Dynadot

WARNING - Do no do business with 'superbowldotcom'

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This is a warning to all my fellow NP'ers about a non-paying member who is also a cheat and a liar.

Lee Hart (aka 'superbowldotcom') posted this request back on the 12th March http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=74802 asking for somebody to help install a directory script on his domain denaspantyraid.com (nice name btw Lee!). Now installaing scripts etc is not my main line of business and something that I do more to help people out. On many occassions I have simply talked to people on MSN/ICQ and walked them through how to do something but in this case Lee was inistent that I do it and he offered to pay $50.

The script I suggested was CPLinks (www.cplinks.com) which is a free script that generates static html pages so it's great for the search engines. It's also a script I've installed maybe 40-50 times over the years.

I installed it vey quickly as it's actually a very easy install as anybody who's ever done it will agree. I even found a hack for him that would make it easier to change the templates as he seemed worried about that.

Well after I'd done it I checked with him that it was ok and he verified it was (I have the complete log files of all our chats, PM's and emails to prove anything I'm saying here). About a day later I noticed that he'd added some link and was obviously testing it out. Still had the default look but I figured he'd get round to changing it eventually. Next time I checked which was about 4-5 days later he'd removed all the links and started to put up odd looking links that seemed to make no sense and he'd obviously started to modify the templates becasue it was screwed and was running off to the right of the screen causing one to scroll horizontally. In short it looked awful.

Here's a portion of the frist chat with Lee after I'd installed it where he's asking for some time to pay me the $50 (this should have been my first warning of what was about to happen).

SteveF: you need to move it to your local machine, then unzip it
Leeroy: ok
Leeroy: do i need to out the unziped file back in or not
SteveF: dont' follow you?
Leeroy: the thing i have just unziped
Leeroy: custom_pages.zip
Leeroy: or just to read the read me
SteveF: you'll need to unzip the whole thing then read the readme.txt, upload the couple of files that are in there and follow the instructions.
Leeroy: ok cheers
SteveF: np
SteveF: You all set now Lee? It's getting kind of late over here and I'll be off to bed soon.
Leeroy: Yeah thanks mate shoule be ok
Leeroy: ill get the money to you wednesday
Leeroy: thanks
SteveF: ok, good luck and if you need me just leave a message ;)

Well to cut a long story short, Wednesday came and went. I tried to contact him via MSN and email for a few days to see if there was something wrong. He didn't reply. Finally after IM's, PM's and a few emails he responded saying he was sorry and would get the cash to me that day. Again no payment was forthcoming. I tried again to get hold of him and finally, after almost 3 weeks of no payment, had to resort to warning him that if he did not pay me the money for the work I had done as agreed I would have to report him to RJ and post a warning.

He came back to me very quickly saying that he was very 'bizzzzzy' (sic) and that I was not the most important thing on his mind and he would pay me when he damn well pleased. That's about the time I involved RJ in this matter.

This is where the story turns laughable. After weeks of promises etc he turns round and tells me that he's NOT paying me! And his reason? Becaue I did a terrible job and the script had numerous errors and caused him to take down his site. Not once in 3 weeks did he ever mention anything about these so-called 'problems'. Why? Because they didn't exist that's why.

This is getting way too long now and if Lee would like to respond I'll have plenty more to say for sure.

[/insult removed]

Thanks for your time.

Steve Fleming (aka LuxInterior)

PS: He's trying to get another sucker in this thread at the moment: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=79504
PPS: You may want to consider putting your real contact details in the whois records for your domain name (http://www.whois.sc/denaspantyraid.com) as it's an offence to do otherwise.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Badger said:
Sorry bout that, someone told me you had.. Anyway I was trying to explain your position (as i knew it).

If some one does a bad job for me i never ask them to do the same job again.

Sorry man, youre not gonna get a lot of sympathy with that comment... :oops:[/QUOTE]

h
No problem.. To be honest i am not looking for sympathy form any one here.

Alright how about I install the same exact script for you and after I install it, you pay him for the work I did? I think this will solve the whole problem and everyone comes out happy at the end.

