IT.COM

w-o-r-d-s .com domains, who has them or is buying them and why...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I didn't want to start this but if people are buying there must be a value so lets discuss. I was reading in appraisals someone asking about some w-o-r-d with hyphens and was getting ripped apart- all replies when I read it was reg fee/lower than reg reg etc.

What motivated me was snap had listed in their "most active" email n-a-v-y.com $30.00. I have been watching and a lot have been not even getting to live auctions($60) ex- c-o-u-n-t-r-y q-a-t-a-r ... I have only 2 and I grabbed them as I am not looking for type-ins but they can be brandable and I like to have a bit of everything in my portfolio.

f-a-s-h-i-o-n
b-a-n-k-i-n-g

Alright, rip away, Gary.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I booked following two domains.

M-O-T-H-E-R.COM AND F-A-T-H-E-R.COM

The first one is functional site Mothers Day Gift Ideas

First four pages are functional and I am in process of adding more pages. Hope by Mothers day it clicks.

I created this site for mothers day.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
nuke007 said:
I booked following two domains.

M-O-T-H-E-R.COM AND F-A-T-H-E-R.COM

The first one is functional site Mothers Day Gift Ideas

First four pages are functional and I am in process of adding more pages. Hope by Mothers day it clicks.

I created this site for mothers day.

Thanks

Where did you acquire these? Nice ones and good luck with developing them. Keep us updated on traffic stats please (very interested in type-ins and SE placement).

thanks, gary.

•••
buckshotdots said:
Thanks for adding something useful to the discussion....

Did you see how much my s-l-o-t made (above)?

If almost all w-o-r-d-s are regged, there must be a reason. Can people start posting their own traffic stats for these domains?

Heres the ones I have making rev last month:

a-t-t-o-r-n-e-y 35 5 $67.71 14.29% $0.47 $2.37
n-y-p-d 7 1 $121.43 14.29% $0.85 $0.85
a-r-c-h-i-t-e-c-t 19 8 $33.68 42.11% $0.08 $0.64
w-o-m-a-n 7 3 $44.29 42.86% $0.10 $0.31
a-c-u-p-u-n-c-t-u-r-e 6 2 $46.67 33.33% $0.14 $0.28
p-u-r-c-h-a-s-i-n-g 11 2 $19.09 18.18% $0.11 $0.21
c-e-l-e-b-r-i-t-y 15 4 $11.33 26.67% $0.04 $0.17

thanks, g-
Thats a nice stat, Gery. Especially the slot :)

Kurniawan.

•••
What about hypen(s) between syllables such as

mo-ney
mar-ket
,etc

Do they worth something?

•••
Frank seems to have owned l-o-v-e.com since 2001. Does anyone know if Kevin Ham has any as well? Thanks to OP for this thread.

•••
Anyone holding kind of domains, keywords separated double hyphen?
Today i have done a research, most of them are taken still I got few like

Reverse--Mortgages.com
Sports--Car.com, sports--cars.com registered on 2005

Reverse-Mortgages & Reverse--Mortgages giving almost same search result

What you guys think

•••
buckshotdots said:
Where did you acquire these? Nice ones and good luck with developing them. Keep us updated on traffic stats please (very interested in type-ins and SE placement).

thanks, gary.

Ok, I will post group about devlopments in regard to M-O-T-H-E-R.com. How whould I check what type-in's are coming?

thanks

Last edited:
•••
nuke007 said:
Ok, I will post group about devlopments in regard to M-O-T-H-E-R.com. How whould I check what type-in's are coming?

thanks

I guess any free counter- google and find one that provides full traffic info. Also google analytics is great.

g-

ps- I have no experience with keyword--keyword so you will have to educate us with parking stats here (which are welcomed!).

Same with domains like din-ner / res-ted etc.

Paddy said:
Frank seems to have owned l-o-v-e.com since 2001. Does anyone know if Kevin Ham has any as well? Thanks to OP for this thread.

Welcome :) , just trying to find out as much info on these as I can. Also if anyone sees any sales, please post them. I think the highest sale I have come across was g-o-l-d (price above).

•••

Last edited:
•••
I just got
c-l-i-c-k-s
.com

Surprised it was there

•••
OK, finshed writing content for m-o-t-h-e-r.com. Already submitted few articles to EINE. One of the article has been published. Google has also index few pages for this site. Hope to see some money trickling for this site, will update.
Thanks

•••
ballisticjoe said:
I just got
c-l-i-c-k-s
.com

Surprised it was there
Does it receive some type in traffic?

- Kurniawan.

•••
So far Google has not indexed 'm-o-t-h-e-r.com', even though one article is in subscription from EZINE. Used Google analytic, so far only few visitors from direct traffic. Need advise how to derive traffic traffic for this site.
Thanks

•••
I have a bunch of L-L-L.com words

•••
I am selling H-A-T-E.com now on eBay. Got a few bids. It's a good name, but not sure what kind of site someone would put on there. Hate.info has a site and it's a blog.

I'll probably get some more of these since people are interested in them.

•••
Keynes said:
Everyone should know that these can only be SEOed if the terms between hyphens run naturally. That means, for example, G-A-M-E-S.com can only SEO for the search "G A M E S" (and nobody searches for this) and not for anything related to "Games". Just FYI.

I had thought this also, but when I did a Google search of hate.com ebay I found that Google had made the h-a-t-e.com into hate.com. Or in another search of hate.com ebay llll the results show a namepros thread here with the correct H-A-T-E.com spelling. Interesting.

By the way, this word sold for just $12.50. haha.

•••
I have " h-o-me.com " . I regged it about 6-7 months ago and I forgot that I own this one until I found this thread.

•••
Sorry Posted in wrong place...

•••
timphelan said:
I had thought this also, but when I did a Google search of hate.com ebay I found that Google had made the h-a-t-e.com into hate.com. Or in another search of hate.com ebay llll the results show a namepros thread here with the correct H-A-T-E.com spelling. Interesting.

By the way, this word sold for just $12.50. haha.
Nice. You got profit anyway :tu:

- Kurniawan

•••
•••
•••
rcep said:
i think its cheap for free.com
Anyways it’s really nice to see such sales. There is any reported sale on 4+ letter hyphen domains other than this?.

I’m also looking forward to sell some of my hyphen domains

•••
•••
There is a shocking waste of money on display in this thread.

•••
Smith said:
There is a shocking waste of money on display in this thread.

Thanks for adding something constructive to this thread.

Again, this thread is for people to post their info on w-o-r-d-s. Not to pump them up to sell as when this thread was started most were already taken and even top domainers had them in their portfolios and I was wondering why AND could not find any info on them. I started this to ask the question why? Are they easy to get good google ranking with seo as google see them the same way? Also to see who owned them here and if they were making money parking them. Thanks to everyone so far for taking the time to educate me on this little known genre.

regards, gary.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back