.Top Future Will .top be new .com???

NameSilo
Watch

John_Spar

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dude you're just looking to get rid of your portfolio because you realized it's useless. it's really pathetic
:D haha of course I also respect your comment, it's your opinion. Anyway, good luck in your decisions.

BTW

I regret not one single domain, especially not one single .top domain - I would register all of them again ;)

Last edited:
•••
1 of the promises was that on every mobile phone there would come a button ".mobi"
Who made such a promise ? It was just speculation from domainers.

BUT that doesn't want to say though that .mobi is dead. Far from it. With the extention ".mobile" coming next year I think lot's of people will get back to .mobi, because it's shorter.
.mobi is dead, and the whole concept was already obsolete when .mobi was released.

Anyhow there's new intrest by new people for.mobi. THERE WAS EVEN A YEAR AGO a UDRP-procedure began against a dotMOBIdomain-owner by a big bank. WHY would a BANK begin a procedure for a dotMOBI, if they didn't saw THE POTENTIAL IN IT ??!!
Simply because they need to defend their brands (and also thwart possible phishing operations). They would have done the same for a .tk or any TLD. So yes the IP departments for the big firms have a lot of work. It's kinda funny actually, the low number of UDRPs involving .mobi must be higher than the number of reported sales.

ANYHOW THIS IS THE ONLY EXTENTION I KNOW THAT HAD/HAS IT's OWN FORUM. => www.mobility mobi !
Do they still talk a lot about .mobi ? Apparently many subforums have been idle for years. What I know is that a few prominent members have complained about losing huge amounts of money in that TLD. But I think it's their fault, you can't always blame the registry because you believed in their marketing.

Anyway, back to .top, I don't think it's going to be a viable option outside China. The Chinese govt tends to interfere a lot with the local internet, and that also extends to dictating the choice of 'preferred' extensions. Thus, you can have oddball TLDs featuring prominently, but that would never gain traction elsewhere - that is in a more free market environment.

•••
.top will never be .info lol EVER. No exceptions.

What are you smoking that led you to believe .top would someday unseat .com??

•••
If you mean me, here are my answer/s:

You can find the reasons why I believe without any doubts that .top will be.come the new .com in most of my other postings here on nP*
*Find them just by clicking at 'All my NP postings' below (in my signature).

Another big reason is that THE MOST EXPENSIVE DOMAIN NAME IN THE WORLD is a .top domain.

I do not smoke (anything) but to speak in your words, I would say 'hope* is the dope'.
*with 'hope' I mean 'legitimate expectation' in this connection - I simply have 'clear .top visions'. Time is relative.

•••
Just because you added a price tag to your domain does not make it the most expensive domain name. I can add a higher price tag and someone else can add an other higher. Ever hear numbers have no limit? lol

•••
Ever hear numbers have no limit?

Of course - but exactly that's why there is NO fixed price tag at my domain - the price of this domain isn't clear at this time and so it isn't public and possibly it never will be published.
So it's indeed THE MOST EXPENSIVE DOMAIN NAME IN THE WORLD - also if no one will buy it ever.
I never said it's the most expensive domain name in the world which were sold.
But I believe that I will sell it someday to one individual / group / company inside the so called few elite circles.
And the result of it will be that .com will stand fast in the shadow of .top

•••
Well, let me put in this way. I have the most expensive domain name in the world. It is much more expensive than yours. It is a .tk domain which I believe I will sell it to the elite end-users.

•••
Well, let me put in this way. I have the most expensive domain name in the world. It is much more expensive than yours. It is a .tk domain which I believe I will sell it to the elite end-users.
Well, good luck - let's wait for buyers ;)
They will decide for which one they will pay more - for your .tk domain or for my .top domain.
As long as I haven't sold it, I can name my domain THE MOST EXPENSIVE DOMAIN NAME IN THE WORLD - like you / everybody because no one knows the price - I just believe, that it has the highest price for/ever because it contains the most amount of 'top' while ending with the TLD
.top

Last edited:
•••
A waste of time for debating.

