Dynadot

news Verisign .COM Price Increase August 31st

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
On September 1st, 2023 Verisign, which manages the .COM registry will be increasing wholesale prices for .COM domains. As a result, we need to increase the price of Premium Discount Domain Club .COM domain names from $9.45 to $10.25 to account for this change. This new price will be effective on August 31, 2023 at 19:00 UTC for registrations, renewals, and transfers. As always with DDC, our rates are consistent, and we do not charge more for renewals after the first year. We wanted to give you advance notice of this upcoming change, so you can plan accordingly.

Thank you for being a loyal Discount Domain Club member, and we look forward to providing you with the best everyday savings up to 60% on over 400 TLDs. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On September 1st, 2023 Verisign, which manages the .COM registry will be increasing wholesale prices for .COM domains. As a result, we need to increase the price of Premium Discount Domain Club .COM domain names from $9.45 to $10.25 to account for this change. This new price will be effective on August 31, 2023 at 19:00 UTC for registrations, renewals, and transfers. As always with DDC, our rates are consistent, and we do not charge more for renewals after the first year. We wanted to give you advance notice of this upcoming change, so you can plan accordingly.

Thank you for being a loyal Discount Domain Club member, and we look forward to providing you with the best everyday savings up to 60% on over 400 TLDs. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Current .COM wholesale - $8.97

Current .COM DDC - $9.45

$0.48 difference.

New .COM wholesale - $9.59

New .COM DDC - $10.25

$0.66 difference.

GoDaddy raised their price $0.80 to cover a $0.62 price increase.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Current .COM DDC - $9.45

$0.48 difference.

New .COM DDC - $10.25

$0.66 difference.

Brad
Does the wholesale price include the $0.18 ICANN fee?
Obviously, the registrar is going to have a small 3% (or less) payment processing fee cost, but you are correct GoDaddy is INCREASING their profit on .com TLDs.

If this was the "normal" rate they charged customers I wouldn't mind.
HOWEVER, DDC is a SUBSCRIPTION service that costs an extra $20/month and having those rates include increasing profitability for GD seems unreasonable. To be blunt, DDC never has been a "great" value for domainers, unless someone is buying a bunch of expired domains from GD and needs the required "renewal" discount.

•••

Current .COM DDC - $9.45

$0.48 difference.

New .COM DDC - $10.25

$0.66 difference.

Brad

GoDaddy's $0.80 markup is reasonable imo, it's Verisign that is the problem. They have a monopoly to print money, it's ridiculous that ICANN approved them for multiple 7%/year price increases.

Last edited:
•••
Does the wholesale price include the $0.18 ICANN fee?
No. The ICANN fee is on top of the registration fee.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Namesilo:

Important Change: price increase for .COM domains​

We have been informed that Verisign will be increasing prices for .COM domains starting on September 1, 2023. This means that, unfortunately, NameSilo will need to do the same. We are contacting you because you have active or expired .COM domain(s) in your account.

There is still time to take advantage of the current lower prices by renewing your existing domains for multiple years and registering any new .COM names before September 1st. You can disregard this email if you have already renewed your domain(s) recently.

Take advantage of lower rates by signing up for our Discount Program. Save on your .COM domain registrations and renewals, as well as across all our supported domain extensions.

NEW Discount Program Pricing for .COM (active account domains)

| 0+ | 100+ | 500+ | 1000+ | 2500+ | 5000+ |

Price: | $11.95 | $10.40 | $10.30 | $10.20 | $10.10 | $10.00 |

Our new prices for .COM domain(s) will be as follows:

1 - 49 domains in one order: $13.95 USD/domain (current price: $10.95)

50- 100 domains in one order: $13.65 USD/domain (current price: $10.75)

101- 500 domains in one order: $13.35 USD/domain (current price: $10.55)

Renewal:
$13.95 USD/year

Mitigation:

1. We are advising you renew all the .COM domain(s) you wish to keep before September 1st in order to renew at the current prices. You can renew your domains for multiple years to lock in the lower price.

2. Sign up now for our Discount Program to start saving even more on your registrations and renewals here.

*Please note that the max age for .COM domain(s) is 10 years, therefore, you can renew them today up to 2033.

If you have any questions, please contact us at support @namesilo.com.

Best Regards,
NameSilo Support Team

Last edited:
•••
Namesilo:

Important Change: price increase for .COM domains​

We have been informed that Verisign will be increasing prices for .COM domains starting on September 1, 2023. This means that, unfortunately, NameSilo will need to do the same. We are contacting you because you have active or expired .COM domain(s) in your account.

There is still time to take advantage of the current lower prices by renewing your existing domains for multiple years and registering any new .COM names before September 1st. You can disregard this email if you have already renewed your domain(s) recently.

Take advantage of lower rates by signing up for our Discount Program. Save on your .COM domain registrations and renewals, as well as across all our supported domain extensions.

Renewal:
$13.95 USD/year

Mitigation:

1. We are advising you renew all the .COM domain(s) you wish to keep before September 1st in order to renew at the current prices. You can renew your domains for multiple years to lock in the lower price.

2. Sign up now for our Discount Program to start saving even more on your registrations and renewals here.

*Please note that the max age for .COM domain(s) is 10 years, therefore, you can renew them today up to 2033.

