NameSilo

Vegan Debate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

En

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Do we have any vegans at NamePros?

Anyone want to debate why they believe they have the right to enslave, manipulate, force, bully into submission, and send innocent gentle animals to a slaughterhouse full of uneducated employees that have a career in mass murder?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
but I was born in germany which happens not to be a poor country
so I had the priviledge to think about that matter a lot

I hate the fact that I do still eat animals
that had a bad life
as it takes a lot of effort / time if I would avoid it totally

the reason is that its not supported by the society in such a manner
that it would be a normal procedure

so the first thing to be changed is the public awareness
in order to create a general mood that would make it normal
to respect other living creatures the way they deserve it

Again, born in anywhere, or in your case, a rich country does not make you more prepared to decide what is right or not right for anyone, in fact, from your comfortable chair you may have a very short vision of reality, circumstances and an infinite number of factors of many people, for example, hunger.

I was born in a country torn apart by communism and dictatorship, Luckily, my family is half French, but I knew hunger, and all these circumstances

Last edited:
•••
Again, born in anywhere, or in your case, a rich country does not make you more prepared to decide what is right or not right for anyone, in fact, from your comfortable chair you may have a very short vision of reality, circumstances and an infinite number of factors of many people, for example, hunger.

I was born in a country torn apart by communism and dictatorship, Luckily, my family is half French, but I knew hunger, and all these circumstances

sorry,

but I don't think
any of the vegetarian / vegan supporters here
would condemn somebody who eats whatever is availabe
to be able to survive in an emergency situation

I don't

•••
sorry,

but I don't think
any of the vegetarian / vegan supporters here
would condemn somebody who eats whatever is availabe
to be able to survive in an emergency situation

I don't

That's a fantastic point-

Would the vegetarians/vegans posting here choose to starve to death if there was nothing to eat but meat? Is veganism a choice because it can be a choice? Would vegans actually choose suicide over meat eating?

Very curious to know how vegans feel about this.

•••
If you think you aren't killing living things all day long, you're nuts. Just to put it in perspective, there are thousands of mites living just in your eyebrows alone.

there are billions of bacteria in your colon

they are eating you
obviously no vegaterians

thats really not the point here

for me its about :
torturing sensible inteligent creatures for as long as they live
and then kill them more or less fast and "painless"
-actually they are very much afraid and feel fear as much as you would-
and then eat them
without urge and without having no alternatives
for the short joy of " but I like the taste "
which I think is disgusting

•••
A single mother of 4 who is working two jobs and has no idea about nutrition is not likely to stop getting cheap dinners from Mcd's. She just doesn't have the time or the knowledge of how to shop efficiently and cook healthfully.

I don't disagree at all but this is the brokenness we need to fix. It's a myth that you can't eat fast, healthy and cheap (and - as demand for meatless options increase, competition will as well, which will drive costs down further). As a matter of fact I save a lot of money leaving meat out of my meals and I can tell you it's getting better all the time. When I first started which wasn't that long ago (5 years), alternatives were expensive and difficult to find. Over the past few years there's been a huge spike in availability and this is only going to get better in time.

•••
Anyone want to debate why they believe they have the right to enslave, manipulate, force, bully into submission, and send innocent gentle animals to a slaughterhouse full of uneducated employees that have a career in mass murder?

Strong words. Meat eaters are all bad then. And, vegans do nothing wrong, right? Or, do we all do our bit to help, and also without being able to avoid it, all do harm in some way too?

Being a vegan or vegetarian is entirely a life choice, a personal choice, just like whether you want to go skiing or on a beach holiday! In either case, harm is done, to various things!

So, as a vegan who saves the planet by a single act of not eating meat, and obviously does no harm in any other way given your sanctimonious attitude in your first post, do you go on holiday somewhere?

The aeroplane flight causes harm to the planet, the drive to the airport in your car does also. etc etc.
And I'm not just talking about "carbon emissions", I'm talking about so much more than face value.
  1. The aeroplane and car parts, made of plastic, metal, wood etc, where require materials which are sourced in ways which harm the environment in some way, and all formed and made in a factory with processes which causes harm
  2. The trucks that deliver those parts give out emissions and the factory that made the trucks do too.
  3. The obtaining of fuel to drive these vehicles is obtained in a way that kills things and is not good for the planet on a mass scale.
  4. All the way down to your luggage and how it was made, and how the old one you threw away sits in a land fill causing various issues
  5. And so on and so on...

So, do you not go on that holiday to save the planet? Do you own a car? Order goods online which has a datacentre for the website, packaging, deliveries in a truck....?

Almost everything we do now causes harm to something, someone, or was brought to us in some way that caused stress, grief, harm, or some injustice to someone else!!

So it's fine to debate whether we should or should not eat meat based on if animals are humanely slaughtered, but to use this as some kind of "meat eaters are therefore bad" is not on.

I don't need to be a vegan to care about animals! I do care that animals may not have such a quick death, but there is something you and every single person reading this owns or uses as a service which was created via some kind of cruelty or causes some kind of harm to the environment. Whether slave labour, or incredibly harsh working conditions, etc.
Heck, just reading this post uses electricity, a computer made of harmful plastics, the internet is served via systems and hardware full of plastics and bad things on a huge scale, and uses electricity etc.