•••
A waste of time for debating.
This thread - no, more the whole nP forum - is made for debating all domain related things.
So also a debate like '.com VS .top' or a debate about THE MOST EXPENSIVE DOMAIN NAME IN THE WORLD has it's place.
The question is, if you think it's 'a waste of time' - than why 'wasting your time' in this thread? ;)
Wasn't it the attraction of the TLD .top itself which brought you here?

Of course .com has it's current status (we all know that) - but .top has 'something special' which no other domain have - forever.
I think, everybody knows that and thats why .top is growing constantly - so I don't worry about .top - it will 'replace' .com someday.
This 'something special' must be also the reason for this thread ;)

Last edited:
•••
just report him for spam. he's repeating the same thing in every post

•••
•••
It seems, someone from the staff does not know that repeating the same thing is considered spam too,. And spam is also not used only for advertising purposes, even if in this case it is advertised the repeated 21 tines "top" name. Paying a few bucks allows you to pass the rules.

Last edited:
•••
Nothing spam - it's simply an ordinary discussion - so please relax.
There is the term 'top' (regardless of any TLD) and the TLD .top and .com (according to this thread).
And there is your opinion and my and it's absolute normal that opinions are different.
And thats all.
So, in this sense, all the best for 2016 - see you at nP ;)

Last edited:
•••
he's trying to rank this thread for the keyword: " the most expensive domain in the world" along with ".top"! (Personal attack / name calling removed)
if this is not spam i don't know what it is

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
•••
Why will .web do anything different than .net? It's being hyped.
Since I have heard from .web I just feel, that this* will happen.
At this moment I only can it explain as a 'deep mystic view' through my '3th eye' (yes I believe in that) - in other words, it's an intuition / premonition, a 'strong conviction without knowing really why'.

*that it will be on the 2nd rank after .top someday

That's my answer / my personal opinion, it's what I believe - no one have to agree with it, hope it helps.

•••
At this moment I only can it explain as a 'deep mystic view' through my '3th eye'
I know the meaning of the 3rd eye.
Not to be mistaken for Cyclops.

•••
•••
Is the OP the same clown who went on FB and tried convincing the world that TopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTop.top was worth a billion dollars?! lol

There is no proof or evidence that .top will ever become viable. ALL EXTENSIONS have a few good buys at first, from neophilia. But then ppl wake up, and the extension gets thrown back there with VHS, dinosaurs, and Romney's hopes of getting the White House.

•••
there is no evidence to rise of .top domains... im sorry. your name is kingof.top but there is one king and its name is not top : ) its com after net&org.

•••
I don't have any problem to identify the current rank of the TLDs - it's simply the result of all circumstances - but circumstances can change (also fast, especially in our time) as we know.
Keeping that in mind, is a good base to be patient.
I don't even know what the next second will happen - so I always stay positive yeahhh good luck to all ;)

Last edited:
•••
You need therapy.

I don't have any problem to identify the current rank of the TLDs - it's simply the result of all circumstances - but circumstances can change (also fast, especially in our time) as we know.
Keeping that in mind, is a good base to be patient.
I don't even know what the next second will happen - so I always stay positive yeahhh good luck to all ;)

•••
At least you got 140 likes in the "OFFICIAL FB PAGE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE DOMAIN NAME IN THE WORLD"... somehow lol

To get back into discussion, in order for .top to get recognized well it need
- end user / people who actually develop in .top extention
- non-chinese market exposure

I'm not seeing it at the moment

•••
...the same clown...

You need therapy.
:D Funny comments haha yeahhh

But let's remember, this is a thread about .com and .top and not about me.
BTW don't worry - I am ok
;)

/// So, back to the theme
I think, everybody who learn about the TLD .top will register at least one .top domain sooner or later in his life (if the circumstances allow) while I don't think, that it's the same with the TLD .com because .com do not convey the 'vitality' like .top does in my perception.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back