Dynadot

domain What is for you the the value of Hotels.Best/Hotel.best ?

NameSilo
Watch

Cyril.Best

Established Member
.Best Staff
Impact
Hi,

I am interested to know what is for you the the value of Hotels.Best/Hotel.Best ?

Hotels.com was sold about $11M in 2001 and we just received a proposal of $1M for Hotels.Best + Hotel.Best.

"Best Hotel" is a +40M searches / month.

besthotel.jpg

Thanks

CF

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think its allowed on namepros to pump your extension like this.

in the end it just makes you and the extension look real bad. you must think this forum is filled with stupid.

@Eric Lyon

•••
Wawawa - cool down everybody - and sorry to join so late the party.

1st - nobody here in NP is working for me or for the .best and nobody here has anything to wins on the .best except myself so please cool down.

2nd, if you want me to delete some stuff, just ask and I will if it hurts your feelings.

3rd, you should know one thing that it's OK if you want to insult me but please be courageous and give your real name and identity that is much fair for the rest of the game.

•••
•••
@Cyril.Best

Please explain this extremely irresponsible and inaccurate post that you made:

Let me give you few ideas of what I would register (if I was on the domainer side) before the others :

Get the list of all 300 US big cities : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
+ top 100 world big cities in population (London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Dublin, Berlin, Mexico, Rio, ...)

And then, I would register :

1. cities+hotel.best (ex : vegashotel.best, miamihotel.best, nychotel.best, ...)
2. cities+restaurant.best
3. cities+realestate.best
4. cities+lawyer.best

Each single .Best domain should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket for an investment of $1.99 at dynadot actually : https://www.dynadot.com/domain/best.html

You are directly telling my fellow NPers that they should go and register many many of your .BEST domains because these domains "should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket".

Please justify that last statement. Where do you get this "minimum value of $500" crap from?

•••
@Eric Lyon

plz clean up and or move this thread and ensure that namepros remains a source of accurate and valuable info for all. ty.

Last edited:
•••
@000 - I will in detail don't worry but please as you don't know anything about me, and the .Best and THE.Best social network and you continue insult me in your post, please first give your real identity as I have a real sense of humour - a French one - I would say - like you don't know anything about the .best, you also don't know that 1% of the .best share belongs to a lawyer company that aren't really French and have not the same sense of humour that I have, specially when you can say that the .Best is a crap extension.

So go ahead, please tell us who you are and I will personnally give you all detailed explanations about how and why THE.Best social network is the biggest innovation at scale since the ngtld program and how it will affect each .Best domain name value on the aftermarket.

•••
You are directly telling my fellow NPers that they should go and register many many of your .BEST domains because these domains "should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket".

Please justify that last statement. Where do you get this "minimum value of $500" crap from?

I have a problem with the same comment. $500 is just some arbitrary number pulled from some random place. That is nothing more than a sales pitch.

If you want to make comments like that they really need to be in the advertising or promotion sections.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Oh, so you are here in hopes of getting an appraisal beyond the $11 M that was paid for hotels.com?

Thats what I undnerstood, & I don't think you'll get such appraisals.

Keep in mind, BestHotel dot com may also be available for purchase, through a broker or something like that.

Even it isn't worth $1M, but its a far better domain name than the one we are discussing. Sorry.

So if I were the buyer, i'd definitely go for BestHotel dot com & if I were you, i'd close this thread & go get paid.

Good luck anyway
"... if I were you, i'd close this thread & go get paid."
I do agree for this.
So, take this chance @Cyril.Best . And make hotels.best for $1M....🙏🙏🙏

•••
Why all this side talk? just give him an appraisal regardless of the offer he is talking about

hotels.best / hotel.best value:

Resller: xx to low xxx
End User: low to mid x,xxx

Last edited:
•••
It’s nice to dream but realism is what is required when there are many hotel or hotels dot extensions that have sold recently for mid to high three figures (EXample: hotels.ly $568.; hotels.ws $1250.; hotels.nu $983.) and many more available for that or less.

Why yet another non dot com extension would be worth 1000 - 2000X more than these is inexplicable - indeed, unjustified.

Last edited:
•••
https://www.namepros.com/members/herry-plaz.1021667/

What happened to Herry?

He was only with us a short time :xf.cry:

Seriously @Eric Lyon why did the second .best supporter get the boot. :fishy:

5 years this extension has been around?

https://namestat.org/best

Whois.com wants $100 a pop
Dynadot $2

You wanted appraisal for Hotel.best
$50
I would seal that deal asap before your buyer reads this thread:xf.rolleyes:

Also Cyril, why take so long to join namepros. Never heard of us?
Looks like your selling 6 a day over 4+ years.

Renewals $70 this is sad

•••
•••
Is no one going to talk about how the $1m offer is made up?

•••
https://www.namepros.com/members/herry-plaz.1021667/

Also Cyril, why take so long to join namepros. Never heard of us?
Looks like your selling 6 a day over 4+ years.

@MasterOfMyDomains

Don't take it personally as an offense but we are not domain traders (nothing against that) and this is also why none in my team had absolutly no idea about what to do with NP.

