Dynadot

Two breakthrough domaining tools: My parting gift to the NP community

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
NPers!

As I've alluded to several times, I never intended my domaining spree to stretch very long. With my exit from domain investment lying just around the bend, I would like to "come out of the closet" with two software tools I've been depending on for myself to pinpoint and appraise highly resellable domains in those seemingly endless drop-lists, and to offer the NP community first dibs at beta-testing these utilities gratis.

Tool #1 is domain resaleability scanner. This software takes a large list of domains (say, a TDNAM firesale list or a given day's dropping names) and picks out what it considers the most easily flippable 30-60 domains. The tool accomplishes this by scouring the web to obtain each domain's most obvious prospects and assessing, using a series of metrics, how much each obvious candidate for the domain would be likely to pay. To this day I've employed this tool for myself to locate, and within a a few days' time, flip names like JewMagazine(.)com to the owners of HeebMagazine(.)com and BowersGroup(.)com to the admin of SubGuns(.)com (a.k.a. the B'wers Group of Companies). Because of my tool's statistics, I knew as I pounded out e-mail pitches to those groups' staff members that the time I spent doing so would likely bear fruit, and it did: I pocketed $2K of revenue between the two sales.

The goal of this tool is to locate the most underrated, highest-ROI domains in drop & pre-release lists. Going back to JewMagazine(.)com and BowersGroup(.)com: I caught both at reg. fee -- after all, 99.9% of viewers manually eye-ing drop lists would probably never even consider backordering either of those names.

Tool #2 is a domain resale value appraisal utility. While Estibot often succeeds in approximating a domain's end-user value using WordTracker, Overture, and other metrics, it doesn't seek to answer such questions as:

* I see SomeDomain.com in NameJet auction. What's the maximum I can safely bid on the name knowing nothing about the keyword's corresponding industry?
* If I needed to convert SomeDomain.com into cash within the next 2 weeks, how much would I likely receive for it?

This tool strives to answer both these questions by amassing and aggregating statistics across numerous sources -- including Google, DomainTools, Estibot, Compete.com, Archive.org, and BuyDomains, among others -- to arrive at an empirical approximation of resale value. My utility analyzes not only inherent properties of the domain in question but also meta-aspects of websites corresponding to the domain's highest-probability resale prospects.

Here are some resale value appraisals arrived at by my software (still in alpha, so results are subject to change):

* DramaSquad.com - $10 (Estibot: $70)
* NewItems.com - $62 (Estibot: $37,000)
* PaperClips.com - $1150 (Estibot: $59,000)
* VegetarianFood.com - $1760 (Estibot: $28,000)
* Dangerous.com - $7380 (Estibot: $110,000)
* Vida.com - $20,800 (Estibot: $120,000)
* GlobalProducts.com - $21,800 (Estibot: $3400)
* PiggyBank.com - $56,500 (Estibot: $200,000)
* Vibrators.com - $74,900 (Estibot: $370,000)
* Veg.com - $183,800 (Estibot: $39,000)
* Chocolate.com - $1,911,000 (Estibot: $2,400,000)
* Business.com - $11,900,000 (Estibot: $15,000,000)

Both tools #1 and #2 rely on a domain liquidity analysis engine which I have completely rewritten over the past few weeks to plug information from even more data sources into its appraisal equation.

I am thinking about offering the following two services, based on these tools:
1. Exclusive access to the list of the most 30-60 "liquid" dropping/pre-release .com domains on a given day, as determined by my tool (sent to the highest bidder on a daily basis for each of 5 categories: Dropping domains, SN pre-release, NJ pre-release, TDNAM expiring domains, and TDNAM firesale).
2. Resale value appraisals, as spit out by my tool #2, @ $3 per appraisal. The reason I'd need to charge is that some of the sources my tool pings have daily query limits, and I need to create selectively to ensure I don't exceed them.

I am on the verge of seeking trustworthy volunteers from NamePros to help beta-test these tools during a 2-week period (exact dates TBD) in December. All beta testers will receive free access to usage of both these tools -- no strings attached -- except each person will be limited to receiving one liquid domains list (out of a possible 70 [= 14 days x 5 sources]) and ten appraisals. I will soon throw up a website on which users may reserve these free slots on a first-come, first-served basis.

If any questions or comments about these tools spring to mind, feel free to post them in this thread, which I am hoping to sticky in the near future [**Please do not PM me**]. If I've failed to "sell" you on these tools because they seem "too good to be true" then that's probably because I'm a programmer, not a businessman. I am, after all, here to serve, not to be served, and as such I will do my utmost to answer all questions in a timely fashion. The tools' results will speak for themselves.

