IT.COM

domain What is for you the the value of Hotels.Best/Hotel.best ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cyril.Best

Established Member
.Best Staff
Impact
Hi,

I am interested to know what is for you the the value of Hotels.Best/Hotel.Best ?

Hotels.com was sold about $11M in 2001 and we just received a proposal of $1M for Hotels.Best + Hotel.Best.

"Best Hotel" is a +40M searches / month.

besthotel.jpg

Thanks

CF

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Take the 1 million and stop trying to pump your extension.
Its not worth $50 imo

•••
@Cyril.Best truly believe in you. I am following this .best from last 2 years (Deepak Patel- Twitter) even before your team purchased it. I have registered "Wedding.best" in 2017 almost 2 years back didn't have any idea about .best plan so from last 2 years i am following each and every single updates about .best and not because i have reg some domains but because your team has that potentials to change the game for this TLD.

In-fact i still remember the interview with PeopleBrowsr he told "We failed to grow this extension at certain level but we believe in Cyril's team. They have plan so they never fail" and after that .best team handled everything step by step. I never accept that Cyril is here for instant growth OR just for trading purpose. That is wrong. He has plan for something. Just think about if in case some domains sold for $1M So what? You all are asking for proof right. I have sold my domain "Wedding.best" i received 3 offers $1k, $20k and $38k from uniregistry market. You can directly confirm with uniregistry marketplace if you want and deal is about to finalise soon or might not & i will give the proof also if happens. See please at least give time to explain someone. Here i see people bombarding even without thinking single second. That's not acceptable.

I don't know about other but i truly believe this extension will boom the domain market. Will take time for people to understand but it will for sure.

Last edited:
•••
Better comparisons are recent non-dot-com hotel(s) reported sales such as hotel.top $4.7k 31-Oct-2017 and hotels.pro $4k 13-Feb-2109. Good luck!

•••
Oh, so you are here in hopes of getting an appraisal beyond the $11 M that was paid for hotels.com?

Thats what I undnerstood, & I don't think you'll get such appraisals.

Keep in mind, BestHotel dot com may also be available for purchase, through a broker or something like that.

Even it isn't worth $1M, but its a far better domain name than the one we are discussing. Sorry.

So if I were the buyer, i'd definitely go for BestHotel dot com & if I were you, i'd close this thread & go get paid.

Good luck anyway

Thanks for the advice, but claiming that besthotels.com is better than hotels.best is a subjective point of view.

What is not subjective (coz it is based on a study) is that for the same keyword (the report was done in different type of industry), you will have a better CTR (30% in average) using xxxxxxx.best instead of bestxxxxxxx.com

So buying/using hotels.best instead of besthotels.com can bring you a better performance.

It's not from me - it's data ! and data at scale and it was based on thousands of clicks.

So here it is : when you are buying a domain for $1M - trust me the most important is the real value that will bring you the name.

Only thinking on the dotcom side is great if you want to protect your trademark but not anymore when it's related to your product or your service.

Of course, not all extension/tld brings value to a keyword. It's all depending of the market, ... but for what is related to the best, it is now the first search of the user - specially in the travel industry right now where reviews are more important than the price since 2 years already.

This is why .best have a different value from the others ngtlds coz they are related to a real usage and real searches from the users.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think its allowed on namepros to pump your extension like this.

in the end it just makes you and the extension look real bad. you must think this forum is filled with stupid.

@Eric Lyon

•••
Go Cyril, congrats! Ignore the haters!

•••
What is not subjective (coz it is based on a study from globerunner) is that for the same keyword (the report was done in different type of industry), you will have a better CTR (30% in average) using xxxxxxx.best instead of bestxxxxxxx.com

No, that is also subjective. You have made a broad conclusion based on one "case study".

I am aware of the "case study" you are referring to.

First of all that is a sponsored "case study", which is not a true study. It is more like marketing since it was paid for by the registry itself.

Second of all it has been thoroughly debated in the past for its poor methodology and small sample size.

If you are going to make a claim like that, you are going to need to back it up with far more data than just some random sponsored "case study".

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If the $1M deal is finalized or somewhat finalized, then why are you posting the domain to the appraisal section of NP?

This thread smells like a publicity stunt for the .best TLD more than a genuine request for an appraisal, IMHO.

