IT.COM

discuss What if you guys all wrong?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jimmysun

Highquality.xyzTop Member
Impact
Chinese usually say that if 10-20 years ago you had bought an apartment or a condo in Beijing you gonna be rich today because at that time most people wouldn't think the real estate in China would become so flourish if you had one you barely didn't need to do anything hard works after then, I believe some domainers have had speculative thought as of late, so when I try to invest on something I'd always been asking myself am I really making a right decisions? what if I was wrong? We have been talking about VR, Robot, Crypto niches round and round, what if we are just following trending that most people agree to but the true answer is way out of your thinking? even you believe in yourself how do you make yourself persuaded to have patient?

Do you have any idea or niche that is out of the normal way that comes out from your mind? For example "body devices" is actually the next hot niche, or ".de" will be the next hack because "decentralized"? I appreciate having some new thoughts.
upload_2020-2-23_21-23-47.png

upload_2020-2-23_21-23-58.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Any ideas I will take seriously deep thinking even it looks like a joke, thanks!

•••
•••
Are you into crypto?
Sure, the crypto is my love, it means freedom! Some countries are restricted to have exchange and have a limit to transferring $$.

•••
Sure, the crypto is my love, it means freedom! Some countries are restricted to have exchange and have a limit to transferring $$.
Which one BitcoinSV ?

•••
•••
•••
•••
I got MyBitcoinSV.com

If you fancy that offer me a price on that name. 😉
That's a really good collection, will keep that in my mind, I might be interested once when .com is allowed to using as a wallet address.

•••
I think domain investing is a game of probabilities. Obviously, we can not predict all future big trends but, based on what's already here and known, we can assess the probability of X or Y becoming big or not.

Examples:

As alluded above, crypto and blockchain are already pretty important and, barring some unforeseen/catastrophic events, their importance can only grow from now on, as the world slowly moves away from physical to digital money (and, in a broader sense, from physical to digital everything). In other words: high probability of this becoming bigger than it is.

On the other hand, we know about what's very likely to be less and less important in the future: print magazines and newspapers, fax machines, wires and cords in general, standalone GPS devices, etc.

Are we all wrong about the examples above? It's possible. But highly improbable.

As for crazy ideas regarding big upcoming trends - I have to ponder this more and will share the conclusions at a later time (unless I'll contemplate keeping it all for me, hah).

Last edited:
•••
What if a sun burst destroys all electric networks and all those domains, and websites, and crypto-whatever turn into dust? Better invest in a plot of land and some gardening tools.

•••
What if a sun burst destroys all electric networks and all those domains, and websites, and crypto-whatever turn into dust? Better invest in a plot of land and some gardening tools.

How about that fellow that put 60 million plus in bitcoin codes hidden in a fishing rod case...then the landlord hauled all his things to the dump after he got incarcerated...gives new meaning to the phrase 'gone fishin'. :ROFL:

•••

You just want everyone to stop buying domains so you can easily get all the good ones :xf.smile: I'm kidding, of course!

The probability of a damaging solar storm happening in the near future is quite low:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/03/190312103717.htm

Hopefully, someone out there will find a way to protect the earth from such potential hazards in the decades to come.

•••
I think domain investing is a game of probabilities. Obviously, we can not predict all future big trends but, based on what's already here and known, we can assess the probability of X or Y becoming big or not.

Examples:

As alluded above, crypto and blockchain are already pretty important and, barring some unforeseen/catastrophic events, their importance can only grow from now on, as the world slowly moves away from physical to digital money (and, in a broader sense, from physical to digital everything). In other words: high probability of this becoming bigger than it is.

On the other hand, we know about what's very likely to be less and less important in the future: print magazines and newspapers, fax machines, wires and cords in general, standalone GPS devices, etc.

Are we all wrong about the examples above? It's possible. But highly improbable.

As for crazy ideas regarding big upcoming trends - I have to ponder this more and will share the conclusions at a later time (unless I'll contemplate keeping it all for me, hah).
Thanks for your opinions, I remember when I noticed how important the blockchain technology is I actually couldn't find any good domain like xxxcoin, xxxtoken..., not even to mention 5g.com or token.com, I was just way too late almost had to spend 100X times to find/dig a mid-good domain, so it made me think, what's the key to having the foresight vision to catch a good domain, like Wallstreet people always move huge funds before everyone sense the opportunities, mice ran away before earthquake.
In my experience even you find a very good niche most people will seem it as an unlikely event.

Last edited:
•••
Do you have any idea or niche that is out of the normal way that comes out from your mind?
Not from the mind alone... There are different information sources around. And, btw, anybody with such an idea (==> domain registrations) probably should not disclose it on a public domaining forum ;)

•••
How about that fellow that put 60 million plus in bitcoin codes hidden in a fishing rod case...then the landlord hauled all his things to the dump after he got incarcerated...gives new meaning to the phrase 'gone fishin'. :ROFL:
hahaha, That's hilarious , maybe I would prefer the goneharddrive...:xf.laugh:

•••
•••
as long as you are making profit and in the green, then it does not matter if im right or wrong or if someone else is right or wrong

•••
I was remiss in not putting up a link to the story so it is below...incredible!

https://boingboing.net/2020/02/21/drug-dealer-lost-his-bitcoin-p.html

Should I live in that area of the world, I would be out there (in dump) nightly pulling through rotting veggies and stinky diapers looking for the case!
Wow, so crazy that's a true story... I guess everyone that has a huge amount of crypto-assets should have a tattoo and have it encrypted to morse code! maybe cryptotatto.com or encrypt/seed/tatto.com?

•••
cryptotatto.com

If you do not get it now, it will be regged soon! Not a bad name and if I had not exceeded my limit this week, I would get it!

•••
If you do not get it now, it will be regged soon! Not a bad name and if I had not exceeded my limit this week, I would get it!
You can have it I don't mind.(y)

•••
Don't share your trend or niche ideas, especially do not EVER share the ones that sell. I learned that the hard way. I do not do trends anymore but I do patterns and some niche, on top of normal names.

Once you find a niche, pattern or whatever that sells, stick with it and crunch the numbers to be sure you are on the right track. For example, I sell a lot of pattern .NET domains for small money ($199 to $299) and I get them from expire lists. But I would never tell people what those patterns are because I only get a few new ones every month. If I shared that info, then even just a handful of people looking for the same patterns would easily buy up all the names I want.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Don't share your trend or niche ideas, especially do not EVER share the ones that sell. I learned that the hard way. I do not do trends anymore but I do patterns and some niche, on top of normal names.

Once you find a niche, pattern or whatever that sells, stick with it and crunch the numbers to be sure you are on the right track. For example, I sell a lot of pattern .NET domains for small money ($199 to $299) and I get them from expire lists. But I would never tell people what those patterns are because I only get a few new ones every month. If I shared that info, then even just a handful of people looking for the same patterns would easily buy up all the names I want.
Thank you for your advice, I already have my own niche that I am sticking on, also, I have known some domains do not belong to me, like cosmetics area, etc. which I don't have any sense on it, I am trying to see if there are some fresh ideas maybe could collide something new in my mind.

•••
Back