?? Why would i pay him for your work ? He is then getting m,oney for nothing !!! No wait he is getting money from m,essing up a job lol. And after all this as well i think not. Thanks for the offer tho

•••
Alright here's a counter offer if you don't think that's right, send me the $50 and the details for where you want it installed and I'll install it, and if I decide I want to send him the money I will (minus paypal fees I incur).

I'm just trying to help you out, it's up to you. I'm just giving you the opportunity to not look bad in everyone's eyes.

•••
If he installs the same script and works with you on this project to make it the way you want it,You are saying your not willing to do this? Somethings not right here then,The man has offered to do the work you requested over again,And to work with you on this project to make things square.

•••
superbowldotcom said:
?? Why would i pay him for your work ? He is then getting money for nothing !!! No wait he is getting money from messing up a job lol. And after all this as well i think not. Thanks for the offer tho

WHAT...??

Come on, whats the deal... Ive taken you as being a fair and honest guy Lee, dont let me down.....

•••
Badger said:
WHAT...??

Come on, whats the deal... Ive taken you as being a fair and honest guy Lee, dont let me down.....

I am a very fair guy i i have stated before i have given members of name pros a job starting on monday. I will get the script dont form some one who has not posted nor had any influence in this as i know the money will get going to the guy who messed it up in the first place. It is simple the damage has been done here by this being posted so it dosent realy matter what happens. Words are remembered I will get an instalation done by some one who has had no influence. So please dont try to look like you are helping me out when it is him you are trying to help. I am ok on my own.

Thanks,

Lee

•••
Just to get it straight. Now the most important thing to you is not whether the job is done or not seeing as due12000 would install it, but you're more concerned with being spiteful and not letting luxinterior profit from a job he did. My .02 are that unfortunantly you are ruining your reputation, which is one of the most important factors in the domain business. Good luck in the future is my best advice -_-

•••
OK.
-RJ-, let's discuss. PM sent..

•••
Well I for one will never go near anything that involves superbowldotcom.

•••
I might offer the suggestion that discussions between 2 parties levying heavy accusations on each other be conducted by PM.
Aside from that, best of luck to all involved.
-Allan

•••
I agree Allan. Far more than enough time and brain power has been spent here for a resolution to have occurred.This thread is dangerously close to being closed, after some final thoughts and an explanation of the actions taken are posted. 8-X It is important to air these issues out- there is some benefit in a larger sense, but I'm really starting to get peeved and more than a little diappointed that so much attention has been given to this matter, and no tangible results can be seen.- Yet...

Last edited:
•••
domain.addict said:
Just to get it straight. Now the most important thing to you is not whether the job is done or not seeing as due12000 would install it, but you're more concerned with being spiteful and not letting luxinterior profit from a job he did. My .02 are that unfortunantly you are ruining your reputation, which is one of the most important factors in the domain business. Good luck in the future is my best advice -_-

The guy messed the job up i am not being spiteful he did a shit job and dose not deserve paying. I am getting quite sick of all this now and this will be my last post about this.

ZuraX Well I for one will never go near anything that involves superbowldotcom.
You couldnt afford the names we have for sale.

My .02 are that unfortunantly you are ruining your reputation, which is one of the most important factors in the domain business

How can i be ruining my reputation this is just a forum it is not real life i dont care what people think of my. All you seem to be trying to sort out and defend the guy who messed the job up which i find quite funny.

I will get some one to install this script for me and i will pay them for the job unless the make a cock up.

This has been an interesting discussion but i have grown tired of it. This will not affect my business in the slightest. I do respect the board admin for allowing this to go on itwas bold and i will take half of the blame here as i should have inspected the job when it was done not X number of days after and i agree this could have been sorted out by simply letting him reinstall. But the fact is he did a bad job the first time so imo it is better to get some one else to do it and move on.

Thanks,

Lee

•••
I wouldnt want any domain you have. LOL
I dont see why we need someone like this at NP. RJ please consider removing this "person".

•••
ZuraX said:
I wouldnt want any domain you have. LOL
I dont see why we need someone like this at NP. RJ please consider removing this "person".

Consider removing me because i will stand up for my self. I have done nothing wrong. There are to may people gtting involved here and pushing there nose in. Hell all you need to do if you feel so strong is just dont buy/sell anything to me quite simple when you think about it.

