Domain Empire

Two breakthrough domaining tools: My parting gift to the NP community

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
NPers!

As I've alluded to several times, I never intended my domaining spree to stretch very long. With my exit from domain investment lying just around the bend, I would like to "come out of the closet" with two software tools I've been depending on for myself to pinpoint and appraise highly resellable domains in those seemingly endless drop-lists, and to offer the NP community first dibs at beta-testing these utilities gratis.

Tool #1 is domain resaleability scanner. This software takes a large list of domains (say, a TDNAM firesale list or a given day's dropping names) and picks out what it considers the most easily flippable 30-60 domains. The tool accomplishes this by scouring the web to obtain each domain's most obvious prospects and assessing, using a series of metrics, how much each obvious candidate for the domain would be likely to pay. To this day I've employed this tool for myself to locate, and within a a few days' time, flip names like JewMagazine(.)com to the owners of HeebMagazine(.)com and BowersGroup(.)com to the admin of SubGuns(.)com (a.k.a. the B'wers Group of Companies). Because of my tool's statistics, I knew as I pounded out e-mail pitches to those groups' staff members that the time I spent doing so would likely bear fruit, and it did: I pocketed $2K of revenue between the two sales.

The goal of this tool is to locate the most underrated, highest-ROI domains in drop & pre-release lists. Going back to JewMagazine(.)com and BowersGroup(.)com: I caught both at reg. fee -- after all, 99.9% of viewers manually eye-ing drop lists would probably never even consider backordering either of those names.

Tool #2 is a domain resale value appraisal utility. While Estibot often succeeds in approximating a domain's end-user value using WordTracker, Overture, and other metrics, it doesn't seek to answer such questions as:

* I see SomeDomain.com in NameJet auction. What's the maximum I can safely bid on the name knowing nothing about the keyword's corresponding industry?
* If I needed to convert SomeDomain.com into cash within the next 2 weeks, how much would I likely receive for it?

This tool strives to answer both these questions by amassing and aggregating statistics across numerous sources -- including Google, DomainTools, Estibot, Compete.com, Archive.org, and BuyDomains, among others -- to arrive at an empirical approximation of resale value. My utility analyzes not only inherent properties of the domain in question but also meta-aspects of websites corresponding to the domain's highest-probability resale prospects.

Here are some resale value appraisals arrived at by my software (still in alpha, so results are subject to change):

* DramaSquad.com - $10 (Estibot: $70)
* NewItems.com - $62 (Estibot: $37,000)
* PaperClips.com - $1150 (Estibot: $59,000)
* VegetarianFood.com - $1760 (Estibot: $28,000)
* Dangerous.com - $7380 (Estibot: $110,000)
* Vida.com - $20,800 (Estibot: $120,000)
* GlobalProducts.com - $21,800 (Estibot: $3400)
* PiggyBank.com - $56,500 (Estibot: $200,000)
* Vibrators.com - $74,900 (Estibot: $370,000)
* Veg.com - $183,800 (Estibot: $39,000)
* Chocolate.com - $1,911,000 (Estibot: $2,400,000)
* Business.com - $11,900,000 (Estibot: $15,000,000)

Both tools #1 and #2 rely on a domain liquidity analysis engine which I have completely rewritten over the past few weeks to plug information from even more data sources into its appraisal equation.

I am thinking about offering the following two services, based on these tools:
1. Exclusive access to the list of the most 30-60 "liquid" dropping/pre-release .com domains on a given day, as determined by my tool (sent to the highest bidder on a daily basis for each of 5 categories: Dropping domains, SN pre-release, NJ pre-release, TDNAM expiring domains, and TDNAM firesale).
2. Resale value appraisals, as spit out by my tool #2, @ $3 per appraisal. The reason I'd need to charge is that some of the sources my tool pings have daily query limits, and I need to create selectively to ensure I don't exceed them.

I am on the verge of seeking trustworthy volunteers from NamePros to help beta-test these tools during a 2-week period (exact dates TBD) in December. All beta testers will receive free access to usage of both these tools -- no strings attached -- except each person will be limited to receiving one liquid domains list (out of a possible 70 [= 14 days x 5 sources]) and ten appraisals. I will soon throw up a website on which users may reserve these free slots on a first-come, first-served basis.

If any questions or comments about these tools spring to mind, feel free to post them in this thread, which I am hoping to sticky in the near future [**Please do not PM me**]. If I've failed to "sell" you on these tools because they seem "too good to be true" then that's probably because I'm a programmer, not a businessman. I am, after all, here to serve, not to be served, and as such I will do my utmost to answer all questions in a timely fashion. The tools' results will speak for themselves.

Much love,
Josh

IMPORTANT: If you would like to receive priority notification when these tools become available to beta test, please shoot an e-mail to [email protected] simply containing the phrase "beta test" in the subject line. I promise to reply with nothing beyond that single alert. THE DEADLINE FOR PRIORITY NOTIFICATION SIGNUP IS 11/30 @ 11:59pm EST.

UPDATE: All beta slots have been booked. Please PM me if you would like to be placed on our waiting list.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Mail sent. Looking forward to it!

