NameSilo

w-o-r-d-s .com domains, who has them or is buying them and why...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I didn't want to start this but if people are buying there must be a value so lets discuss. I was reading in appraisals someone asking about some w-o-r-d with hyphens and was getting ripped apart- all replies when I read it was reg fee/lower than reg reg etc.

What motivated me was snap had listed in their "most active" email n-a-v-y.com $30.00. I have been watching and a lot have been not even getting to live auctions($60) ex- c-o-u-n-t-r-y q-a-t-a-r ... I have only 2 and I grabbed them as I am not looking for type-ins but they can be brandable and I like to have a bit of everything in my portfolio.

f-a-s-h-i-o-n
b-a-n-k-i-n-g

Alright, rip away, Gary.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just have a few l-l-l .coms and o-n-e.info

I didnt wanna feel left out :)

•••
likepeas said:
if people can do W-O-R-D than why not LL-LL which could also make the word.
There are no rules :) in this hyphen-speculation world. I have noticed a few people talking about their LL-LL's but I do not have any. I guess its all about being brandable and just plain easy to remember. I would love to have ca-sh. domain wise and literally.

gary-

damn this Hendrick's Gin is smooth :)

•••
buckshotdots said:
I have d-o-t.info :) I Like short for other extensions (non .com's) or great seo keywords like below quote L-O-A-N . org better....

Are any getting traffic?
Most of them are newly reg domains, not getting much traffic.

I think abbreviations make better sense than words

like C-D-M-A, B-P-O, F-M-C-G than L-O-A-N or F-L-O-W-E-R

•••
Made over a buck last week and 20 uniques with a-p-r-i-l.com

g-

•••
Just picked up s-l-o-t.com . Will have to do some seo and see what happens.

g-

•••
I picked up m-e-s-o-t-h-e-l-i-o-m-a.com and r-e-f-i-n-a-n-c-i-n-g.com. I'm going to go search for some shorter ones now, but those are some of the highest paying keywords. Curious how Google will treat them, lol :)

Last edited:
•••
idevlabs said:
I picked up m-e-s-o-t-h-e-l-i-o-m-a.com and r-e-f-i-n-a-n-c-i-n-g.com. I'm going to go search for some shorter ones now, but those are some of the highest paying keywords. Curious how Google will treat them, lol :)

Very nice, keep us updated with stats. Will you be putting up mini sites or parking?

g-

•••
buckshotdots said:
Very nice, keep us updated with stats. Will you be putting up mini sites or parking?
I'm going to put up minisites and optimize the heck out of em and see if I can rank. I'm just doing this as an experiment, but it'd be neat if I could actually get them high in the SERPS.

Last edited:
•••
I have a few now,

i-o-w-n.com/.net/.info
n-o-o-n.com
d-a-y-s.com
m-u-m-s.com
etc..

I will try monetising them but will look towards selling them.

•••
Very happy with the 2 I picked up this week. I think these will be on the top of my New Years list for doing a mini-site and some seo on.

m-o-r-t-g-a-g-e-s.com
a-t-t-o-r-n-e-y.com

gary-

•••
buckshotdots said:
I didn't want to start this but if people are buying there must be a value so lets discuss.

it's a suckers market, just for newbies to be pried of their cash.

if you start buying all the -l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l- bull , then you better be buying the --l-l=l-lpl-l-l-l-l0l typos of those words too.

•••
biggie said:

S-A-N-T-A-C-L-A-U-S.COM

Registrant: Rick Schwartz

•••
- me - said:
S-A-N-T-A-C-L-A-U-S.COM

:bingo:

•••
biggie said:

if you start buying all the -l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l- bull , then you better be buying the --l-l=l-lpl-l-l-l-l0l typos of those words too.

rick schwartz no longer lists his domains for 'security' on site, but heres his list from archive:
http://web.archive.org/web/20021017...com/domains.htm

Very interesting to read and here are a few w-o-r-d-s he owns, people can decide if he is a "sucker" or not.

