Domain Empire

advice What if you discover that you have pushed wrong Domain to the buyer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hell guys,
Before 6 months I have sold many domains to one of my client, when I have recently checked my Godaddy account, I have discovered that I have pushed him by accident LLLL.com Chips instead of LLLL.net.
I have sent him an email today regarding that matter.
Any more advices with thanks.
By the way, the sale was through DNF, and this buyer also member here at Namepros.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The whois for this domain was updated 3 days ago. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the domain has been resold. This will get very messy.

Wasn't this involving a known NP member? That could be helpful.

•••
HeWon.com :(

Hope it all works out

•••
@jamaltq - the domain you posted earlier is also for sale on eBay, but I think the eBay is your listing, correct? If so maybe suspend eBay so it doesn't get messier in case a sudden buyer happens upon it.

Gosh I am hoping the best for you to have a happy resolution to this.

•••
The whois for this domain was updated 3 days ago. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the domain has been resold. This will get very messy.

Wasn't this involving a known NP member? That could be helpful.
As whois record now, he is the same person, his name is: yuan wan qun

•••
I think you can safely declare this domain has been stolen if you don't receive a reply from your buyer within 3 days. I think there is a thread here on NP for disclosing the identity of thieves. You should also report him on NameGang.com also. So much for your trusted Chinese buyer :(
I will, but I believe he will not respond, while he accepted it from beginning.
Thanks

•••
@jamaltq - the domain you posted earlier is also for sale on eBay, but I think the eBay is your listing, correct? If so maybe suspend eBay so it doesn't get messier in case a sudden buyer happens upon it.

Gosh I am hoping the best for you to have a happy resolution to this.
Yes I have removed it from there.
Thanks

•••
"Reputation is everything". In the domaining industry you have got to be honest 100% of the time or you simply won't survive in the long run. Hopefully he returns the domain to you but I'd call GoDaddy support regarding this theft. The sooner the better.
It is No longer at Godaddy.
Thanks

•••
I'd say, like everyone else. This is a lost cause.

•••
Like someone said "reputation is everything" Mabe it's time to call him out here on namepros? You did say he's a member?

Honesty and transparency is quay in this business, I know I don't want to do business with someone who knowingly got the wrong domain and did not question it or send it back to the original owner.

Think of the respect he would have got if he did send it back?

•••
Over the time, some people have mistakenly pushed wrong and sometimes additional domains to me but integrity demands , I don't accept, and I always immediate informed the person, for him to have accepted, " He lacks integrity ".
How will he feel if he is the one that send wrong domain, as @ stub initially said, It is a theft, fight for it till last, we also need to know this guy.:(

•••
I don't know his Namepros user name, but his Avatar is Spider man toy.
If anyone knowing him, or deal with him before kindly inform us.

•••
Dealt with him lots of times with no issue at all. I know exactly who you are talking about.
PM'd him not so long ago about something random and he replied fine to me.

Give him time to get back to you IMO.
It's odd he accepted this domain knowing there was a clear mistake.

Interested to see what happens here!

•••
How many domains were transferred when this occurred?

So many here are quick to cry "thief", but whatever happened to "innocent till proven guilty"?

•••
Hell guys,
Before 6 months I have sold many domains to one of my client, when I have recently checked my Godaddy account, I have discovered that I have pushed him by accident LLLL.com Chips instead of LLLL.net.
I have sent him an email today regarding that matter.
Any more advices with thanks.
By the way, the sale was through DNF, and this buyer also member here at Namepros.

So, I am not the only one who made this mistake :)
I have pushed a 5n.com (chip) instead 5n.info. Almost identical numbers. In same moment I was pushing a 8 domains to 8 different accounts. I saw what I did few hrs. later when I got a email from GD.
Buyer was fair enough and he didnt accepted the transfer (push)

•••
I think what you could do is try negotiate a deal that could work for both of you.

Im not sure how many domains are involved here but let say there are 5 domains. Tell him to return 4 domains to you and you will then push the 5 x LLLL.net domains to him. So he will get what he orginally paid for PLUS 1 free LLLL.com. So he still score, yes you lose 1 x LLLL.com but thats better than losing 5 x LLLL.com's

Tell him that if he doesn't agree then you will have the domains listed as stolen and notify GD about the fraudulent transaction AND notify NP members of his actions as well so that we all know not to deal with him.

It would make sense for him to agree to a deal like that instead of having all the domains listed as stolen as well as ruining his reputation here on NP.

•••
@joro001 do share the name and profile link of that member with @jamaltq so that they can discuss this.

•••
I think what you could do is try negotiate a deal that could work for both of you.

Im not sure how many domains are involved here but let say there are 5 domains. Tell him to return 4 domains to you and you will then push the 5 x LLLL.net domains to him. So he will get what he orginally paid for PLUS 1 free LLLL.com. So he still score, yes you lose 1 x LLLL.com but thats better than losing 5 x LLLL.com's

Tell him that if he doesn't agree then you will have the domains listed as stolen and notify GD about the fraudulent transaction AND notify NP members of his actions as well so that we all know not to deal with him.

It would make sense for him to agree to a deal like that instead of having all the domains listed as stolen as well as ruining his reputation here on NP.
Thank you, it is just one domain.

•••
@joro001 do share the name and profile link of that member with @jamaltq so that they can discuss this.

The OP is welcome to PM me if he wants and i'll PM his user profile if he's unsure of who it is etc..

I'd be surprised if there's not some mistake/misunderstanding here from the buyers end, i've never had any issues with him.

Will see what happens.

•••
The OP is welcome to PM me if he wants and i'll PM his user profile if he's unsure of who it is etc..

I'd be surprised if there's not some mistake/misunderstanding here from the buyers end, i've never had any issues with him.

Will see what happens.
Many thanks for providing me his user name.

•••

Will see what happens.

he would've thought that it's a gift from jamal. lol

•••
•••
While I have now his Namepros user name. what you suggest guys?

•••
While I have now his Namepros user name. what you suggest guys?

contact him asap and show him the auction link or wherever the deal of the LLLL.net took place.. what else?

•••
I'd say, like everyone else. This is a lost cause.

not a lost cause yet, let's see how to chinese spiderman reacts.. Reputation or LLLL.com CHIP?

•••
I hope you get it back and it appears you might due to what the members who know the user said.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back