•••
https://www.namepros.com/members/herry-plaz.1021667/

Also Cyril, why take so long to join namepros. Never heard of us?
Looks like your selling 6 a day over 4+ years.

@MasterOfMyDomains

Don't take it personally as an offense but we are not domain traders (nothing against that) and this is also why none in my team had absolutly no idea about what to do with NP.

Of course, we knew that NP was existing like a lot of domains forums but none never took the time to look at it or invest time on it.

The journey of a Registry is probably not what you could imagine. Plus, I would say that we concentrate most of our time an energy selling domains to end-users like we did for hotels.best/hotel.best for instance.

I found it was important to be there (btw I didn't see any other ngtld CEO coming here to be shot).

And i Thought and still believe it's important to be there not to bullshit anyone on the .Best but to explain our vision, why we think our strategy is different for traders and answer question in a 100% transparent mode.

Coz domain traders are/should be also part of our community. A lot of people, even internally advise me to not go there coz the benefits was low compare to the risks but I didn't agree on that.

I think that people needs to talk even if they are coming from different planets. That is my point of view but I even respect people that don't want to talk to me. I just ask for respect.

Like I said everybody is free to have its own religion and I respect everybody (even my ngtld competitors) coz at the end, I will only believe in one thing that are data and data at scale.

Plus, to explain also the timing, you should know that we just took over the .Best only 6 months ago.
Before it was not us and a different business strategy with high renewals.

We change this on 5th Feb and like I said and explain before renewals will go down at $15 wholesale price for all registrars (for non premium domains) on 5th August.

As for the sales and execution plans, we found our traction now :

D1MqTzrWoAAfaHH.jpg

We are 100% transparent on our strategy and if you want to have daily info about our premium sales and our .best strategy, I encourage you to follow me/us on social medias.

I know that NP is important but we also live in a new era where social networks are important for communicating and this is exactly what we daily do.

Hope this helps understand our .Best world,

All the .Best for you and your business,

CF

•••
Please report the $1,000,000 sale, once completed!!!

We will don't worry.

I am actually in contact with Michael from NameBio to see how we can report all our .Best premium sales.

But Like I said in differend thread, we received the engagement letter from from the buyer but we still did not decide. We will in the next days and will report everything in a full transparent mode.

Not only that BIG sales but also the others premium sales that we have done and that you can retrieve on our twitter and linkedin account already.

•••
Go Cyril, congrats! Ignore the haters!

Thanks for the support and don't worry - I even love the haters coz they give you value.

Some don't understand why, but I know that the smartest of them could be our best supporter at the end and this is why I don't blame anybody here to hate us. Everybody is free to have its own opinion.

But I like also haters, because sometimes you can be wrong also on your side and it helps also sometimes to correct yourself or your attitude. We are not perfect, I can make mistake - i did and will make again - nothing wrong with that.

For intance, I like @Bob Hawkes approach. He's not a hater but his analyze is always constructive and moderate by external data - not just by a subjective point of view - that we all have.

Plus, I can totally understand every septicism, mistrust and any others bad feelings against us at first sight. The ngtlds market don't play in our favour right now.

But as a business man, I only believe in execution. That's is my only conviction coz the true is always proven by your achievements not by what you're saying and this is why I am cool coz we know exactly what we do and what we have already achieve.

All the .best for you and your business and thanks again for your support.

CF

•••
Not sure why you doing this. Should be finalizing the deal instead.

Big mistake on the part of the " buyer " , but good for you you in terms of making it happen.

Deal is finalized, we have already a formal offer from the buyer.

We are just in a process to check the real value on the market coz gap is big between "hotels.com" sold for $11M and "hotels.best" that is actually worth $1M.

•••
Comparison with hotel.top or hotels.pro is not really appropriate coz no one is looking for the "top hotel" or the "pro hotel" in google.

If you compare the part of organic traffic/clicks you can get from hotels.best on "best hotels" and you will understand why even at $1M it's a fair deal for the buyer.

$1M can seem a lot from the outside but ARPU in the luxury hotel industry is up to $1K so it's just 1K customers.

And when you know the user acquisition price in the luxury hotel industry, it's a fair deal. Even at $1M

Last edited:
•••
Oh, so you are here in hopes of getting an appraisal beyond the $11 M that was paid for hotels.com?

Keep in mind, BestHotel dot com may also be available for purchase, through a broker or something like that.