The fact is, in this world today this is everywhere, and we can all do our bit to try to stop it, and yes one of the many potential choices includes not eating meat for the sake of animals, But please don't think nor insinuate that meat eaters are "bad" just because they choose to eat meat, we all do our bit in some way, and we all do something which causes harm.

For example, how many of you have domain names hosted as a website somewhere? Do you go out of your way to find a green datacentre hosting provider? Which helps the planet and all the animals on it?
I do. Do you? Or is one of your choices to not eat meat? We all do our bit, in different ways.

So instead of lashing out as if you are all good and meat eaters are bad, perhaps take a look at the bigger picture!
The amount of land needed to cater for an influx in a diets alternative to eating meat would be mammoth, and in itself kill billions of animals! Forests and wildlife areas would be levelled to cater for crop growing. All insects, ants, spiders, bees, etc etc, would also be killed, and this has an affect on the survivability of the surrounding plants, trees, and food for other animals like birds etc.

Please, stop seeing the world in black and white! I'm sincerely pleased if you choose to not eat meat for the sake of animals, but until you live in a hut in the middle of no-where and only use things you hand make and use nothing commercial at all, then you have no right to even contest my eating meat!

•••
I'm a vegetarian by choice i could give to craps who eats what or does what with there lives nothing will ever change there's no need for debate. if you eat meat or don't its your choice and your life your karma.

•••
When we greet life from a different planet, they will then be happy to communicate.

Unless we are a good food source, in which case they might just eat us instead.

•••
I think it was the moment we first ate meat. After which, "everything that moves became our food", and we were expelled from Earth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_man

Well actually it was the moment they ate fruit in the Garden of Eden.

If they had eaten the snake instead it would have all been different.

•••
Sorry, but this protein scam is getting tiring. I personally do sports 6 days a week, couple of hours daily on pure vegan diet. I've been doing this for 6 years. I'm just one in a million who does the same. There are vegan bodybuilders, Olympic athletes, ultra-marathon runners etc.

Let me show you an example. Everyone thinks the meat-alternatives are not full of nutrients and you will miss something if you don't eat dead flesh. That's just utter bollocks:

Beyond-Burger-vs.-Beef-Burger-1-1016x1024.jpg

Source: https://ecohungry.com/beyond-burger-vs-beef-burger/

I've tried and Beyond burger tastes out of world. It's basically the same thing as meat without the disgusting chewy parts that would remind you that you are actually eating a living being which was killed for the pure selfish purpose of satisfying the taste buds of people.

I think this image (see link for the actual research) sums it up pretty well. The plant based alternatives are a hundred times better for the environment (no need to further destroy rain forests), and they are better for you. Less chance for cancer and heart-diseases.

What's not to like about it?

Beyond burgers are great. They will be everywhere soon this company is going to change things. Burgerking should have them nationwide this year. They are making other vegan products that are full of protien that taste great. I lift and train at the gym everyday. Ill choose a beyond burger over grilled chicken sandwich it packs enough protien.

•••
Just a small note:

Yesterday I started my journey as a ovo-lacto vegetarian. I will still eat eggs and milk, but no meat, fish or seafood.

•••
So you do not care how it's 'produced', meat is meat right?

"It's not pretty how we get our meat but neither is a lion devouring an impala."

Also, you are saying that you are just an animal?

"Animals eat other animals"

•••
So you do not care how it's 'produced', meat is meat right?

"It's not pretty how we get our meat but neither is a lion devouring an impala."

Also, you are saying that you are just an animal?

"Animals eat other animals"

Already went over it. It tastes good, I like to eat meat, just like other people who eat meat. See other reasons in my first post. That's not changing. Dying is usually not pretty. Whether it's the way we get our meat, or getting torn to shreds. It's a losing battle you're trying to fight, and I get it, it's for the love of animals, but losing battle nonetheless. Meat eaters don't care.

Last edited:
•••
"I think with some meat in their diet, they would be less grumpy."

Have you ever lived your life without having meat in your body?

Last edited:
•••
I think some religion void certain meat.

•••
I think some religion void certain meat.
I don't know how anyone can believe that animals deserve to be put through hell on Earth, and lose their life, in order for them to "feel happy"?

•••
Check out Philippines approach in war on drugs.

•••
@JB Lions, told you "he is not changing" He simply a meat eater :)

•••
You can Oder meat lover bot.pizza; they running a buy one get one free :)

•••
•••
Not with 13oz ribeye steak; mouthering taste.

•••
Approximately 25 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 pound of wheat. Around 2,500 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 pound of meat.

•••
Porterhouse.steak, steamed.broccoli and baked.potato with butter= I'm not complaining :)

•••
Cows are gentle social animals. They have the ability to recognize more than 100 other cows, and they form close friendships with members of their herd. Researchers report that cows grieve when their friends or family members die.
:(

•••
Approximately 25 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 pound of wheat. Around 2,500 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 pound of meat.
So we have to eat them young, before they spend all our water ?
Just kidding. I have the solution:
Synthefood.king
Synthemilk.king
Synthemeat.king

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back