NameSilo

What if you guys all wrong?

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion, started by Jimmysun, Feb 23, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

looks like I'm extremely decentralized....

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Jimmysun

Jimmysun Established Member

Sometimes I've been thinking what if my house on fire my paper just gone forever...hope that's not going to happen ever. we should have an 'fire proved' locker. A tatto is a good idea so you could run away indivisually whenever you want.
    We should prepare a SpaceX ticket to outside the universe.:cyclops:

3. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP Gold Account

Barring an apocalyptic World War 3, in the next 10 years, the last ~2.5 billion people will come onto the Internet. That's billion with a B.

If we keep domains viable as a the preferred addressing framework without Draconian censorship, the domains you own will become more valuable as a predictable function of more people transacting online.

The Blockchain based alternatives will come into play only if there is an excessive amount of disempowerment, e.g. some folks are documenting this practice:

https://www.accessnow.org/keepiton/

The new TLDs will actually get moving again in 2020, but it will be largely a function of emerging market participants, buying domains for discounted wholesale and working diligently to get it adopted or developed.

This is going to be an interesting decade - perhaps among the most interesting times to be alive to date due in large part to the massive convergence of a massive amount of low cost tech.

4. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

i often doubt my choices in domaining... and then sailz come in to reassure :tightlyclosedeyes:

5. Jimmysun

Thanks for your opinions and resources, Have you ever noticed recently the China coronavirus? ask me why? No, I can't say...in my point of view I really think the WW3 or blockchain alternatives are coming real soon in 2020.

6. BrandAptly.com

BrandAptly.com Established Member

There are certain industries you simply cannot go wrong with. Some of my favorites are:

geo-target+realestate.com
    geo-target+realty.com
    geo-target+realtors.com
    geo-target+homes.com
    geo-target+apartments.com
    geo-target+attorney.com
    geo-target+healthcare.com
    geo-target+dental.com

I can't imagine an event that will adversely affect the value of geo-targeted domains in certain industries.

7. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP Gold Account

Yes, and did you notice that the China Social Credit score system became mandatory in the same year that mandatory quarantines became socially acceptable?

In the eyes of certain control freaks, thoughts are viruses. Mass quarantines would be a fine way to contain thought viruses.

Fear is a powerful thing. Those who have eternal perspective are equipped to overcome fear and fulfill their God-given purpose.

Wealth without wisdom is the road to hell. So, sure keep flipping domains for profit but make sure to allocate time to courageously ask questions and seek answers.

8. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Contributor VIP

Sorry, but corporations rule the world and there is simply no money in that.

9. Jimmysun

One of my dream is to open a vegetarian restaurant in California once I have enough $$. For that purpose Ive collected the veg.xyz and veganfood.xyz.:couchpotato: That’s my only way to protect the earth and health. If the dream is way too far from reality I could either choose to sell my domains off.

10. Rhinnnn

Rhinnnn Established Member

Yes, but. Some corporations will eventually realize they'd be pretty much worthless in a world without electricity.

11. DomainRecap

That will never happen, as the corporation's only goal is to create profit and increase shareholder value, using whatever means necessary, and without regard for the environment, humankind, or even itself.

Corporations are like the Terminator - they have a single directive and that's all they do - look at the end of the first movie, the Terminator has the flesh burned from its metal skeleton, a crushed leg, and a useless arm, yet it's still crawling after Sarah Conner, trying to kill her.

That is the perfect analogy to a corporation.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  12. Rhinnnn

Rhinnnn Established Member

I'd say this is an oversimplified take, but not too far from the truth.

And yet. Corporations do know - I hope - that the end of electricity would be the end of them. A large chunk of the world's current wealth - trillions of dollars - only exists in bank accounts as mere digital sums and not as physical money - see the term "broad money." All that would disappear in the eventuality of a catastrophic solar storm.

13. DomainRecap

Look at the Coronavirus and the lack of a lockdown on flights - certainly a potential pandemic would be harmful to corporations, but the potential money lost was enough to allow them to lobby and slow down the process.

I was also reading Sports Illustrated yesterday and saw 2 interesting stories.

The first involved a University basketball game where a student yelled "Go back to Uruguay" to an opponent, and almost immediately he was expelled. BAM.

On the same page was a story where 3 employee's wives were verbally and sexually groped/assaulted by a man, and not only did the school try to hush up their complaints and the witnesses, they also fired a coach who pushed the claim forward, Now, 5 months later the women have gone public and the coach has sued the university for millions.

Now ask why a University acted so incredibly quickly on 4 little words but another dragged its ass on 3 sexual assaults?

Because universities and corporations require more customers to meet their higher projections and the more open and friendly North America and Europe look to to potential new foreign students and economic immigration, the better their balance sheets look. So it is in their best interest to lobby for stricter and quicker punishments on even the smallest of politically-incorrect infringements, while a trio of sexually-assaulted women (who are already Western customers) have absolutely no backing and are left twisting in the wind for 5 months, before having to go public.

It's all about the money, and while that was true in the past, it's an absolute Golden Rule in 2020. You screw with the corporate money-making and customer-creating machine, and you are over, like immediately gone. But go rape, pillage the environment, and murder all you want as long as you don't affect their bottom line.

14. BrandAptly.com

BrandAptly.com Established Member

I have been inappropriately labelled as a conspiracy theorist for expressing similar views in other forums. Encountering others who are equally courageous enough to openly shed light on critical socio-political malfeasance is always a breath of fresh air. :xf.smile:

15. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur VIP

I hear a lot that VR/MR is the next big thing, but to be honest VR & MR are not life changing like when smart phones came out for example, it is cool and super useful tech and will stay but I dont see it as next big thing.

AI is way more important but AI is already here for 2 decades, and I see AI as tool that will be used to reach next big thing(s) but not the next big thing by itself.

I imagine that next true big things will change how we use technology, like for example imagine the smart phone becomes embeded in smart contact lense, or controlling your laptop with your brain.. etc. Maybe what I am talking about is way far in future or may never happen (like floating hoverboard) but we should really think out of the box to speculate what will be the next big thing.

16. Jimmysun

I like the way you think.(y)

17. Jimmysun

I believe a few years later the taxi, logistics drivers(human) are no longer exist when 5G is ubiquitous.

18. manpreet

manpreet Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Agreed, nice viewpoint.

19. Pay.My.id

Pay.My.id Established Member

If we follow some domain trend , then we would go to end of the trend. Its better to invest in our brain before making the strongest decision

20. Aldamar

Aldamar Established Member

United States Space Force. :xf.wink:

21. ExploitOdds

ExploitOdds Established Member

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice