as it has a meaning of wealth in Chinese and pronounces interestingly as "FaDaBaBa".
I remember that, surprised you rejected it. I don't think it will sell for higher but good luck.

•••
Rejected £50 For w/e/s/t/e/r/n/s/ .co.uk

•••
1k for ARcreator in King .
Sold it eventually for 6k

•••
500 for a domain, later sold for 700
5,000 for a website, later sold for 8,000

•••
nothing spectacular to report here.. but stuff like

.com

vrsinger.....1k
cyberglasses.......3k

•••
I thought it would be interesting to see offers that nP users turn downed in their domaining journey.

Let's share the amount of offer, and the domain name.

Let us know if you regret your decision?

For example:

This year I received a $2500 offer for Beverage.Catering by an enduser from U.K, but I've turned it down and I don't regret it. :happy:
well i own BeverageCatering.co.uk so that should be a better fit for your end user ,sell the domain ill give you up to half depending ofn sale price

Last edited:
•••
$68,000.00 rejected a few years ago (2014) for one of my brands = domain (ScorpionAgency.com) + website + client lists + content + trademarks, + copyrights + archive of client design files + lead generator sites that fed it (x8 sites at the time) + a few other odds and ends that go with a business.

I don't regret it, even when life slams me down and forces me to struggle to get back in the swing. I guess it's like a security blanket or your favorite toy. You just can't part with it no matter what someone offers.

I didn't even bother to negotiate or rebuttal. Just a simple, Sorry, not for sale reply. ;)

•••
well i own BeverageCatering.co.uk so that should be a better fit for your end user ,sell the domain ill give you up to half depending ofn sale price

Hey, I am sending his name and e-mail information so you can contact him directly.

His budget was $2500 when he contacted me, let's make an offer to him.

Last edited:
•••
Got a $300 offer on Bodis for Vapor/7 dot king. Buyer’s email was [email protected]

Countered with 2k

Buyer countered back with $400 saying they bought a name on Sedo but the seller is not going through with the sale, my name is their fallback option and $400 is the max they can do.

I countered with $500 as it is not worth the effort for me to sell below that. I’ve not sold any name below $500 in my domaining career.

Buyer didn’t respond. The Sedo seller probably came through.

After some slow months, I reached out to them if they are still interested at $400. No response.

I moved on.

•••
Months ago I read an artical that chinese companies trying to take over and contorl this type of manufacturing they have acquired many firms in this field
so I searched this term in its new gtld (singular,plural) both were available in Uniregistry
I searched them twice in third time they were hold by Uniregistry
I believe you got gem

•••
rejected $1k for Extreme/Storage .com

•••
Countered a $2k offer on Civilane in king.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back