IT.COM

advice What if you discover that you have pushed wrong Domain to the buyer?

Spaceship
Watch
Hell guys,
Before 6 months I have sold many domains to one of my client, when I have recently checked my Godaddy account, I have discovered that I have pushed him by accident LLLL.com Chips instead of LLLL.net.
I have sent him an email today regarding that matter.
Any more advices with thanks.
By the way, the sale was through DNF, and this buyer also member here at Namepros.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
please don't worry everyone, the problem solved with Jamal already!

•••
For sure I have the proof .
But how and where I can declare the domains as stolen?
If you start the PUSH you cannot declare the domains as stolen ... they are not stolen, you give them away.

•••
As Whois record, he transfered it out of Godaddy.

Trying to reverse an authorized push that was more than 6 months ago where those domains have legitimately (according to whois) been transferred to a new registrar?

Good luck unwinding that.

To be honest, I'd be more afraid of a system that *did* undo that at this point.

Good luck, nonetheless. I'd be interested to know how this resolves.

•••
I would explain to the buyer what happened and ask him to return the domain so you can push the domain he purchased.

•••
I know DomainGang.com does a great job at warning other investors about stolen domains, you can also post the buyer's info here and what domains were stolen so other investors don't handle stolen goods.

•••
Given you have proof of the deal, you can declare the domains as stolen. Once he accepted the domains that weren't in the deal, he/she is guilty of accepting stolen property. Just be patient and try to solve this amicably, I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for it.

Are they considered stolen if you authorized the push?

There needs to be considerable evidence to reverse an accidental push as that would enable far too much fraud on sales, imho.
Sell a domain, ask for it to be returned because the transfer was "unauthorized".
If you document the whole mix-up that would make more sense.. i.e. speak to your account rep and ask what the best course is before starting a line of action you can't reverse.

•••
@joro001 do share the name and profile link of that member with @jamaltq so that they can discuss this.

The OP is welcome to PM me if he wants and i'll PM his user profile if he's unsure of who it is etc..

I'd be surprised if there's not some mistake/misunderstanding here from the buyers end, i've never had any issues with him.

Will see what happens.

•••
not a lost cause yet, let's see how to chinese spiderman reacts.. Reputation or LLLL.com CHIP?
@Harris 100 , you seems ready for action , intrigue and drama, :P

Sure, next move is to communicate him through PM, not here ...:xf.grin::xf.grin:

For me, @Haris100 and others, we got your back, but if it turns out your fault, we will got you wiped.

Last edited:
•••
hello everyone, i come back :)
I just found Jamal emails and this thread.

If Mr.Jamal feel this deal is have a mistake for push domain, it is no problem and i can gree to cancel this deal even if this deal about 6 month ago!!!

•••
This is my email sent to Jamal, i post there for everyone also:

Hello Jamal

Be honest, i am really don't know there have any mistake for our deal, because i purchased many domains everyday and have not check each domain, we had many good deals before, so you know we are all honest domainers, same as what my said, if you feel this deal have a mistake, i can gree to cancel this deal and you return the payment to me, i return this deal domains to you, but please note, you need to bear of my domain transfer fees also, this is best way for solve this problem, because i sincerely hope have more deals with you in the future also.

Sincerely.

•••
I have just asked him to return my LLLL.com domain, and I will push him instead his LLLL.net, and that's all.
This , IMO is the right thing, the deal can not and should not be cancelled.

@bigbagofbricks, the seller did not sell the .COM, he only sold the . NET ( His own version )

This is simple, the domain that was not sold, should be returned, no further bickering necessary.

•••
LOL !! He doesn't know the situation.. came here to throw dirt at GD. hahah..

•••
Thank you all guys for sharing me that issue, which anyone may face it in the future, or already faced it before.
And many thanks to skyful for resolving it.
I didn't get back my domain, but I have made a deal with skyful regarding that, I have lost some money but it is Ok.
Thank you again guys for all your opinions, advices, info's and everything.

•••
•••
For sure I have the proof .
But how and where I can declare the domains as stolen?

Before declaring it stolen. I'd explain the situation to GoDaddy and ask them to return the domain so that you can push the correct name instead. They'll probably want to see your evidence.

•••
@jamaltq - the domain you posted earlier is also for sale on eBay, but I think the eBay is your listing, correct? If so maybe suspend eBay so it doesn't get messier in case a sudden buyer happens upon it.

Gosh I am hoping the best for you to have a happy resolution to this.
Yes I have removed it from there.
Thanks

•••
Over the time, some people have mistakenly pushed wrong and sometimes additional domains to me but integrity demands , I don't accept, and I always immediate informed the person, for him to have accepted, " He lacks integrity ".
How will he feel if he is the one that send wrong domain, as @ stub initially said, It is a theft, fight for it till last, we also need to know this guy.:(

•••
Dealt with him lots of times with no issue at all. I know exactly who you are talking about.
PM'd him not so long ago about something random and he replied fine to me.

Give him time to get back to you IMO.
It's odd he accepted this domain knowing there was a clear mistake.

Interested to see what happens here!

•••
How many domains were transferred when this occurred?

So many here are quick to cry "thief", but whatever happened to "innocent till proven guilty"?

•••
The OP is welcome to PM me if he wants and i'll PM his user profile if he's unsure of who it is etc..

I'd be surprised if there's not some mistake/misunderstanding here from the buyers end, i've never had any issues with him.

Will see what happens.
Many thanks for providing me his user name.

•••

Will see what happens.

he would've thought that it's a gift from jamal. lol

•••
•••
I've made this mistake before - godaddy will not help if you pushed the name. I was fortunate that the buyer pushed it back, but it was a pretty stressful couple days before getting it back. 6 months is a long time though. Good luck.

•••
Hi,

I know that user. Had couple of successful deals in past. Let me know and we all can talk to him in group via PM and try to resolve this issue honestly and transparent way. Let us know and we will try to work out something.

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back