Much love,
Josh

IMPORTANT: If you would like to receive priority notification when these tools become available to beta test, please shoot an e-mail to [email protected] simply containing the phrase "beta test" in the subject line. I promise to reply with nothing beyond that single alert. THE DEADLINE FOR PRIORITY NOTIFICATION SIGNUP IS 11/30 @ 11:59pm EST.

UPDATE: All beta slots have been booked. Please PM me if you would like to be placed on our waiting list.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds like a couple of awesome tools!

I would be happy to beta test for you :)

Let me know,
Jake B-)

•••
Too bad you're leaving as I'm coming in. Good luck in all future endeavors.

•••
congrats to these awesome tools and remember you can return here anytime you like. good luck to future endeavors

•••
Your tools sound amazing. Would love to see them in action.

•••
I'm very sad to hear you're going to be leaving us, Josh. You've been so nice and helpful and I know many others will miss you as well. I'd love to help you beta test your programs if there are still some open slots, but if not, then best of luck with future endeavors and please stop in and see us from time to time! :)

•••
hand up for beta testing

Cheers
Corey

•••
Thank you all for the shout-outs and kind words. To be clear, I'm not making any sort of sudden, dramatic exit from NP, or from domaining for that matter. And despite the fact I'll be tapering my frequency of visiting NP over the next 4-6 weeks, I'll be sure to holler back and wave on occasion. The dot-com ghost ever tap-dances on my porch, and sometimes knocks.

IMPORTANT: If you would like to receive priority notification when the tools become available to beta test -- i.e. one day before the beta testing announcement goes public -- please send an e-mail simply containing the words "beta test" in the subject line to [email protected] NO LATER THAN 11/30. I promise to send you nothing from that e-mail address aside from my one-time alert. Thanks!

UPDATE - 9:37pm EST: I misspelled the beta-test e-mail address in my initial post. Please double-check your sent messages.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe your tool can help put some of these estibot domainers in check since they seem to be spreading at a rapid rate.

•••
* NewItems.com - $62 (Estibot: $37,000)

Yea, I know why you had to mention that name specifically!

(See appraisal section)

Last edited:
•••
Yep! The appraisals my tool spits out tend to be less extreme in either direction. At the moment I'm tweaking the appraisal tool to accept .net, .org, .info., .us, .biz, and .cc domains as well.

Subscription requests have been pouring in (as expected) but NPers still have 10 more days to sign up for priority beta launch notification! Again, simply e-mail [email protected] with the phrase "beta test" in the subject line to receive the one-time alert and be granted access to the choicest beta test slots.

.h2o. said:
Yea, I know why you had to mention that name specifically!

(See appraisal section)

•••
I'd be delighted to beta test.

•••
snoopinc said:
I'd be delighted to beta test.

You and too many others for me to keep up with, apparently :)

Our response rate has been excellent so far, but we've still got a handful of open beta slots! Sign up for priority beta notification TODAY by e-mailing [email protected] with the expression "beta test" in the subject line.

Final and absolute signup deadline is 11/30.

•••
Sounds like a great deal firing a email to you as we speak.....hope you stick around np as your contributions are great. Hope to get a beta slot for your tools.

Thanks again.

•••
One week left to sign up for priority notification -- don't miss out!

UPDATE: Due to high response rate and the fact I will be eliminating some slots so the individual slot-bookers will receive longer liquid domains lists, it is extremely unlikely any beta slots will remain once the beta site goes public. If you'd like to beta-test this tool, you must sign up for the priority alert as instructed in this post or else you'll strongly risk missing the cut.

•••
Thanks for the offer, i am interested if places are still available. :gl:

•••
maxeaus said:
Thanks for the offer, i am interested if places are still available. :gl:

Assuming everyone who receives the priority notification ends up booking a slot, we've still got 20 spots available with 6 days to go. E-mail "beta test" to [email protected] before the gates completely shut!

•••
We're down to the last dozen-or-so spots with 5 days to go! With these tools' honed ability to locate and assess the most liquid domains in drop lists, they are shaping up to be a novel attack frontier for domain flippers.

Sign up to beta-test TODAY using the instructions in this thread. After 11/30, these tools will only be available as paid services.

•••
Best wishes Mate,

Great heads up on the tools. NamePros was built by the kindness of it's members and staff.
Much success in your ventures ....

namenut

•••
Any open spot for me? :)

Thank you

•••
MattheP said:
Any open spot for me? :)

Thank you

Matt -- we've got about 10 more open spots. To sign up, please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the expression "beta test" in the subject line.

•••
•••
Marck said:
I sent email, thanks.

Yours is the Saint_Marck e-mail address, right? If so I got your e-mail at 2:11pm EST. Thanks.

The last signup I received was at 2:21pm EST.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back