D-I-A-M-O-N-D-S
A-I-R-F-A-R-E-S
D-A-T-E-S.COM
A-M-A-T-E-U-R.COM
A-S-T-R-O-L-O-G-Y.COM
D-I-V-O-R-C-E.COM
B-A-R-G-A-I-N-S
B-E-D-S
B-E-T
B-U-Y-C-A-R-S
B-U-Y-G-I-F-T-S
F-O-R-S-A-L-E

Too many to list them all but click on the link for full list.

regards, G.

•••
Just picked up M-o-b-i-l-e.com :)

Someone let it drop this month.

•••
i have a few

r-o-b-o.com
s-h-a-r-e-s.com
r-e-p-a-i-r.com
a-u-t-o.info
p-e-t.info
j-o-b.info

•••
Could not resist getting U-S*co.in and U-S-A*in

•••
- me - said:
S-A-N-T-A-C-L-A-U-S.COM

the majority of you ain't got the kind of money, that rick got to blow on domains or anything else.

but keep regging this crap...it only makes my domains more valuable

•••
biggie said:
the majority of you ain't got the kind of money, that rick got to blow on domains or anything else.

YOuknow I just started this thread to get a discussion going about w-o-r-d-s and seo and any info that people might like to add. I also found it interesting that most english words are already gone. I have reg'd some nice keywords just to find out.

Its funny as well as people said the same thing for L-L-L and look how that has taken off. ANd as long as you are spending less then 10% on spec domains for your portfolio there is nothing wrong with that and money professionals actually encourage it.

As for "ain't go the money" - retired at 35 :)

merry xmas, Gary.

•••
biggie said:
So because we aren't millionaires we can't speculate at all? I can understand skepticism... but you don't have to be so darn bitter about it. To date I haven't seen you give any evidence that this won't work from an SEO standpoint.

Also, I don't really see how some people regging hyphenated keywords is going to increase the value of your portfolio :-/

•••
biggie said:

Jealousy always brings out the blue in your eyes. :hehe:

I think I do have the 'kind of money to blow on' names like M-O-B-I-L-E.com... (even if it makes HipHopProductions.com?) more valuable. LOL

•••
DomainRaiders.com said:
Also, I don't really see how some people regging hyphenated keywords is going to increase the value of your portfolio :-/

If by developing a w-o-r-d (I think I will try and develop/mini site a-t-t-o-r-n-e-y) and if it starts making rev, it will add value of my portfolio. I believe if this does work and they are seo friendly -we need proof first- then it will show value to these w-o-r-d-s.

This almost has to be done backwards, as it doesn't matter if all are gone/registered. We need hard proof of them making revenue and past sales.

I only have a few so my motives for this thread are good. This was just to find out other people's thoughts and see if anyone had past exp with them. I am in no way trying to pump up the value of these. If anything since most are regged talking about this will benefit all those past people that have registered them.

Thanks for your thoughts, Gary.

EDIT: Actually just checked my parked account-
s-l-o-t com 2 6 $625.00 300.00% $0.21 $1.25
better then a kick in the pants...

Last edited:
•••
i bought g-a-m-b-l-e.info few days ago.

•••
likepeas said:
i bought g-a-m-b-l-e.info few days ago.

Nice, park that bad boy and report back :)

g-

•••
ownthisdomainnow said:
Jealousy always brings out the blue in your eyes. :hehe:

I think I do have the 'kind of money to blow on' names like M-O-B-I-L-E.com... (even if it makes HipHopProductions.com?) more valuable. LOL

hmmm

i like this :)
at least you're looking at what i got and trying to make some comparisons.

BTW:that name has averaged $0.74 per click for 16 months at Sedo.

Bid Thread for hiphopproductions.com:

Date: Bidding: Offer:

08/26/07 Your Desired Price: Make Offer

08/26/07 Buyer´s Offer: 1,000 USD

08/27/07 Your Counter Offer: 6,500 USD

09/10/07 Buyer´s Offer: 3,000 USD

Keep looking ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back