Even it isn't worth $1M, but its a far better domain name than the one we are discussing. Sorry.

So if I were the buyer, i'd definitely go for BestHotel dot com & if I were you, i'd close this thread & go get paid.

Good luck anyway
You're not wrong from your way but you are actually on wrong track. Domain valuation depends upon the data not the imaginary. You just can't value something which you like the most because that actually not the truth for market. There are thousands of domains sold for 6-7 figures in market which was valued very less before it sold. From my research i have seen wedding.best got offer of 25K-38K or many (You can confirm with uniregistry marketplace) instead of "best.wedding" is available to purchase with very less value compare to that but the buyer has some different prospective for every different name. You just cant be sure in domain market. Its all depends on data.

•••
I would say not many people are looking for "hotels best" either.
Grammatically this TLD feels like it is backwards.

Best of luck with the sale.

Brad

Hi Brad, It's funny to see the same debate 6 years after the launched of the ngtld program.

There is so lack of SEO return of experience in this field - it's amazing.

Everybody claims subjective things without having even testing them at scale.

As for your information, before the .best acquisition, we did test at scale during 2 years on 50K domains (50% were ngtlds - we tested almost all ngtlds in different industry : travel, insurance, ...) and the result was : it's working my friend - of course not on all ngtld - but it's working on the .best

And guess what, this is the primary reason why we decide to make the .best acquisition and not another string.

Coz on the .Best and when its related to Best searches : it's working - I mean you can rank better and faster - and even on the long organic tail.

Plus, FYI, "hotels.best" is as good as "best.hotels" (when will exist) in terms of SEO.

But more important "hotels.best" will have a better performance in terms of CTR than "besthotels.com".

That was our primary concern when we conduct our test.

If you still/don't believe me : create a short google ads campaign and send the same amount of clicks on both sites and you will see it from your eyes. Even on a short/small sample size it's working - the performance is better with a .best on the best searches.

And when considering domains for SEO/SEA, the #1 criteria you should consider right now is CTR.

It is now affecting both your SEO and SEA strategy from a google point of view.

Therefore, the study that we conduct was not a sponsor study so I don't even know how you can pretend it has been thoroughly debated in the past for its poor methodology and small sample size coz only our propects have an access to it in our proposal for them ???

And the internal study that we conduct did not only show us a better CTR on the .best, but also a lower bounce rate, a higher DWELL time, and a higher pages per visit ratio in terms of user experience.

But even more important than our study that you can still contest the reality for subjective reasons, it's how rank .Best Backwards domains in google :

This is the reality :
- wear.best : https://www.google.com/search?q=best+wear (on google 1st page)
- madeira.best : https://www.google.com/search?q=best+madeira (#1 in google in your are based in Europe)

Of course, this examples could always be amended because SEO or SEA is not just domains and there is so many other important on-site or off-site metrics (ssl, content quality, netlinking, ...) that have a key role but at a time where google is measuring the user experience as the #1 metric for its ranking, CTR, Bounce rate and DWELL time are now the keys in choosing the right domains.

Simply because when more people are clicking on your .Best website, and spend more time on your site, then the engagement rate is higher for google and your Google Quality Score improves naturally time after time.

Sorry to make it so technical - it was not my first intention but I think everybody needs to have all arguments. My concern is not to convince people of buying .Best domains - that is the job of our registrars. My concern is to convince people of using .Best domains - Not just for trading.

Hope it helps.

All the .Best,

CF

Last edited:
•••
@000 - I will in detail don't worry but please as you don't know anything about me, and the .Best and THE.Best social network and you continue insult me in your post, please first give your real identity as I have a real sense of humour - a French one - I would say - like you don't know anything about the .best, you also don't know that 1% of the .best share belongs to a lawyer company that aren't really French and have not the same sense of humour that I have, specially when you can say that the .Best is a crap extension.

So go ahead, please tell us who you are and I will personnally give you all detailed explanations about how and why THE.Best social network is the biggest innovation at scale since the ngtld program and how it will affect each .Best domain name value on the aftermarket.

•••
All the .best to you. Some of us have to give the new G's guys hard time.
Wish ya success

•••
You encourage me @ctoc . Thank you.
And how about your Wedding.best? is it sold for $38K?
Good Luck...
I am just waiting for appraisal from professional. I rejected $1k and $20k offer. I don't no what exactly the value is but finger cross. Thank you my friend.

