Domain Empire

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just got a $100 million offer for a domain from a person using an IP address in Nigeria. Should I counter? ;)
Counter with $1 billion :ROFL:

•••
Thank you @Undeveloped for that retweet on my domain "HandmadeBrushes.com". It was really pleasant to see.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks. So that's the only way to not have the "not secure" message come up? I wonder which converts better: the forward or the non-forward.

From our data they convert almost the same. That's also partially because when you click on the buy-now button on the stand-alone hosted page, you'll get redirected to the check-out form hosted on Undeveloped's SSL secure pages.

I'd advice to use the forward though. Allow users to directly land on SSL secure pages without any strange warnings from their browser.

•••
A separate question....

How do you guys deal with non-payers? I've recently had my first non-payer on a deal he agreed to on February 18. So it's been almost a month now. I've gotten a couple messages from Undeveloped saying they sent a payment reminder, but at this point I really want to re-list the name as this guy appears very unlikely to pay at this point.

Do you have to send an e-mail to Undeveloped in order to re-list it? Or will I be able to simply re-list it on my own?

If you suspect the buyer to not be serious, I'd advice to shoot a quick message via our chat app so we can relist. We'll keep the payment link active in case the buyer floats up again.

Do note that the reason why we host the sold page is that all transactions on Undeveloped from a legal perspective are binding.

You guys won't see those messages but we talk to a lot of your buyers and in case they try to get out of the deal we make it clear to them that there's a legally binding agreement. Relisting the domain for sale or keeping it for sale will also introduce other issues like double selling a domain. So if that happens, the first buyer technically can say you didn't honor the agreement and sue you.

Making all transactions non-binding will result in a flood of fake offers and even more buyers that drop out.

So to conclude, only in doubt of the sincerity of your buyer send us a message and we'll relist if we also believe the buyer isn't serious.

•••
I'm wondering this as well. I just got some of my domains listed there today & having it show "not secure" doesn't look good. I'm having it redirect now but wish I could keep my url without having a redirect.
Ideally, Undeveloped would make it so it was secure without having to redirect it, not sure if that's possible.

Also, if they could remove the click through on the Undeveloped Logo on the top left, that would be nice too. Potential buyers will click that out of curiosity & go search a similar term & might buy something else instead. That's one thing I liked about Uniregistry, where it doesn't have any click through links on their landing pages that redirect to Uniregistry. @Undeveloped

I do think it's important to allow buyers to click to Undeveloped to learn more about the marketplace and escrow service you use. This builds trust.

But I agree that it shouldn't be a hard redirect. A new window should pop-up when they click in the logo, so we'll change that for sure.

•••
Just discovered more things about Undeveloped i'm unsure of...

1. When a potential buyer makes an offer on a domain, it redirects them to a page with other similar domains on the page. So if you own Car.com and someone made an offer, they'll be advertised Cars.com after they submit an inquiry if it's also listed on Undeveloped. I can see why Undeveloped would do this, as they're trying to capture a sale regardless of who the seller is. But it's not really seller friendly, as they're using peoples interest in your domain to market other domains on their platform.

2. It doesn't show the interested buyers email address. This is a big issue because emails contain lots of valuable information when trying to get an idea of who the interested party is. Someone could be named John Smith and if you google that name, you'll get a million results. It could be anyone. But if it was johnsmith@ (enter company domain) you'll be able to gauge who's interested and what their budget might be. You could end up leaving a lot of money on the table not knowing who the interested buyer might be.

I love the layout of Undeveloped and think it has the best design out of any domain landing page service. However, these issues aren't exactly small so I'm reconsidering what domains I have listed here. Hope they're open to giving sellers more options in regards to these issues.

In regards of item 1: We see that as a network function. Any seller part of the network benefits from it since other buyers also will see your domains within that network. So in the end every member of the network benefits. Since we implemented this we see more buyers buying a keyword in multiple extensions listed on Undeveloped. Instead of just buying for example Antiwet.com, they also end up buying Antiwet.net, Antiwet.org and Antiwet.us.

All successful marketplaces and e-commerce sites use the above network model to increase liquidity on the market. So it's pretty standard.

In regards of item 2: I've responded on this item before, as an escrow provider we simply can't connect buyers and sellers privately as we then can't guarantee a 100% safe escrow process. We've seen this go very badly in the past. Also from a legal perspective with the new GDPR regulations going in effect in May 2018, I'm not sure if we're even legally allowed to share that info.

We're now exploring a different model. We're looking to run the email of the buyer through a third party provider that fetches the Twitter & Linkedin handles attached to an email. So in the near future we can show you even more info than we now show (Name + location/IP in most cases already tells you who you're dealing with, unless they're on purpose hiding their identity) to provide better context while not de-valuing our escrow process.

Hope that clarifies.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi Reza @Undeveloped
How are the curated domain collections by Herman Punte selected?
Thanks, Steve

•••
Hi Reza @Undeveloped
How are the curated domain collections by Herman Punte selected?
Thanks, Steve

Hey Steve,

We select them based on submissions we get in and when we bump into a good name we'll add them there.

