NameSilo

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Got paid today but still haven't figured out why my other names don't display on each sales page. Anyone else having the same issue?
Which method you are using for payout ? Paypal or Wire ?

•••
Which method you are using for payout ? Paypal or Wire ?

PayPal but it was fixed via support. For some reason my backend changes are not taking place even though they appear to.

So for example my sales pages previously would show a list of random names at the bottom so a viewer may possibly click and see another name for sale. I never changed anything and one day it stopped doing that. Now it only shows the name for sale on the page but no others below.

•••
PayPal but it was fixed via support. For some reason my backend changes are not taking place even though they appear to.

So for example my sales pages previously would show a list of random names at the bottom so a viewer may possibly click and see another name for sale. I never changed anything and one day it stopped doing that. Now it only shows the name for sale on the page but no others below.

you can turn on manually go to setting and click on show domains in
Meet the seller section .

•••
you can turn on manually go to setting and click on show domains in
Meet the seller section .

Right, did that. Doesn't work. Lol.
Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 2.56.28 PM.png

•••
Right, did that. Doesn't work. Lol.
Show attachment 82447

Hi,

You've spotted a new bug. We've recently implemented a new feature (you can disable having a profile page where your domains are listed) and somehow there's now a conflicting setting active.

When you select to disable links to your profile that section won't show at all. There's also a font color bug there, we'll fix both issues asap.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
Got paid today but still haven't figured out why my other names don't display on each sales page. Anyone else having the same issue?

Ok, it's actually not a bug it seems. We changed the logic there.

If you select to not show any links to your public profile we also can't show the section that includes other domains of you because you selected to not link to your profile where other domains are listed.

So our product team changed that by design and it makes sense. When you don't want to show other domains from your account then that section also shouldn't show on our lander.

So to re-introduce showing other domains from your landers on you for sale page, simply head to your privacy settings and disable the feature where you hide links to your profile.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
Yes, I'm aware of the meaning. But connotation is another thing. Undeveloped sounds like underdeveloped (as in underdeveloped country), and doesn't sound very positive. It is not the best name in my opinion - and at least one other NP user agrees with me.

This post is not off topic, by the way. I am speaking of how the name "Undeveloped" deters some visitors. There is no justification for deleting my post but not the post I am quoting.

We see that differently. When you type in a domain that's undeveloped and have a redirect to our SSL secure for sale pages active, the redirected url the buyer sees already provides context of what's happening.

So you type in Antiwet.com in your browser and see the url change to Undeveloped.com and see the landing page including all information about how to purchase the domain Antiwet.com. In that process when the redirect happens you already get context via our brand that the domain Antiwet.com is undeveloped and likely can be purchased.

Next to that, if you look how carefully our product is designed, you observe we are the most modern and professionally designed marketplace out there. We get daily compliments about that and our processes from buyers so I really don't see any issue with our brand or marketplace.

•••
Ok, it's actually not a bug it seems. We changed the logic there.

If you select to not show any links to your public profile we also can't show the section that includes other domains of you because you selected to not link to your profile where other domains are listed.

So our product team changed that by design and it makes sense. When you don't want to show other domains from your account then that section also shouldn't show on our lander.

So to re-introduce showing other domains from your landers on you for sale page, simply head to your privacy settings and disable the feature where you hide links to your profile.

Kind regards,
Reza

Thanks - I found it. My mistake.

Last edited:
•••
I just noticed that when I visit my names in Chrome in cognito, Chrome is showing a "not secure" message. Anyone else encountered this?

exosi.png

•••
I just noticed that when I visit my names in Chrome in cognito, Chrome is showing a "not secure" message. Anyone else encountered this?

Show attachment 82631

You have to select the "Host your for sales page on Undeveloped.com". It's under settings.

upload_2018-3-11_11-27-59.png

•••
You have to select the "Host your for sales page on Undeveloped.com". It's under settings.

Thanks. So that's the only way to not have the "not secure" message come up? I wonder which converts better: the forward or the non-forward.

•••
A separate question....

How do you guys deal with non-payers? I've recently had my first non-payer on a deal he agreed to on February 18. So it's been almost a month now. I've gotten a couple messages from Undeveloped saying they sent a payment reminder, but at this point I really want to re-list the name as this guy appears very unlikely to pay at this point.

Do you have to send an e-mail to Undeveloped in order to re-list it? Or will I be able to simply re-list it on my own?

