Dynadot

domain What is for you the the value of Hotels.Best/Hotel.best ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cyril.Best

Established Member
.Best Staff
Impact
Hi,

I am interested to know what is for you the the value of Hotels.Best/Hotel.Best ?

Hotels.com was sold about $11M in 2001 and we just received a proposal of $1M for Hotels.Best + Hotel.Best.

"Best Hotel" is a +40M searches / month.

besthotel.jpg

Thanks

CF

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Better comparisons are recent non-dot-com hotel(s) reported sales such as hotel.top $4.7k 31-Oct-2017 and hotels.pro $4k 13-Feb-2109. Good luck!

•••
$1M Ohh. That's awsum. .best deservs it. I believe every human being on earth speaks this word "BEST" once in everydayy.

bdw who's the buyer? Deal is done?

•••
Not sure why you doing this. Should be finalizing the deal instead.

Big mistake on the part of the " buyer " , but good for you you in terms of making it happen.

•••

Big mistake on the part of the " buyer " , but good for you you in terms of making it happen.

Deal is finalized, we have already a formal offer from the buyer.

We are just in a process to check the real value on the market coz gap is big between "hotels.com" sold for $11M and "hotels.best" that is actually worth $1M.

•••

I really don't think big mistake from buyer part. Big organisation have big plans of course. $1M Offering person definitely not will be from local organisation. Its worth spending if there is strong plan ahead.

•••
Comparison with hotel.top or hotels.pro is not really appropriate coz no one is looking for the "top hotel" or the "pro hotel" in google.

If you compare the part of organic traffic/clicks you can get from hotels.best on "best hotels" and you will understand why even at $1M it's a fair deal for the buyer.

$1M can seem a lot from the outside but ARPU in the luxury hotel industry is up to $1K so it's just 1K customers.

And when you know the user acquisition price in the luxury hotel industry, it's a fair deal. Even at $1M

Last edited:
•••
Deal is finalized, we have already a formal offer from the buyer.

We are just in a process to check the real value on the market coz gap is big between "hotels.com" sold for $11M and "hotels.best" that is actually worth $1M.

Oh, so you are here in hopes of getting an appraisal beyond the $11 M that was paid for hotels.com?

Thats what I undnerstood, & I don't think you'll get such appraisals.

Keep in mind, BestHotel dot com may also be available for purchase, through a broker or something like that.

Even it isn't worth $1M, but its a far better domain name than the one we are discussing. Sorry.

So if I were the buyer, i'd definitely go for BestHotel dot com & if I were you, i'd close this thread & go get paid.

Good luck anyway

•••
Oh, so you are here in hopes of getting an appraisal beyond the $11 M that was paid for hotels.com?

Keep in mind, BestHotel dot com may also be available for purchase, through a broker or something like that.

Even it isn't worth $1M, but its a far better domain name than the one we are discussing. Sorry.

So if I were the buyer, i'd definitely go for BestHotel dot com & if I were you, i'd close this thread & go get paid.

Good luck anyway

Thanks for the advice, but claiming that besthotels.com is better than hotels.best is a subjective point of view.

What is not subjective (coz it is based on a study) is that for the same keyword (the report was done in different type of industry), you will have a better CTR (30% in average) using xxxxxxx.best instead of bestxxxxxxx.com

So buying/using hotels.best instead of besthotels.com can bring you a better performance.

It's not from me - it's data ! and data at scale and it was based on thousands of clicks.

So here it is : when you are buying a domain for $1M - trust me the most important is the real value that will bring you the name.

Only thinking on the dotcom side is great if you want to protect your trademark but not anymore when it's related to your product or your service.

Of course, not all extension/tld brings value to a keyword. It's all depending of the market, ... but for what is related to the best, it is now the first search of the user - specially in the travel industry right now where reviews are more important than the price since 2 years already.

This is why .best have a different value from the others ngtlds coz they are related to a real usage and real searches from the users.

Last edited:
•••

Good luck anyway
You're not wrong from your way but you are actually on wrong track. Domain valuation depends upon the data not the imaginary. You just can't value something which you like the most because that actually not the truth for market. There are thousands of domains sold for 6-7 figures in market which was valued very less before it sold. From my research i have seen wedding.best got offer of 25K-38K or many (You can confirm with uniregistry marketplace) instead of "best.wedding" is available to purchase with very less value compare to that but the buyer has some different prospective for every different name. You just cant be sure in domain market. Its all depends on data.

