Dynadot

Agreed, Paid, Payment Rejected, Now What?

NameSilo
Watch

alico

Established Member
Impact
Hi name pros,

I negotiated for a domain name with the owner, agreed on the price, both of us agreed to use PayPal and I made the payment ($2500), but money is not claimed and then rejected with a reason: "this is scam" ?!?!?

I really don't get it what is wrong, I asked why he rejected but couldn't get any answer... My payment was solid and I used my verified PayPal account. After rejection of payment I couldn't reach the owner again, never.

It's been 2 months now and he doesn't return my emails, whatsapp messages, sms...

We had an agreement and he didn't honor it. I have whatsapp messages that show we have agreed on the price and the method of payment. I paid it but he rejected it with an absurd reason.

So, what I'm asking is, can I sue this guy? and how I can proceed?

P.S: I'm from Turkey, he is from U.K.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Money was returned - you don't really have a case here and it would cost you more time and energy. He got cold feet or someone told him it was worth a lot more. Maybe someone hijacked his email.

It happens. Best to just move on.

•••
The seller is somehow spooked or ticked off. Hard to tell.
Ask the seller to use escrow.com. Maybe that route would be acceptable to him.
Good luck :)

•••
Sounds like he got Sellers remorse and he backed out

•••
could be case of seller changng mind cause he thinks its worth more but there is always that chance he genuinely got scared of using paypal for payment. it's quite the sum after all.

like someone said, try to offer escrow as last resort.

if all fails and no more news, and u want some peace of mind.. come post the name here one day and maybe someone can tell you if you really missed on super deal or if that's why he backed out of it.

or else maybe someone will tell you it's crap name not worth it.. in which case you'll be even happier it failed haha.
jk

•••
could be case of seller changng mind cause he thinks its worth more but there is always that chance he genuinely got scared of using paypal for payment. it's quite the sum after all.

like someone said, try to offer escrow as last resort.

if all fails and no more news, and u want some peace of mind.. come post the name here one day and maybe someone can tell you if you really missed on super deal or if that's why he backed out of it.

or else maybe someone will tell you it's crap name not worth it.. in which case you'll be even happier it failed haha.
jk
Normally international transaction thru paypal are pretty risky. The best avenue is escrow.com which is quick and safe for both parties :)

Last edited:
•••
MOVe OWn YOu Still Got YOUr MONEy!

•••
I second the comment above.. you got your money back.. instead of suing him? which is going to cost you lot of time and money.. Spend that extra money you'll waste on the lawyer for another good/better name and put your energy to make the most of it.. These things happen in the business world.. Sellers/Buyers remorse or whatever..

Just move on..

•••
ok, thank you guys, but the domain was not for reselling, it was for my personal use and I want that domain so much :)

So, if a law suite will help me I'll do it or do you recommend a good broker service that is reliable and efficient? May be someone else buy it for me :)

•••
Having your money back then there is no need to do anything. In the future, always try to use Escrow instead pf paypal, provided you dont know who you are dealing with

•••
The seller is somehow spooked or ticked off. Hard to tell.
Ask the seller to use escrow.com. Maybe that route would be acceptable to him.
Good luck :)

Normally international transaction thru paypal are pretty risky. The best avenue is escrow.com which is quick and safe for both parties :)

Having your money back then there is no need to do anything. In the future, always try to use Escrow instead pf paypal, provided you dont know who you are dealing with

I already offered him to use escrow but he didn't even reply...

•••
I already offered him to use escrow but he didn't even reply...
If that is the case then It can be one of two things

He thinks the price is low or
You were negotiating with the wrong owner.... A hacker/scammer who wanted to pull it off.

•••
If that is the case then It can be one of two things

He thinks the price is low or
You were negotiating with the wrong owner.... A hacker/scammer who wanted to pull it off.

1st option is more probable since I contacted him on whois email and phone...
Damn, I want that domain :)

I'll approach him with a different name and email :)

•••
1st option is more probable since I contacted him on whois email and phone...
Damn, I want that domain :)

I'll approach him with a different name and email :)
What if he is reading this thread? One thing is for sure, evsn with new email and name, it will not go for the price you agreed.

•••
What if he is reading this thread? One thing is for sure, evsn with new email and name, it will not go for the price you agreed.

I don't think he is a domain investor or broker but it is not important... I just want him to contact me in someway, I can negotiate a new price...

•••
This is it, when you have the right domain that end-users really want, they will do everything to reach you, and pay you everything to get it. :$:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back