•••
Thanks. So that's the only way to not have the "not secure" message come up? I wonder which converts better: the forward or the non-forward.

Yes. I guess that's the only way. The SSL secure landing pages should convert better IMO. But hey, I have just started using Undeveloped.com, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

•••
A separate question....

How do you guys deal with non-payers? I've recently had my first non-payer on a deal he agreed to on February 18. So it's been almost a month now. I've gotten a couple messages from Undeveloped saying they sent a payment reminder, but at this point I really want to re-list the name as this guy appears very unlikely to pay at this point.

Do you have to send an e-mail to Undeveloped in order to re-list it? Or will I be able to simply re-list it on my own?

I've had a few people not pay. I usually wait a little while then put a message in the box that says "This guy isn't going to pay, I want to re-list the name for sale. And please ban him. Thanks."

I think the transaction has to be canceled first then it's re-listed.

•••
I've had a few people not pay. I usually wait a little while then put a message in the box that says "This guy isn't going to pay, I want to re-list the name for sale. And please ban him. Thanks."

I think the transaction has to be canceled first then it's re-listed.

How many days do you wait before asking for a cancellation? Last week I accepted three offers and none made a payment yet. At Sedo payments appear instantly, at Undeveloped is there a waiting time (maybe security check) before accepting the payment?

•••
How many days do you wait before asking for a cancellation? Last week I accepted three offers and none made a payment yet. At Sedo payments appear instantly, at Undeveloped is there a waiting time (maybe security check) before accepting the payment?

It depends on the name. If it’s a great name I’ll ask sooner to cancel and re-list. If not then maybe a couple of weeks max.

•••
Should I let people pay in installments? Pro's and con's of using this feature with undeveloped?
I use it on other platforms, but was wondering what others experience has been with undeveloped specifically.
Thanks

•••
Another Quick Question @Undeveloped
How do you decide what other domains are listed at bottom of sale page? is it random?

•••
Good questions @urljunky , I would like to hear the answers to those too

regarding my Undeveloped experience: I received a 2nd bid on a domain yesterday. 2 bids in one and a halve months where as the previous 5 months I had my domains on Sedo there was no activity at all.

•••

I'm wondering this as well. I just got some of my domains listed there today & having it show "not secure" doesn't look good. I'm having it redirect now but wish I could keep my url without having a redirect.
Ideally, Undeveloped would make it so it was secure without having to redirect it, not sure if that's possible.

Also, if they could remove the click through on the Undeveloped Logo on the top left, that would be nice too. Potential buyers will click that out of curiosity & go search a similar term & might buy something else instead. That's one thing I liked about Uniregistry, where it doesn't have any click through links on their landing pages that redirect to Uniregistry. @Undeveloped

•••
Good questions @urljunky , I would like to hear the answers to those too

regarding my Undeveloped experience: I received a 2nd bid on a domain yesterday. 2 bids in one and a halve months where as the previous 5 months I had my domains on Sedo there was no activity at all.
@JanO Do you have a buy now price? or just make offer?

•••
@urljunky some bin+make offer, some make offer only. Bids were on a bin+mo & a mo only

•••
Just discovered more things about Undeveloped i'm unsure of...

1. When a potential buyer makes an offer on a domain, it redirects them to a page with other similar domains on the page. So if you own Car.com and someone made an offer, they'll be advertised Cars.com after they submit an inquiry if it's also listed on Undeveloped. I can see why Undeveloped would do this, as they're trying to capture a sale regardless of who the seller is. But it's not really seller friendly, as they're using peoples interest in your domain to market other domains on their platform.

2. It doesn't show the interested buyers email address. This is a big issue because emails contain lots of valuable information when trying to get an idea of who the interested party is. Someone could be named John Smith and if you google that name, you'll get a million results. It could be anyone. But if it was johnsmith@ (enter company domain) you'll be able to gauge who's interested and what their budget might be. You could end up leaving a lot of money on the table not knowing who the interested buyer might be.

I love the layout of Undeveloped and think it has the best design out of any domain landing page service. However, these issues aren't exactly small so I'm reconsidering what domains I have listed here. Hope they're open to giving sellers more options in regards to these issues.

•••
Just got a $100 million offer for a domain from a person using an IP address in Nigeria. Should I counter? ;)

•••
Just got a $100 million offer for a domain from a person using an IP address in Nigeria. Should I counter? ;)
what domain? Z.com?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back