IT.COM

discuss Mike Mann: "Estibot dramatically deflates the value of a domain"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I think Mike Mann is one of the most successful domain investors, and he has certainly sold more domain names than just about anyone. For those who don’t know about Mike’s background, you should check out Paul Sloan’s Cnet article for more information about him and his domain industry background.

On Facebook this morning, Mike publicly shared an interesting comment about Estibot, the automated domain name appraisal tool:

“The main tool domain “experts” use in appraising premium .Com domains is called Estibot, which usually dramatically deflates the value of a domain. I sell domains constantly for 10, 20 or even $50,000 that they value in the hundreds, and everything I sell I think is too cheap, often discounted. Other famous domain companies have internal tools to appraise domains that are completely useless also, like Estibot.”

Source

What do you think about Estibot and its valuation?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only good to find search statistics and sometimes related sales . Otherwise estimated Value is just BS

•••
Yeah..maybe 1 in 10,000 domains....99.9% of the time it inflates the prices

•••
like they say... only in Mike Mann land.

•••
I'm pretty sure no experts use estibot to appraise domain names.

•••
Estibot is just dust in the eyes. It has a fixed algorithm of valuation in a dynamic market, also can't interpret speculation and the weight of a specified variable (that can dictate a high percentage of the domain value).

•••
The main tool domain “experts” use in appraising premium .Com domains is called Estibot, which usually dramatically deflates the value of a domain.

We all know this... so we all have to ask why this tool exists.

•••
It is just a guideline..sometimes I use it when quickly examining lot of domain names..When it shows really high price, one can stop and start to digging little more in a specific domain name to see where that estimation came from. Otherwise pretty inaccurate tool.

•••
Actually a lot of people have been saying estibot is junk and laugh when the threads are posted around here for years now. Since I have been a member here people that have been around will tell you it's a joke.

•••
Maybe it's because influential bloggers keep mentioning the tool, as if it had any relevance.

•••
Some things have value because you can eat them. Some domains have value because Estibot detects estimatable data. But in the end if you cannot eat domains that doesn't mean they don't have value.

•••
I think it is crap. Mike is right. I have domains appraised from anywhere at $0 upto $250 and yet I have sold them for 4 figures and even at a few hundreds shy of 5 figures.

So it may only be used as a guideline, but nothing more.

•••
Just always take care not to succumb to a false reality, always open your eyes to opportunities. The more you see the more value is in your domains.

•••
Bottom line like ANY sales to being with of anything. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Always has been this way and always will be. You can manipulate the price only with sales skills.

•••
I tried the tool as lots of domainers were talking about it.

I have a domain that has good search volumes and it is in a niche will SERPs low competition and can be easily monetized via affiliate marketing (I am in SEO) and even dropshipping.

Yet when I use Estibot for appraisal it says $0. Go figure.

•••
•••
If you're a broker using this tool, you're a newbie. If you're a domainer using this took, you're a newbie. :)

•••
2rotbbt.jpg

•••
I came across an interesting valuation of a domain "Messenger.biz"

This domain was valued at $39,100 by one of the Appraisal tool. link below:
http://domainindex.com/domains/messenger.biz

And, on other hand Estibot values this domain for $780
http://www.estibot.com/appraise.php

Quite interesting fact to know the appraised valued had so bigger difference. Which one is authentic?

Obviously, the Seller will find the first one 39,100 $ as more relevant.

on the contrary, the buyer will negotiate on the estibot value of $780..

This reveals the Robotic unrealistic valuation done by the so the called Appraisal Automated tools.

I suspect the big Domainers are developing their own Appraisal tools for marketing their own domains and misguiding the Customers, end users.

Now its time for ICANN to play it role and bar these Appraisal Robotic Tools.

Last edited:
•••
yay my domain valued at a pound is worth ten pound :D

•••
Just out of Interest, I wanted to see what Estibot thinks Estibot.com is worth....

Result:

Domain Details:
Domain: estibot.com
SLD: estibot
Keywords:
estibot
[ change ]
Language:
English

Category: Internet -- Domains

Appraisal Overview:
EstiBot Value: $ 0 USD [ currency ]

hahhaah .... that's hilarious.

•••
Just out of Interest, I wanted to see what Estibot thinks Estibot.com is worth....

Result:

Domain Details:
Domain: estibot.com
SLD: estibot
Keywords:
estibot
[ change ]
Language:
English

Category: Internet -- Domains

Appraisal Overview:
EstiBot Value: $ 0 USD [ currency ]

hahhaah .... that's hilarious.

This is Epic :) :) :) u made my day

•••
•••
Lol, Knowing that I made someones day today....makes my day :)

I can't stop me laughing..my stomach is aching:ahhh::-D:-D:'(

This is joke of the millenium..Estibot values themselves "0"..

hahahaahaj

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back