IT.COM

WARNING - Do no do business with 'superbowldotcom'

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This is a warning to all my fellow NP'ers about a non-paying member who is also a cheat and a liar.

Lee Hart (aka 'superbowldotcom') posted this request back on the 12th March http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=74802 asking for somebody to help install a directory script on his domain denaspantyraid.com (nice name btw Lee!). Now installaing scripts etc is not my main line of business and something that I do more to help people out. On many occassions I have simply talked to people on MSN/ICQ and walked them through how to do something but in this case Lee was inistent that I do it and he offered to pay $50.

The script I suggested was CPLinks (www.cplinks.com) which is a free script that generates static html pages so it's great for the search engines. It's also a script I've installed maybe 40-50 times over the years.

I installed it vey quickly as it's actually a very easy install as anybody who's ever done it will agree. I even found a hack for him that would make it easier to change the templates as he seemed worried about that.

Well after I'd done it I checked with him that it was ok and he verified it was (I have the complete log files of all our chats, PM's and emails to prove anything I'm saying here). About a day later I noticed that he'd added some link and was obviously testing it out. Still had the default look but I figured he'd get round to changing it eventually. Next time I checked which was about 4-5 days later he'd removed all the links and started to put up odd looking links that seemed to make no sense and he'd obviously started to modify the templates becasue it was screwed and was running off to the right of the screen causing one to scroll horizontally. In short it looked awful.

Here's a portion of the frist chat with Lee after I'd installed it where he's asking for some time to pay me the $50 (this should have been my first warning of what was about to happen).

SteveF: you need to move it to your local machine, then unzip it
Leeroy: ok
Leeroy: do i need to out the unziped file back in or not
SteveF: dont' follow you?
Leeroy: the thing i have just unziped
Leeroy: custom_pages.zip
Leeroy: or just to read the read me
SteveF: you'll need to unzip the whole thing then read the readme.txt, upload the couple of files that are in there and follow the instructions.
Leeroy: ok cheers
SteveF: np
SteveF: You all set now Lee? It's getting kind of late over here and I'll be off to bed soon.
Leeroy: Yeah thanks mate shoule be ok
Leeroy: ill get the money to you wednesday
Leeroy: thanks
SteveF: ok, good luck and if you need me just leave a message ;)

Well to cut a long story short, Wednesday came and went. I tried to contact him via MSN and email for a few days to see if there was something wrong. He didn't reply. Finally after IM's, PM's and a few emails he responded saying he was sorry and would get the cash to me that day. Again no payment was forthcoming. I tried again to get hold of him and finally, after almost 3 weeks of no payment, had to resort to warning him that if he did not pay me the money for the work I had done as agreed I would have to report him to RJ and post a warning.

He came back to me very quickly saying that he was very 'bizzzzzy' (sic) and that I was not the most important thing on his mind and he would pay me when he damn well pleased. That's about the time I involved RJ in this matter.

This is where the story turns laughable. After weeks of promises etc he turns round and tells me that he's NOT paying me! And his reason? Becaue I did a terrible job and the script had numerous errors and caused him to take down his site. Not once in 3 weeks did he ever mention anything about these so-called 'problems'. Why? Because they didn't exist that's why.

This is getting way too long now and if Lee would like to respond I'll have plenty more to say for sure.

[/insult removed]

Thanks for your time.

Steve Fleming (aka LuxInterior)

PS: He's trying to get another sucker in this thread at the moment: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=79504
PPS: You may want to consider putting your real contact details in the whois records for your domain name (http://www.whois.sc/denaspantyraid.com) as it's an offence to do otherwise.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I thought he was a trustable member.

Guess not :|.

Thanks for the warning and it's sad hearing what happened.

True_Snake

•••
Man that stinks! Iam sorry to hear about this luxinterior,Next time have them pay you half down for your work.If they can't afford half down they don't need to have it done at IMO

[/insult removed]

•••
I usually do ask for 50% upfront but for some reason I figured I could be more relaxed when dealing with forum members. The unfortunate thing is this is the second time this has happened to me in the past few weeks. Needless to say I am now asking everybody I do business with for an upfront payment.

Lux

•••
Absolutly half down,I've been scammed by one member here myself luxinterior so don't feel alone my friend.

But i will say this:The moderators here are excellent and very fast at catching these scammers.

Unfortunatly in the case of someone conducting business on a personel level here,Really does'nt apply to this site,However i have a real good feeling that the mods here are keeping good tabs on this type of stuff.So scammers beware!

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the warning Steve and alerting us all of the individual. I'm sorry to hear of the situation and hopefully action will be taken against him and you'll receive some kind of a payment for your work.

•••
Sorry to hear Lux.. must really suck getting ripped of by a member here at Namepros.. :| I never though Lee was the typical guy to ripp you of, but i know i'll stay away from him after reading this ;)

Thanks for the tips and sorry to hear again! :td:

Petter
:music:

•••
There is definitely a lesson to be learned on Lee's part:

He may have gotten away w/o paying but, it's hurt his reputation that will haunt him here indefinitely! So those of you that like to rip people off...BEWARE!

(Question: Admins of this forum trace IPs... complaints should go directly to the scam-artists ISP!)

Lux, we have all learned from this experience you have had, thanks for sharing.

