IT.COM

USA.XYZ - $211 - Price reduction???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

New.Life

THE.COMPANYEstablished Member
Impact
Just registered my First .xyz domain - USA.XYZ :)

$211 USD

Renewal price - $211

Previously, the price was $ 2750 - $ 3000

Price reduction???

Uniregistry shows the same old price - $2750

Dynadot - $240

GoDaddy - $259.99

NameSilo - $211

xyz.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
p.s. Just to finish with Dubai...
DUBAI.PRO (2005) was sold to another investor for $1.2K in 2012 via Sedo...

•••
I wouldn't touch a name with $2xx renewal

So if Cash.com had a $200 renewal you would not buy it no matter what the price?

•••
•••
•••
•••
It's seems like a good idea when you spend the first $200+ for a good keyword with a dodgy extension, reality sets in when the first renewal comes around.

•••
Just do not understand why you guys (some of you are very experienced in new gTLDs) do this..why pay renewals 210-260/year for such names???

Do not see reasons why to do it..but I see at least 10 reasons why not to to it..
It depends. I would pay 210 renewal for ny/nyc/newyork.xyz

•••
Someone took xxx.xyzip :(

That's a great name cuz is both A CHIP and a ****

•••
I have 3L premium name DRY.xyz with standard renewal. Just renewed it at Godaddy for $9.17 only. New expiration June 2018. For only $150 you can have this domain.

•••
I have 3L premium name DRY.xyz with standard renewal. Just renewed it at Godaddy for $9.17 only. New expiration June 2018. For only $150 you can have this domain.
But u could've transfer to unregistery for $.88. . .

•••
It took only two days to get the first offer on the sale of this domain.
With zero efforts in this! USA.XYZ first offer - $500

usa.offer.jpg

•••
•••
They are from this thread and got brainwashed

Who knows.... may be...

Just checked email and name. A person has only one domain .com registered a month ago.

And everything connected to: Sotheby’s and Art. ...but maybe it's a mistake.

•••
•••
Who knows.... may be...

Just checked email and name. A person has only one domain .com registered a month ago.

And everything connected to: Sotheby’s and Art. ...but maybe it's a mistake.

Looks like the person who made the offer is an employee / realtor of Sotheby’s International Realty.

Last edited:
•••
It's seems like a good idea when you spend the first $200+ for a good keyword with a dodgy extension, reality sets in when the first renewal comes around.
Yes. A small group of people hyping and circle jerking each other will understand reality during renewals.

•••
some nice name being bought for peanuts
usa.xyz and Dubai.xyz and Amirp is a good website developer....nice one!

•••
be careful guys.
in domainings or elsehwere in life, there are sometimes (maybe even often) reasons, and they aren't pretty, why companies or people would be suddenly for no particular reason and after long time, lower their prices on their products.

registries and extensions have gone out of biz before too.

•••
be careful guys.
in domainings or elsehwere in life, there are sometimes (maybe even often) reasons, and they aren't pretty, why companies or people would be suddenly for no particular reason and after long time, lower their prices on their products.

registries and extensions have gone out of biz before too.

that might be right, but also it is possible that they are changing their strategy to market their domains

•••
that might be right, but also it is possible that they are changing their strategy to market their domains

yes for sure.. anything is possible really.
however, if it happens to be what I just said.. then the last thing you want is to be stuck owning domains you paid 3-4 figures to reg.. and which are on 3 figure renewal plans.

after all the xyz horror stories going round, and what I said above, this is why xyz is getting no more than couple bucks per month from me.. on some cool sounding 1$ promo keyword domain regs.

Last edited:
•••
With $211 I can buy 3 prerelease domains at NJ :)

•••
•••
•••

so you got richer and bought an asset and the other guy bought a liability(the right to make yearly payments to the registry).

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back