•••
You're not wrong from your way but you are actually on wrong track. Domain valuation depends upon the data not the imaginary. You just can't value something which you like the most because that actually not the truth for market. There are thousands of domains sold for 6-7 figures in market which was valued very less before it sold. From my research i have seen wedding.best got offer of 25K-38K or many (You can confirm with uniregistry marketplace) instead of "best.wedding" is available to purchase with very less value compare to that but the buyer has some different prospective for every different name. You just cant be sure in domain market. Its all depends on data.

Thank you for getting me back on the right track.

•••
Comparison with hotel.top or hotels.pro is not really appropriate coz no one is looking for the "top hotel" or the "pro hotel" in google.

If you compare the part of organic traffic/clicks you can get from hotels.best on "best hotels" and you will understand why even at $1M it's a fair deal for the buyer.

$1M can seem a lot from the outside but ARPU in the luxury hotel industry is up to $1K so it's just 1K customers.

And when you know the user acquisition price in the luxury hotel industry, it's a fair deal. Even at $1M

I would say not many people are looking for "hotels best" either.
Grammatically this TLD feels like it is backwards.

Best of luck with the sale.

Brad

•••
What is not subjective (coz it is based on a study from globerunner) is that for the same keyword (the report was done in different type of industry), you will have a better CTR (30% in average) using xxxxxxx.best instead of bestxxxxxxx.com

No, that is also subjective. You have made a broad conclusion based on one "case study".

I am aware of the "case study" you are referring to.

First of all that is a sponsored "case study", which is not a true study. It is more like marketing since it was paid for by the registry itself.

Second of all it has been thoroughly debated in the past for its poor methodology and small sample size.

If you are going to make a claim like that, you are going to need to back it up with far more data than just some random sponsored "case study".

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I would say not many people are looking for "hotels best" either.
Grammatically this TLD feels like it is backwards.

Best of luck with the sale.

Brad

Hi Brad, It's funny to see the same debate 6 years after the launched of the ngtld program.

There is so lack of SEO return of experience in this field - it's amazing.

Everybody claims subjective things without having even testing them at scale.

As for your information, before the .best acquisition, we did test at scale during 2 years on 50K domains (50% were ngtlds - we tested almost all ngtlds in different industry : travel, insurance, ...) and the result was : it's working my friend - of course not on all ngtld - but it's working on the .best

And guess what, this is the primary reason why we decide to make the .best acquisition and not another string.

Coz on the .Best and when its related to Best searches : it's working - I mean you can rank better and faster - and even on the long organic tail.

Plus, FYI, "hotels.best" is as good as "best.hotels" (when will exist) in terms of SEO.

But more important "hotels.best" will have a better performance in terms of CTR than "besthotels.com".

That was our primary concern when we conduct our test.

If you still/don't believe me : create a short google ads campaign and send the same amount of clicks on both sites and you will see it from your eyes. Even on a short/small sample size it's working - the performance is better with a .best on the best searches.

And when considering domains for SEO/SEA, the #1 criteria you should consider right now is CTR.

It is now affecting both your SEO and SEA strategy from a google point of view.

Therefore, the study that we conduct was not a sponsor study so I don't even know how you can pretend it has been thoroughly debated in the past for its poor methodology and small sample size coz only our propects have an access to it in our proposal for them ???

And the internal study that we conduct did not only show us a better CTR on the .best, but also a lower bounce rate, a higher DWELL time, and a higher pages per visit ratio in terms of user experience.

But even more important than our study that you can still contest the reality for subjective reasons, it's how rank .Best Backwards domains in google :

This is the reality :
- wear.best : https://www.google.com/search?q=best+wear (on google 1st page)
- madeira.best : https://www.google.com/search?q=best+madeira (#1 in google in your are based in Europe)

Of course, this examples could always be amended because SEO or SEA is not just domains and there is so many other important on-site or off-site metrics (ssl, content quality, netlinking, ...) that have a key role but at a time where google is measuring the user experience as the #1 metric for its ranking, CTR, Bounce rate and DWELL time are now the keys in choosing the right domains.

Simply because when more people are clicking on your .Best website, and spend more time on your site, then the engagement rate is higher for google and your Google Quality Score improves naturally time after time.

Sorry to make it so technical - it was not my first intention but I think everybody needs to have all arguments. My concern is not to convince people of buying .Best domains - that is the job of our registrars. My concern is to convince people of using .Best domains - Not just for trading.

Hope it helps.

All the .Best,

CF

Last edited:
•••
Take the 1 million and stop trying to pump your extension.
Its not worth $50 imo

•••
Thanks for releasing more premium crap
Why reserve them in first place ? Greed?
Finger people would have FOMO

YOur gonna be put to the test here, and everything gets analysed. You gonna end up like .boston .fun giggle glggle
.xyz was a real winner ya

I predict failure for the.best of the.best

•••
Well my truthful answer is I don't know :xf.cool:! (as never handled any super premium names)

I think the offer that you have in hand is a very good one. Yes, hotels in (com) valued significantly more, but I think that is a bit different as it could be (and is) used for a direct booking service, while the .best one is probably better suited to a review site, perhaps.