So the best way is to submit domains you think are relevant for a list, if the domain meets the requirements we'll add & promote them for free.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
Hi JudgeMind,

I'd rather see one of our sellers respond to your questions but I think this recent blog post from our Product Director might give you some insights about why our for sale pages help you sell more domains:

http://blog.undeveloped.com/english/a-neat-shop-window-for-your-domain-names

This blog post which is a tad outdated might give you some insights about why buyers love buying names through our marketplace:

http://blog.undeveloped.com/english/buy-domains-transparently

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Take care,
Reza

question:
We couldn’t find this page.

•••
If you suspect the buyer to not be serious, I'd advice to shoot a quick message via our chat app so we can relist. We'll keep the payment link active in case the buyer floats up again.
For the chat app do you mean the chat that open when you receive a offer? i wrote that i wanted to relist the domain because probably the buyer is just wasting my time and didn't receive any reply

•••
I have just completed my first sale at Undeveloped. I listed my portfolio in January 2018 (about 800 domains), and one just sold for 1300. The escrow experience was smooth. Nice communication, very reasonable fee and very fast payment - thank you @Undeveloped !

•••
Th
For the chat app do you mean the chat that open when you receive a offer? i wrote that i wanted to relist the domain because probably the buyer is just wasting my time and didn't receive any reply

Sorry about that. Due to high volume our account managers are less responsive than support. The chat app can be used by clicking on the light green round icon in the right corner.

•••
@all we're starting a pilot this week for which we're looking for testers.

As you know we believe and have proven that the current PPC landing pages are hurting your sales and total net revenue. So about a year ago (12 months and 1 day to be exact) we started developing a new model where you could get best of both worlds. A passive income combined with the best sales conversion out there.

In order to not be limited and to be able to provide a better monetization model, we're focusing mostly on affiliates rather than text ads. Initial tests showed an increase passive income of 3 times compared to what you're now getting from PPC while there's a lot of room for improvements left on that front.

offer.png

Please note that the above screenshot is not the final design and content. We're still tweaking so the layout will likely end up looking different. If the pilot is successful we'll make this new hybrid for sale page available to all sellers.

If you have more than 1000 domains parked with us and would like to participate in the pilot please send us a message and we'll add you to our waiting list. Please do note that this is a Beta product which can contain bugs and the revenue generated will be pooled and sent to sellers not based on performance but a simple calculation of your impact in the network (for now). Later, of course, when/if it becomes a full service of Undeveloped you'll be able to view full stats and conversion data.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
@Undeveloped

Hello Reza

my account is in Euro as I am in germany

I would like to add a fixed $ USD amount for domains targetting the US
instead of a recalculated amount resulting from fluctuating Euro to USD conversations

guess you didn't think of that

•••
@Undeveloped

Hello Reza

my account is in Euro as I am in germany

I would like to add a fixed $ USD amount for domains targetting the US
instead of a recalculated amount resulting from fluctuating Euro to USD conversations

Hi Frank, head here and change your currency to USD: https://undeveloped.com/users/settings/account

Your EU buyers will then see the calculated EUR equivalent.

By the way. The 404 page is from one of our posts here over a year ago. Undeveloped has matured and not all old links are still valid. The updated url is this: https://blog.undeveloped.com/your-own-for-sale-page-adc1b66a3638

Last edited:
•••
Hi Frank, head here and change your currency to USD: https://undeveloped.com/users/settings/account

Your EU buyers will then see the calculated EUR equivalent.

thanks Reza

now my request looks like this

my account is in USD as I am not in US

I would like to add a fixed € amount for domains targetting the Euro area
instead of a recalculated amount resulting from fluctuating USD to € conversations

•••
Last edited:
•••
@all we're starting a pilot this week for which we're looking for testers.

As you know we believe and have proven that the current PPC landing pages are hurting your sales and total net revenue. So about a year ago (12 months and 1 day to be exact) we started developing a new model where you could get best of both worlds. A passive income combined with the best sales conversion out there.

In order to not be limited and to be able to provide a better monetization model, we're focusing mostly on affiliates rather than text ads. Initial tests showed an increase passive income of 3 times compared to what you're now getting from PPC while there's a lot of room for improvements left on that front.

Show attachment 82839

Please note that the above screenshot is not the final design and content. We're still tweaking so the layout will likely end up looking different. If the pilot is successful we'll make this new hybrid for sale page available to all sellers.

If you have more than 1000 domains parked with us and would like to participate in the pilot please send us a message and we'll add you to our waiting list. Please do note that this is a Beta product which can contain bugs and the revenue generated will be pooled and sent to sellers not based on performance but a simple calculation of your impact in the network (for now). Later, of course, when/if it becomes a full service of Undeveloped you'll be able to view full stats and conversion data.

Kind regards,
Reza
This looks really promising. Can't wait for it to be rolled out!

•••
I never saw any icon honestly https://prnt.sc/iqk18s

That's very strange. So to confirm, you don't see the turquoise green icon on my screenshot in your account (next to the language selector)?

Do you have javascript disabled?

intercom.png

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back