•••
Re the original question, this article and link from Elliot of DomainInvesting about the $11 million purchase, and an earlier sale for a higher amount, provides some background. Note also the idea of one of the commenters who points out that strictly speaking when a domain was sold in past we should apply some rate of inflation to get current dollars (although question of whether domains are increasing at, below or above inflation rate has no clear answer in my opinion).
https://domaininvesting.com/bbc-hotels-com-domain-name-originally-bought-for-11-million/

For convenience here is a link for the NameBio listed sales of exact word 'hotels'
https://namebio.com/?s==YDO0IDM4AjM
Now most of those are country/region sales so not useful comparators. The .top sale (mentioned earlier in this thread) is more relevant, but it apparently went to a domainer as it is up now on Undeveloped I see. Also, the strong single country bias in registrations of .top make it less desired for other regions.

Re valuation, it does need to be taken into account that hotel and hotels are being sold as a package. How much does that add to just hotels? Not sure but something, although less than a factor of 2. The package sale of sleeping and snoring last year, officially listed as $500k each, is perhaps relevant.

I think the availability of 'besthotels' in various extensions (here is DOFO link) including .net for just low/mid $$$$ dampens price possibilities. Also the .online can be bought for not that high a price. Possibly the .best social network makes the .best much more valuable, but it is still early days. Here is link: https://dofo.com/search/?contains=besthotels

If it was mine, I would close the deal as soon as possible (rather than asking for advice here :xf.wink:).

All the .best,

Bob

•••
Thanks for the support and don't worry - I even love the haters coz they give you value.

Some don't understand why, but I know that the smartest of them could be our best supporter at the end and this is why I don't blame anybody here to hate us. Everybody is free to have its own opinion.

But I like also haters, because sometimes you can be wrong also on your side and it helps also sometimes to correct yourself or your attitude. We are not perfect, I can make mistake - i did and will make again - nothing wrong with that.

For intance, I like @Bob Hawkes approach. He's not a hater but his analyze is always constructive and moderate by external data - not just by a subjective point of view - that we all have.

Plus, I can totally understand every septicism, mistrust and any others bad feelings against us at first sight. The ngtlds market don't play in our favour right now.

But as a business man, I only believe in execution. That's is my only conviction coz the true is always proven by your achievements not by what you're saying and this is why I am cool coz we know exactly what we do and what we have already achieve.

All the .best for you and your business and thanks again for your support.

CF
This is perfectly stated and shows the mind of a true genius at work! Love to all, love is the answer, love rules always! WeLove.Best

Last edited:
•••
Deal is finalized, we have already a formal offer from the buyer.

We are just in a process to check the real value on the market coz gap is big between "hotels.com" sold for $11M and "hotels.best" that is actually worth $1M.

Good luck anyway

•••
Comparison with hotel.top or hotels.pro is not really appropriate coz no one is looking for the "top hotel" or the "pro hotel" in google.

If you compare the part of organic traffic/clicks you can get from hotels.best on "best hotels" and you will understand why even at $1M it's a fair deal for the buyer.

$1M can seem a lot from the outside but ARPU in the luxury hotel industry is up to $1K so it's just 1K customers.

And when you know the user acquisition price in the luxury hotel industry, it's a fair deal. Even at $1M

I would say not many people are looking for "hotels best" either.
Grammatically this TLD feels like it is backwards.

Best of luck with the sale.

Brad

•••
Hotels.best is a great domain, its for sure have huge upside potential. Thanks and best wishes @Cyril.Best. I m a big lover of new domain extensions. I like .BEST domain extension because of the value it creates out of the box. In-fact I m planning to launch my new product with .BEST domain name (Training.Best).

•••
As you well know, a $1 million sale would be by a factor of 2 higher than any other new gTLD sale to date and a huge accomplishment for .best.

Cyril the Salesman said it, so by golly it MUST be true!

Not like he has anything to gain by hordes of desperate domainers accepting his unsubstantiated (and frankly unbelieveable) CLAIMS as "fact"...............

Sad that this shit is allowed on NP!

Snake-oil_salesman_Professor_Thaddeus_Schmidlap_at_Enchanted_Springs_Ranch%2C_Boerne%2C_Texas%2C_USA_28650a.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back