Dynadot

advice What if you discover that you have pushed wrong Domain to the buyer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hell guys,
Before 6 months I have sold many domains to one of my client, when I have recently checked my Godaddy account, I have discovered that I have pushed him by accident LLLL.com Chips instead of LLLL.net.
I have sent him an email today regarding that matter.
Any more advices with thanks.
By the way, the sale was through DNF, and this buyer also member here at Namepros.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you tried calling godaddy? If the buyer accepted those domains knowing he didn't pay for them, he has technically committed theft and you can declare the domains stolen. I'm afraid the only thing you have left to do is plead with the buyer to be honest.

•••
Have you tried calling godaddy? If the buyer accepted those domains knowing he didn't pay for them, he has technically committed theft and you can declare the domains stolen. I'm afraid the only thing you have left to do is plead with the buyer to be honest.
No I didn't, contact Godaddy.
Is it work if I did?

•••
I think if he is honest, he should inform me when that happened.

•••
No I didn't, contact Godaddy.
Is it work if I did?

I know they are able to reverse fraudulent transfers/pushes but if you willingly pushed the wrong domain, they may not be able to help. Has the buyer acknowledged the mistake?

•••
I would explain to the buyer what happened and ask him to return the domain so you can push the domain he purchased.

•••
•••
I would explain to the buyer what happened and ask him to return the domain so you can push the domain he purchased.
I did, waiting for his respond.

•••
But what if he refused to return it?

•••
•••
I hope you have clear documented contract and/or the buyer is honest.
I hope so, he is from China.
I have made many deals with him before.

•••
But what if he refused to return it?

Given you have proof of the deal, you can declare the domains as stolen. Once he accepted the domains that weren't in the deal, he/she is guilty of accepting stolen property. Just be patient and try to solve this amicably, I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for it.

•••
Given you have proof of the deal, you can declare the domains as stolen. Once he accepted the domains that weren't in the deal, he/she is guilty of accepting stolen property. Just be patient and try to solve this amicably, I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for it.
For sure I have the proof .
But how and where I can declare the domains as stolen?

•••
For sure I have the proof .
But how and where I can declare the domains as stolen?

Before declaring it stolen. I'd explain the situation to GoDaddy and ask them to return the domain so that you can push the correct name instead. They'll probably want to see your evidence.

•••
I know DomainGang.com does a great job at warning other investors about stolen domains, you can also post the buyer's info here and what domains were stolen so other investors don't handle stolen goods.

•••

Are they considered stolen if you authorized the push?

There needs to be considerable evidence to reverse an accidental push as that would enable far too much fraud on sales, imho.
Sell a domain, ask for it to be returned because the transfer was "unauthorized".
If you document the whole mix-up that would make more sense.. i.e. speak to your account rep and ask what the best course is before starting a line of action you can't reverse.

•••
Before declaring it stolen. I'd explain the situation to GoDaddy and ask them to return the domain so that you can push the correct name instead. They'll probably want to see your evidence.
As Whois record, he transfered it out of Godaddy.

•••
As Whois record, he transfered it out of Godaddy.

Trying to reverse an authorized push that was more than 6 months ago where those domains have legitimately (according to whois) been transferred to a new registrar?

Good luck unwinding that.

To be honest, I'd be more afraid of a system that *did* undo that at this point.

Good luck, nonetheless. I'd be interested to know how this resolves.

•••
If it's gone to a Chinese registrar, it's probably gone forever. But they could not do that immediately because of the 60 day hold. So why are you so late in raising this issue? GoDaddy have been successful in getting a few domains back from China. But it has been only a handful made public. So their success rate is probably very small. The first you have to do is convince them to take the case

•••
•••
I'd give your "trusted" buyer a very short time to transfer it back to you. You are going to have a hard time getting GoDaddy involved, I'm sure.

So how long after the push took place did you notice your mistake, and how long ago was that?

•••
So why are you so late in raising this issue?
I have discovered that by chance, I have listed the domain for sale at Godaddy, and they sent me that The WHOIS contact information does not match my GoDaddy account contact information.

•••
I'd give your "trusted" buyer a very short time to transfer it back to you. You are going to have a hard time getting GoDaddy involved, I'm sure.

So how long after the push took place did you notice your mistake, and how long ago was that?
I have just discovered it now, and the transaction was before 6 months.

•••
I think you can safely declare this domain has been stolen if you don't receive a reply from your buyer within 3 days. I think there is a thread here on NP for disclosing the identity of thieves. You should also report him on NameGang.com also. So much for your trusted Chinese buyer :(

•••
"Reputation is everything". In the domaining industry you have got to be honest 100% of the time or you simply won't survive in the long run. Hopefully he returns the domain to you but I'd call GoDaddy support regarding this theft. The sooner the better.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back