•••
rharpe said:
There is definitely a lesson to be learned on Lee's part:

He may have gotten away w/o paying but, it's hurt his reputation that will haunt him here indefinitely! So those of you that like to rip people off...BEWARE!

(Question: Admins of this forum trace IPs... complaints should go directly to the scam-artists ISP!)

Lux, we have all learned from this experience you have had, thanks for sharing.

There is so much involved,Such as burden of proof,Intent,Ect.The ISPs would take it with a grain of salt IMO.This is just my opinion.I think Namepros should add to thier TOS,If a person is found to be involved in criminal activity within the confines of Namepros.com,Namepros will delete the account of the member or members involved,Without penatly to Namepros.com.Something to that extent.Iam not even sure that this is not in TOS already,Iam fixing to look.But as such a person to violate Namepros intelectual property,Which has been done here recently and is still up.I would delete thier account here.Just MO

•••
man thats a bummer. be thankful it wasn't some physical or "valuable" (like a domain) property that this took place over. (not that your services arent valuable..but at least your not in the negative for this).

I'm pretty usre RJ keeps track of who's who when it matters and wont allow them to make another account to rip others off.

•••
EDIT: Never mind. I should probably stay out of the break room. :red:

Last edited:
•••
I just came across this PM from Lee that he sent after I was forced to politely inform him that I would have to report him to RJ and post a warning if I did not recieve the money he owed me.

Keep in mind this is 11 days after I'd installed the script for him which he later claimed was faulty and caused numerous errors. Does this sound like a guy who's pissed at the service he recieved or rather somebody who thinks they're above playing by the same rules that we, as professionals, try to adhere to?

Hi There,

First of i am a very bizzzzy man, Yes you have done a job for me and you need paying for it. But it is not my top priority at this moment.
If you would like to report me to name pros and post about this please feel free to do so. We are talking about $50 here not $500-5000 I will get the money to you ASAP.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just a FYI

Lux

BTW thanks to all of you for your comments. It's one of those things where it really isn't about the money. It's about WAY more than money. It's about honesty, integrity and professionalism. Words which I'm sure Lee will need to go over to www.dictionary.com to find out what they mean.

Lux

•••
well, thanks for the warning, ill stay away from him then.

•••
•••
Ok i will put my side to you now.

When the agreement was made about the work i stated that payment would be made around 5 days later. When i got the chance to add links to the directory he had done for me i was unable to do much to it as it was giving error messages. So i removed his bad work refused to pay for this botched job as it was not what i asked for.

I am not a scam artist i have done a bit of business here at name pros i have also given two people from name pros jobs http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=79912 I am also looking for a designer http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=79516 this states that i will be paying half up front once a price is agreed. Again will not pay for a bad job and i dont think any one else would.

Thanks

•••
and you didn't even mention anything about these "problems" in the 3 weeks? .... I believe that is your fault.

•••
He was told about this problem around 10 days after. I also removed the site he did. If i was looking to gain out of this i am sure the site would still be up.

•••
Pssst! Hey Lee, check the post a few ones up from your last lie. You'll see that you where still being a lying,arrogant SOB 11 days after I'd installed the script. Jeez you really must learn to think before you start telling lies.

Lux

•••
What did he do after you told him about the problem? Did you let him fix it and not just take the site down without lettting him fix it?

•••
luxinterior said:
Pssst! Hey Lee, check the post a few ones up from your last lie. You'll see that you where still being a lying,arrogant SOB 11 days after I'd installed the script. Jeez you really must learn to think before you start telling lies.

Lux

It is easy for you to say that it was you acting like a d--k over your bad work.

What did he do after you told him about the problem? Did you let him fix it and not just take the site down without lettting him fix it?
I was not going to let him sort it as he had already messed it up once before. As stated to rj i will find some one who is up for the job

•••
Maybe if you had let him sort it out then he would probably do the job right?

•••
As stated above
I was not going to let him sort it as he had already messed it up once before. As stated to rj i will find some one who is up for the job

•••
luxinterior said:

Lux

Regardless of hom emotive you must feel about the situation, please dont use this forum to vent cheap personal insults...

This will only serve to undermine your position.

Good luck to both of you in resolving this unfortunate dispute...

I would also suggest that others, not aware of the facts, do not become embroiled in this issue.....

Jm $0.02 worth

•••
Superbowl, I still don't understand...

You promised to send the payment. Once you've made a promise, (more than once I might add), it's really unfair to turn around and say you won't pay him. If the script wasn't working, why did you ever say you would pay in the first place?

I'm sure Lux would have understood if you told him the script wasn't working a few days after he installed it.

Just out of curiosity, could you post a screenshot of the errors you are getting? Maybe one of us will be able to help.

•••
Kfkm09 said:
Superbowl, I still don't understand...

You promised to send the payment. Once you've made a promise, (more than once I might add), it's really unfair to turn around and say you won't pay him. If the script wasn't working, why did you ever say you would pay in the first place?

I'm sure Lux would have understood if you told him the script wasn't working a few days after he installed it.

Just out of curiosity, could you post a screenshot of the errors you are getting? Maybe one of us will be able to help.

Hi,

I we agreed a price before he did the work. As stated above i didnt even check the work till maybe 5 days later. About the error dont have any screen shots nor can i take any as stated above i removed it due to the fact that it wasnt working.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back