IT.COM

Verify Domain Age Via Whois for Domains on GoDaddy Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

I have noticed that some "aged" domains on Godaddy auction are, in fact, not as old as stated, for example,

ashianaunited [dawt] com

If you do a search on TDNAM, this domain (NOT an expiring domain) is categorized as an aged domain (I went up to 19 years--then I got suspicious).

Always verify via WHOIS!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Use GoDaddy Whois to do the verification because it will show the correct expiry date. If you use a 3rd party whois, which only checks the registry whois, you often find there is one year added to the expiry date because the domain is automatically renewed between the Registry and Registrar, but has not actually been renewed by the owner. The domain stays in this dual date state until expiry plus 45 days, when GoDaddy release the domain back to the registry and request a refund.

•••

Stub,

I'm not talking about expiration dates here, but about actual domain age of expiring domains.

For example, on TDNAM, on its advanced platform, you can filter domains according to age. In other words, if you want to view .com domains 15 years and older, you can sort and view them that way.

Anyway, when I used the filter, ashianaunited [dawt] com showed up in a list of domains 15+ years old, but, in fact, it is only 3 1/2 years old.

I don't know if this is just a glitch or if the seller has "fibbed."

What I'm saying: just be cautious when bidding on what you think are aged domains.

Always verify actual domain age via whois.

•••
OK Yep. There are many glitches in Godaddy Auctions. This may be one of them. I think it's always advisable to verify via the whois, GoDaddy's Whois.

•••
I would also recommend to use different whois websites to make sure that the results are consistent in all of them.

•••

Good idea.

Perhaps check the Whois where the domain resides.

I would also recommend to use different whois websites to make sure that the results are consistent in all of them.

•••
I always filter for that Ms.Domainer,so these are out of whack ? I have checked a few but never checked each one, now that you mentioned it guess I got to do that. Thank you for the info.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back