•••
Thanks, everyone! We're now down to our last few spots and will probably need to close beta-test registration prematurely due to the incredible response.

Register NOW by sending an e-mail containing the expression "beta test" in the subject line to [email protected]. You will receive a one-time alert with instructions on the day the beta test site opens; no other e-mails.

Each liquid domains list has generated me $250-$500 in profits through their sheer resale merit, as I am by no means a snazzy businessman. By signing up to beta-test these tools, you are effectively raking in several hundred dollars' liquidity for free. We're talking lists of several dozen highly resellable domains that would have otherwise dropped.

And, of course, that's in addition to the ten free appraisals...

Last edited:
•••
JoshuaPz said:
Yours is the Saint_Marck e-mail address, right? If so I got your e-mail at 2:11pm EST. Thanks.

The last signup I received was at 2:21pm EST.

Yeah, that's me. I hope I got in to your beta test.

•••
Email sent. I'm very restrictive on time but I'll be more than happy to devote some time for your project :)

•••
Email sent. Looking forward to your beta test.

•••
•••
We're almost there! 7 spots remain with three days to go...

•••
Are these gonna be free tools ?

•••
I just sent an email (fish, my real name).

I'll be getting out of domaining someday, too. After I lose 20 pounds, stop drinking and start regular church attendance.

•••
Charley said:

If you sign up for beta via the instructions in this thread, you'll have free access to one liquid domains list and ten appraisals during the beta test period. So the answer is essentially "yes, for now."

Once these tools move out to production, the daily liquid domain lists will go to the highest bidder(s) [I expect they'll top out around $100 each, given that the expected profit from each one is $250-$500], and appraisals will cost $2-$5 a pop, depending on how many appraisal credits the viewer purchases at one time. Personally I would love to make these tools completely free, but I need to impose a small of cost overhead because, given the substantial number of outside sources we query to compile our lists/appraisals and the access limitations these sources enforce (limited # of queries per day per IP, etc.), we need to ensure our resources get allocated to the domain investors who need them most urgently.

As we iteratively revamp our software tools and expand our computing power, we'll certainly re-think our price framework until we can accommodate the large possible number of domain investors given our limited resources.

Thanks for asking.

Last edited:
•••
•••
ff89 said:
Email sent

If your e-mail address is the one that starts with "zenki", then I've received your e-mail and you're now signed up.

5 spaces left...

Charley said:

You'll have free access to one liquid domains list and ten appraisals during the beta test period.

Once these tools move out to production, the daily liquid domain lists will go to the highest bidder(s) [I expect they'll top out around $100 each, given that the expected profit from each one is $250-$500], and appraisals will cost $2-$5 a pop, depending on how many appraisal credits the viewer purchases at one time. Personally I would love to make these tools completely free, but I need to impose a small of cost overhead because, given the substantial number of outside sources we query to compile our lists/appraisals and the access limitations these sources enforce (limited # of queries per day per IP, etc.), we need to ensure our resources get allocated to the domain investors who need them most urgently.

As we iteratively revamp our software tools and expand our computing power, we'll certainly re-think our price framework until we can accommodate the large possible number of domain investors given our limited resources.

Thanks for asking.

•••
We have room for only three more testers. The other 59 slots have been booked. If you want a free, exclusive list of soon-to-drop undervalued names you could flip in a week like burgers, you sure better hurry up!

•••
•••
Sent an e-mail a couple days ago. The e-mail addy should be obvious :)!

(Posting to be on the safe side!)

•••
Fka200 said:
Sent an e-mail a couple days ago. The e-mail addy should be obvious :)!

(Posting to be on the safe side!)

Got it. You're beta tester #41.

Email sent! thanks!

...and you're #61.

•••
just being on the safe side... i emailed about a week ago. email sent from "mjkgtm"

thanks!

•••
cplmjk said:
just being on the safe side... i emailed about a week ago. email sent from "mjkgtm"

thanks!

Yup...you're cozy and warm in beta-land as well. I looking forward to guiding you.

•••
JoshuaPz said:
Register NOW by sending an e-mail containing the expression "beta test" in the subject line to [email protected]. You will receive a one-time alert with instructions on the day the beta test site opens; no other e-mails.

I emailed you a few days back. Did you get it? My email was white_requiem at yahoo.com

•••
•••
email sent, sounds like an excellent tool.

•••
Beta-test registration is now closed. The response to this opportunity was unreal and I can't wait to share hard hats with all of you.

If you would like to be placed on our waiting list in case a tester neglects to book a slot following notification of our beta site's opening, please PM me. We'll notify you about the beta site after our other testers but before the general public.

Thank you all once again.

I emailed you a few days back. Did you get it? My email was white_requiem at yahoo.com

You're in, Randy. I knew you'd pop in eventually!

•••
Hello,

I emailed for beta testing as well.
Never recieved comfirmation.
Hope I made it.

•••
JoshuaPz said:
You're in, Randy. I knew you'd pop in eventually!

I always try to help my fellow domainers :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back