Dynadot

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Feature request, if not already requested earlier :)
It would be great to be able to download an excel doc of our entire domain listing.
Just a cute little download-excel link somewhere on the listing page.
:xf.cool::xf.cool:

Last edited:
•••
Also have a feature request... The ability to enter a subset of domain names and have undeveloped come back with that subset to work with. So if I have 400 domains and only need to work with 15 but they dont all start or end with a certain pattern of letters, I could enter these names into a search box and filter out the 15 from the 400. Then when I am done I can clear the filter.

•••
Feature request, if not already requested earlier :)
It would be great to be able to download an excel doc of our entire domain listing.
Just a cute little download-excel link somewhere on the listing page.
:xf.cool::xf.cool:

Hi,

For buyers on your public profile you mean? I'll make a note of this feature request.

In your portfolio, as a seller, you can already generate an export. Select all your domains and an export button will appear. You'll receive a report with a download link once the export is done.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Also have a feature request... The ability to enter a subset of domain names and have undeveloped come back with that subset to work with. So if I have 400 domains and only need to work with 15 but they dont all start or end with a certain pattern of letters, I could enter these names into a search box and filter out the 15 from the 400. Then when I am done I can clear the filter.

I like it! When editing less domains, we've made the portfolio section really smart. You can search for domains, select them and we'll remember your selections to perform a bulk edit on all selected domains.

We might be able to allow you to use the search for multiple names at the same time, but I have to check since that might not be possible that easily.

•••
Hi Friends ..
Completed my 5th sale with Undeveloped from Jan 2018..Still one domain at negotiation by Startup...

und.png

•••
Reza, since you're here: I have suggestion, which I have been "dying" to ask you about for ages.

Would you consider coupon support of some kind, for buyers? Having ability to provide a discount to the listed Buy Now price?

I had some repeat customers and I would like to add some kind of loyalty scheme to reward them and make them feel special. These kind of relationships should be nurtured and this would be great way to do so.

Besides, that one feature would really distinguish Undeveloped.com from the competition, at least initially. :)

The coupons would be generated per account profile, in the backend, by the account holder, with options for coupon expiry period and type of discount (percentage or flat amount). How does this sound?

Last edited:
•••
Hi Friends ..
Completed my 5th sale with Undeveloped from Jan 2018..Still one domain at negotiation by Startup...

Show attachment 82970

WOW! Nice!!! Can you give us a ballpark on the sales prices? high/mid/low 3,4,5 figures, etc?

Also, are you doing anything to help market the names? Are they parked at Undeveloped or forwarded to the sales page?

Last edited:
•••
WOW! Nice!!! Can you give us a ballpark on the sales prices? high/mid/low 3,4,5 figures, etc?

Also, are you doing anything to help market the names? Are they parked at Undeveloped or forwarded to the sales page?

Hi
$2500/$623/$550/$330/$200.....

95% my names are parked with undeveloped..
Regards

•••
•••
Hey Reza, would be cool if you guys could create a user home page, so you can redirect people to yourcompanyname.com and they can see ALL the domains you have for sale.

•••
Hey Reza, would be cool if you guys could create a user home page, so you can redirect people to yourcompanyname.com and they can see ALL the domains you have for sale.

There is a profile page that you can show with all your names. Could just redirect a domain there to make it easier to find for end-users.

•••
Awesome! I didn't know that. I'll look into doing that tonight. Thank you for your response.

•••
@Undeveloped How do I proceed when a domain is already listed at undeveloped, and I am the new owner (expired drop catch)? The "import status" is "failed" in this case, even if I am the owner in the whois.

•••
That's very strange indeed. I'll contact Intercom and request support to solve this issue for you.

This is security from the browser. Nothing to do with afternic

Check on the top left you will see an exclamation sign and a shield sign (assuming you use Firefox).
Click on the shield and "disable protection for this session" and should be good to go.
Found the issue! it didn't even let me login on afternic because of that (y)

•••
Why does it show 120 monthly views on dashboard, but when I check my portfolio to see which domains have been viewed it only adds up to 95?

•••
•••
Why does it show 120 monthly views on dashboard, but when I check my portfolio to see which domains have been viewed it only adds up to 95?

Hi UrlJunky,

The stats in the dashboard are reset on the first day of the month while the stats in portfolio show the stats of 30 days prior. This way the traffic in your portfolio shows in an instant the traffic & views your domains have generated in the past 30 days rather than getting a hard reset.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
There is a profile page that you can show with all your names. Could just redirect a domain there to make it easier to find for end-users.

And since this week we've also upgraded that seller profile and introduced a big search bar that exclusively searches through your own domains. Before, the search in the header would include the entire Undeveloped inventory but now not anymore.