Of course, we knew that NP was existing like a lot of domains forums but none never took the time to look at it or invest time on it.

The journey of a Registry is probably not what you could imagine. Plus, I would say that we concentrate most of our time an energy selling domains to end-users like we did for hotels.best/hotel.best for instance.

I found it was important to be there (btw I didn't see any other ngtld CEO coming here to be shot).

And i Thought and still believe it's important to be there not to bullshit anyone on the .Best but to explain our vision, why we think our strategy is different for traders and answer question in a 100% transparent mode.

Coz domain traders are/should be also part of our community. A lot of people, even internally advise me to not go there coz the benefits was low compare to the risks but I didn't agree on that.

I think that people needs to talk even if they are coming from different planets. That is my point of view but I even respect people that don't want to talk to me. I just ask for respect.

Like I said everybody is free to have its own religion and I respect everybody (even my ngtld competitors) coz at the end, I will only believe in one thing that are data and data at scale.

Plus, to explain also the timing, you should know that we just took over the .Best only 6 months ago.
Before it was not us and a different business strategy with high renewals.

We change this on 5th Feb and like I said and explain before renewals will go down at $15 wholesale price for all registrars (for non premium domains) on 5th August.

As for the sales and execution plans, we found our traction now :

D1MqTzrWoAAfaHH.jpg

We are 100% transparent on our strategy and if you want to have daily info about our premium sales and our .best strategy, I encourage you to follow me/us on social medias.

I know that NP is important but we also live in a new era where social networks are important for communicating and this is exactly what we daily do.

Hope this helps understand our .Best world,

All the .Best for you and your business,

CF

•••
All the .best to you. Some of us have to give the new G's guys hard time.
Wish ya success

•••
Why NP allowed spamming and bumping for advertising with this nonsense crap.

Who cares about if you sell them for $1M or $1 dollar.
Stop spamming.
From your picture it looks like you own the Tour Eiffel too.

•••
Please report the $1,000,000 sale, once completed!!!

•••
@Cyril.Best truly believe in you. I am following this .best from last 2 years (Deepak Patel- Twitter) even before your team purchased it. I have registered "Wedding.best" in 2017 almost 2 years back didn't have any idea about .best plan so from last 2 years i am following each and every single updates about .best and not because i have reg some domains but because your team has that potentials to change the game for this TLD.

In-fact i still remember the interview with PeopleBrowsr he told "We failed to grow this extension at certain level but we believe in Cyril's team. They have plan so they never fail" and after that .best team handled everything step by step. I never accept that Cyril is here for instant growth OR just for trading purpose. That is wrong. He has plan for something. Just think about if in case some domains sold for $1M So what? You all are asking for proof right. I have sold my domain "Wedding.best" i received 3 offers $1k, $20k and $38k from uniregistry market. You can directly confirm with uniregistry marketplace if you want and deal is about to finalise soon or might not & i will give the proof also if happens. See please at least give time to explain someone. Here i see people bombarding even without thinking single second. That's not acceptable.

I don't know about other but i truly believe this extension will boom the domain market. Will take time for people to understand but it will for sure.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Cyril.Best truly believe in you. I am following this .best from last 2 years (Deepak Patel- Twitter) even before your team purchased it. I have registered "Wedding.best" in 2017 almost 2 years back didn't have any idea about .best plan so from last 2 years i am following each and every single updates about .best and not because i have reg some domains but because your team has that potentials to change the game for this TLD.

In-fact i still remember the interview with PeopleBrowsr he told "We failed to grow this extension at certain level but we believe in Cyril's team. They have plan so they never fail" and after that .best team handled everything step by step. I never accept that Cyril is here for instant growth OR just for trading purpose. That is wrong. He has plan for something. Just think about if in case some domains sold for $1M then what? You all are asking for proof right. I have sold my domain "Wedding.best" i received 3 offers $1k, $20k and $38k from uniregistry market. You can directly confirm with uniregistry marketplace if you want and deal is about to finalise soon or might not & i will give the proof also if happens. See please at least give time to explain someone. Here i see people bombarding even without thinking single second. That's not acceptable.

I don't know about other but i truly believe this extension will boom the domain market. Will take time for people to understand but it will for sure.
You encourage me @ctoc . Thank you.
And how about your Wedding.best? is it sold for $38K?
Good Luck...

•••
You encourage me @ctoc . Thank you.
And how about your Wedding.best? is it sold for $38K?
Good Luck...
I am just waiting for appraisal from professional. I rejected $1k and $20k offer. I don't no what exactly the value is but finger cross. Thank you my friend.

•••
I am just waiting for appraisal from professional. I rejected $1k and $20k offer. I don't no what exactly the value is but finger cross. Thank you my friend.
Congrats, Friend...
IMO, take $20K sell. And make first record of selling .best for great price...

•••
Go Cyril, congrats! Ignore the haters!

•••
Congrats, Friend...
IMO, take $20K sell. And make first record of selling .best for great price...
Actually that is the best advice i received but we expect our minimum and if not then we have plan for our self. Lets see.

•••
Actually that is the best advice i received but we expect our minimum and if not then we have plan for our self. Lets see.
Good Luck, Friend...

•••
Back