I think a lot of the value would depend on whether the .best social media platform becomes as big as you hope/plan, or well anywhere near it. If it does achieve that, then this name would easily be worth the offer price in my opinion.

I do agree with those that point out that the aesthetics are a little awkward (reversed from how would be said if we had a .hotels extension). If you look at the other $300k + sales they all have the wording in the preferred way.

Nonetheless hotels are a huge business and domains should also go for large figures.

As you well know, a $1 million sale would be by a factor of 2 higher than any other new gTLD sale to date and a huge accomplishment for .best.

The very best wishes for both this name and .best in general.

All the best :xf.smile:

Bob

•••
Hotels.best is a great domain, its for sure have huge upside potential. Thanks and best wishes @Cyril.Best. I m a big lover of new domain extensions. I like .BEST domain extension because of the value it creates out of the box. In-fact I m planning to launch my new product with .BEST domain name (Training.Best).

•••
As you well know, a $1 million sale would be by a factor of 2 higher than any other new gTLD sale to date and a huge accomplishment for .best.

Cyril the Salesman said it, so by golly it MUST be true!

Not like he has anything to gain by hordes of desperate domainers accepting his unsubstantiated (and frankly unbelieveable) CLAIMS as "fact"...............

Sad that this shit is allowed on NP!

Snake-oil_salesman_Professor_Thaddeus_Schmidlap_at_Enchanted_Springs_Ranch%2C_Boerne%2C_Texas%2C_USA_28650a.jpg

•••
Cyril the Salesman said it, so by golly it MUST be true!

Not like he has anything to gain by hordes of desperate domainers accepting his unsubstantiated (and frankly unbelieveable) CLAIMS as "fact"...............

Sad that this sh*t is allowed on NP!

Snake-oil_salesman_Professor_Thaddeus_Schmidlap_at_Enchanted_Springs_Ranch%2C_Boerne%2C_Texas%2C_USA_28650a.jpg

Sad to see your comment.

•••
Hi,

I am interested to know what is for you the the value of Hotels.Best/Hotel.Best ?

Hotels.com was sold about $11M in 2001 and we just received a proposal of $1M for Hotels.Best + Hotel.Best.

"Best Hotel" is a +40M searches / month.

besthotel.jpg

Thanks

CF
This is the Best News for .Best.
Congratulation @Cyril.Best

•••
If the $1M deal is finalized or somewhat finalized, then why are you posting the domain to the appraisal section of NP?

This thread smells like a publicity stunt for the .best TLD more than a genuine request for an appraisal, IMHO.

•••
If the $1M deal is finalized or somewhat finalized, then why are you posting the domain to the appraisal section of NP?

This thread smells like a publicity stunt for the .best TLD more than a genuine request for an appraisal, IMHO.
I think you should read the thread from start again. Cyril clearly mentioned "We are just in a process to check the real value on the market coz gap is big between".

And .best is not the competitor of any tld it acts like complimentary with .com .. please research then comment.

•••

Cyril the Salesman is on NP for one reason: to PUMP his junk extension by spreading complete bullshit!

In another thread, this SALESMAN is falsly telling newbies that "Each single .Best domain should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket for an investment of $1.99"

Let me give you few ideas of what I would register (if I was on the domainer side) before the others :

Get the list of all 300 US big cities : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
+ top 100 world big cities in population (London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Dublin, Berlin, Mexico, Rio, ...)

And then, I would register :

1. cities+hotel.best (ex : vegashotel.best, miamihotel.best, nychotel.best, ...)
2. cities+restaurant.best
3. cities+realestate.best
4. cities+lawyer.best

Each single .Best domain should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket for an investment of $1.99 at dynadot actually : https://www.dynadot.com/domain/best.html

It's VERY unfortunate that NamePros is allowing this here!

Apparently ANYTHING GOES now..........?

Last edited:
•••
Cyril the Salesman is on NP for one reason: to PUMP his junk extension by spreading complete bullsh*t!

In another thread, this SALESMAN is falsly telling newbies that "Each single .Best domain should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket for an investment of $1.99"

It's VERY unfortunate that NamePros is allowing this here!

Apparently ANYTHING GOES now..........?
Your each and every comments is not sensible. Please create some productive content. Zero ;) i am actually shocked why namepros is allowing this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back