Last edited:
•••
Reza, since you're here: I have suggestion, which I have been "dying" to ask you about for ages.

Would you consider coupon support of some kind, for buyers? Having ability to provide a discount to the listed Buy Now price?

I had some repeat customers and I would like to add some kind of loyalty scheme to reward them and make them feel special. These kind of relationships should be nurtured and this would be great way to do so.

Besides, that one feature would really distinguish Undeveloped.com from the competition, at least initially. :)

The coupons would be generated per account profile, in the backend, by the account holder, with options for coupon expiry period and type of discount (percentage or flat amount). How does this sound?

We've worked on this in a different model where we'd provide a discount that's deducted from our commission. This was back when our commission was 15%. Now with 9% it's hard to offer that kind of incentives. We even have a prototype design done but some big complications caused the project to be put on hold for now. I'll try to lookup the concept design and share it with you.

The coupon model we'd have to look into since that adds the requirement for buyers in the process (preferably for clarity at the for sale page level) to be able to add a coupon code. Of course we can design something but we need to make sure we don't make the for sale page too heavy. We've seen in the past that that can hurt conversions.

Another model we could implement this feature would be to give you the option to offer domains discounted. So in the backoffice you mark a 10%/20% or 50% discount which we'll show on the for sale page. You can then forward your buyer to the listing without the use of a coupon code.

For now, if you already want to incentivize your buyers you could send your buyers to Undeveloped with a reference code we'll supply. When your buyers contact us we'll then calculate the offered discount and initiate the transaction at a discount for those buyers. So it's somewhat manual but already would do the trick ;).

•••
The coupon model we'd have to look into since that adds the requirement for buyers in the process (preferably for clarity at the for sale page level) to be able to add a coupon code. Of course we can design something but we need to make sure we don't make the for sale page too heavy. We've seen in the past that that can hurt conversions.

Personally shopping ANYWHERE online if there is a coupon or promo code box will immediately stop me mid-checkout process and go search for a working code. And sometimes that leads to me abandoning the original purchase. The secret reference code discount idea is much better IMO

•••
For now, if you already want to incentivize your buyers you could send your buyers to Undeveloped with a reference code we'll supply. When your buyers contact us we'll then calculate the offered discount and initiate the transaction at a discount for those buyers. So it's somewhat manual but already would do the trick ;).

Thank you for quick the response, Reza. Sounds perfect, I actually agree this is a better way to go. Sounds like that's something you already have developed? Am I right to assume that? :) How would to reference link work and look, something like this:
Code:
https://undeveloped.com/buy-domain/antiwet.com?ref=1234567890

Personally shopping ANYWHERE online if there is a coupon or promo code box will immediately stop me mid-checkout process and go search for a working code. And sometimes that leads to me abandoning the original purchase. The secret reference code discount idea is much better IMO
As I said to Reza above, I agree. I just thought that coupon functionality might be easier to develop. Since, it's the other way around, super! Thanks for the input.

•••
Send email to [email protected]
Hi - I own xxxxxxx and the former owner still has it listed at undeveloped - can you remove it from their account please? Thanks

What if domains are under privacy, is there another way to prove ownership (txt records or something)?

Joined Undeveloped yesterday, all seems very well made (y)
Also, it seems that domain view stats are not in real time like on dashboard, how often they update? Daily?

Thanks

•••
@Undeveloped How do I proceed when a domain is already listed at undeveloped, and I am the new owner (expired drop catch)? The "import status" is "failed" in this case, even if I am the owner in the whois.

I was about to mention this, i had a account on Undeveloped for quite sometime but didn't used them but now i started to use Undeveloped (you have great landing pages and low commissions), so i went to my abandon account to start it up again, when i was doing this undeveloped tells me i have to add a domain to proceed so i added a couple of domains. All seemed ok until i typed one of my domains in my google chrome url box and i landed on a different user landing page (with their portfolio) for my domain, it was the previous owner who still had the listing on undeveloped.

I contacted support and they clarified that i have to use the bulk section to add domains for their system to identify old listings and remove them so they can add your listing.

I think @Undeveloped should clarify this somewhere on their website or fix this because if i didn't search for my domain and didn't land on a old listing by another member i would never had known.

The other member would continue to receive my traffic and not to mention the confusion this might had made to a interested buyer, i could even loss a sale because of this problem.

•••
What if domains are under privacy, is there another way to prove ownership (txt records or something)?

Joined Undeveloped yesterday, all seems very well made (y)
Also, it seems that domain view stats are not in real time like on dashboard, how often they update? Daily?

Thanks
The stats in the dashboard are reset on the first day of the month while the stats in portfolio show the stats of 30 days prior. This way the traffic in your portfolio shows in an instant the traffic & views your domains have generated in the past 30 days rather than getting a hard reset.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back