If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].

Best Regards,
NameSilo Support Team
The normal registration prices are going up substantially, but I broke down the numbers for their "discount program" in another thread.

Outside the first tier, all the other tiers go up by a lower percentage than the 7% .COM price increase.

Let's break down the numbers.

Current Pricing -

ADUM: | 0+ | 100+ | 500+ | 1000+ | 2500+ | 5000+ |
Price: | $10.75 | $10.35 | $9.95 | $9.75 | $9.55 | $9.35|

New Pricing -

ADUM:

Total Increase by tier -

ADUM:
Price: | $1.20| $0.05 | $0.35| $0.45 | $0.55 | $0.65 |

Percentage increase by tier -

ADUM:
Price: | 10.6%| 0.48% | 3.5%| 4.5% | 5.6% | 6.7%|

•••
The normal registration prices are going up substantially, but I broke down the numbers for their "discount program" in another thread.

Outside the first tier, all the other tiers go up by a lower percentage than the 7% .COM price increase.
That's good info Brad, thanks (y)

•••

Plus Namsiio Includeds ICANN fees.

Last edited:
•••
For the sake of completness, what would be the new retail price @ godaddy?
@GoDaddy

•••
It's time to take advantage of registrars that offer good service and good discounts for transfers. Of course, eventually, renewals will creep in. One should trim their portfolios and increase their asking prices as every $0.01 counts.

•••
Namesilo:

Renewal:
$13.95 USD/year
Is the renewal price for 100+ @ $10.40 correct? @namesilo can you confirm

I have a small portfolio of ~50 domains with Namesilo, increase from current 10.75 to 11.95 pinches a bit. Any alternate registrar to consider?

•••
Is the renewal price for 100+ @ $10.40 correct? @namesilo can you confirm

I have a small portfolio of ~50 domains with Namesilo, increase from current 10.75 to 11.95 pinches a bit. Any alternate registrar to consider?
Correct! At 100+ active domains, you will be able to renew your domains at $10.40. If you're having trouble hitting that requirement, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we'll do our best to work with you on a long-term solution.

•••
Correct! At 100+ active domains, you will be able to renew your domains at $10.40. If you're having trouble hitting that requirement, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we'll do our best to work with you on a long-term solution.
Are you saying your renewal price will be $10.40 starting Sept 1st for discount club with 100+ domain tier? I emailed support and they refused to tell me what the renewal price will be increasing to starting Sept 1st.

Last edited:
•••
Are you saying your renewal price will be $10.40 starting Sept 1st for discount club with 100+ domain tier? I emailed support and they refused to tell me what the renewal price will be increasing to starting Sept 1st.
Apologies for any confusion or miscommunication from our team.

To clarify, yes, the 100+ tier members of our Discount Program will receive $10.40 .COM renewals post Sept 1st. Our .COM renewal prices match our .COM registration prices, excluding any special promotions.

•••
Apologies for any confusion or miscommunication from our team.

To clarify, yes, the 100+ tier members of our Discount Program will receive $10.40 .COM renewals post Sept 1st. Our .COM renewal prices match our .COM registration prices, excluding any special promotions.
Thank you for the clarification.

•••
Kind of good news for GoDaddy DDC holders:
You wont see a price increase until your DDC expires and gets renewed again...

I guess under a contactual obligation.

•••
Kind of good news for GoDaddy DDC holders:
You wont see a price increase until your DDC expires and gets renewed again...

I guess under a contactual obligation.

You sure about this? I'm being told the price changes today at 3pm Arizona time.

Last edited:
•••
You sure about this? I'm being told the price changes today at 3pm Arizona time.
Told to me by a GD rep just today

For members of DDC premium (not sure what they meant by premium)
@JamesIles, can you confirm?

Last edited:
•••
"If you have the Premium Domain Discount Club, yes the renewal for .com will be $9.45 plus .18 cent ICANN fee which 1 year registration cost will be $9.63. This will be your pricing on .com domains until the club expiration date."
Horse's mouth.

•••
Reached out to the support... however wasn't offered anything long term.. same 11.95 for renewal.

I have renewed a bunch before 31st Aug at old price. Do have time to look for alternates that offer better renewal. Any suggestions? SAV or porkbun?

•••
First of all apologies for not clarifying GoDaddy's error in a timely manner, I asked Godaddy NP Rep to clarify their mistake (over a week ago) here in the same post but apparently he is very busy...

Attached is the information I received (none of the 4 reps I spoke to via phone, '3 in Asia 1 in the U.S' knew of the change at all, nor the person that approached via text message after the 4 calls)

I didn't renew about a 100 domains I was planning to since the price wasn't changing.

Again sorry if some of you relied in this wrong infromation supplied by GoDaddy and lost on the opportunity of a cheaper renewal, all I hope is GoDaddy "Big Company cultural problems' don't permeate to Afternic.

Sheesh

see attach. (Aug 31st 2023)

Attachments

• IMG_6818.jpg
    IMG_6818.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
•••
Dynadot is $10.45 for .com renewals with Bulk pricing.

Easy to hit $500 and you don't need to prefund.

Super Bulk is $10.19 for .com.

@Dynadot

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back