•••
superbowldotcom said:
Consider removing me because i will stand up for my self. I have done nothing wrong.

Unfortunately, disputes involving contract law come down to 'offer, acceptance and cosideration' - which this contract contained.

What then would come into question would be one party not fulfilling their obligation to the contract and what they did to mitigate or resolve 'what it was' they were unhappy about in said contract..

I can tell you, categorically, that if this issue came to court (a small claims court in the UK) then the fact that the other party in this dispute believed in good faith that they had upheld their end of the bargain and was unaware of your unhappiness with his 'service' then you would lose and be ordered to pay..

Simply saying you did nothing wrong is untrue.. The fact that you negated to explain to the other party that you were unhappy with the service he performed makes you liable to uphold your part of the contract. In this case the money you promised to pay him...

•••
Removal is in fact being considered, but not because you stand up for yourself. If that were our policy, there would be a lot more people banned from NP, Zurax included :p.

After examining all the facts, I believe that this is a case of either buyer's remorse (changing his mind), or inability to pay. Unfortunately, luxinterior lost in time wasted. Fortunately, it was only over $50, not a few hundred.

I'm now closing this thread. If anyone else wants to put a word in, then PM me.

•••
i will take half of the blame here as i should have inspected the job when it was done not X number of days after and i agree this could have been sorted out by simply letting him reinstall. But the fact is he did a bad job the first time so imo it is better to get some one else to do it and move on.

I understand that i have not gone about this the right way. But the fact still stands that he did a bad job so i didnt pay him.

•••
well the discussions are clear..both parties have expressed their feelings!!..

chose carefully whom you do business with in the future at your own risk!!;)!!

•••
I dont think askin him to be removed is fair. while I don't know all the circumstances here (since there seems to be more going on behind the scenes)...

I think, firstly... he should have paid. however, if he isn't using the installed stuff.. and it truly wasn't much effort by Lux to install it.. perhaps both should walk away.

sometimes walking away takes more character than standing.
Lord knows this thread isn't doing anyones reputation any good.

Perhaps pay half? I know you dont feel you got what you wanted.. and it's obvious Lux feels he did his job.. but if you add this up onto an hourly basis that you've put into this in thought and discussion... arent you way way below minimum wage by now? Many people here stand behind Lux because we like and trust him...except for his stinky feet (can someone PLEASE buy him new socks already!)... so that should say alot about the faithfulness in him saying to you that he has done what he felt was agreed upon.

•••
After examining all the facts, I believe that this is a case of either buyer's remorse (changing his mind), or inability to pay. Unfortunately, luxinterior lost in time wasted. Fortunately, it was only over $50, not a few hundred

armstrong this is not a case of the buyer (changing his mind), or inability to pay it a simple case of bad work. After all what is $50 in the uk its only like 20 or something. As stated it all comes down to the work not money.

•••
after a final deliberation among NP staff, it has been unanimously decided that superbowldotcom is to be permanently banned, for the following reasons:

- as documented in this thread, his failure to pay for contracted work after repeated promises to do so; finally about two weeks after the project, he copped out of payment by claiming for the first time that there were problems with the install; no proof of the problems were presented
- superbowldotcom is actually previously-banned member Leeroy. He is also the kid brother of Ethan103, who was likewise banned for shady deals and close association with other banned members Busedo and JFreeden.

Case closed. Sayonara, superbowldotcom.

•••
whoa...

maybe they can set up some type of script to identify IP's that are close to known scammers here that alert admins when an account is made.. if no more than to keep an eye on them?

•••
Excellent work Namepros admin and mods!

Scammers Are Scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
•••
armstrong said:
Case closed. Sayonara, superbowldotcom.

Nice work Mods ~ :tu:

LeeRyder said:
whoa...

maybe they can set up some type of script to identify IP's that are close to known scammers here that alert admins when an account is made.. if no more than to keep an eye on them?

Probably not a bad idea ~ Folks may accuse them of IP Profiling though :D

•••
Thanks Armstrong and RJ.

Lux

•••
Good job, armstrong :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back