.Top Future Will .top be new .com???

Spaceship
Watch

John_Spar

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I may be missing something here but what is this motion based on? Is there any hard evidence that end uers are perfectly positioned to adopt .top due to some overlooked benefit it has over .com or is there another reason?

Is it not simply that each new extension has the same chance as the others to be a success, whilst dependant on variables such as backing, sense and appeal? In which case wouldn't .xyz trump .top due to it's current backing, or .online, or any of the other more focussed gTLD's?

DI

•••
The powerful term 'top' is a real word / term with the symbolic meaning of the 'last / highest reachable point of everything' while 'com' is just the abbreviation of 'commercial' which have no real universal meaning - it's more a 'mutated web related standard term without a soul' in my eyes - I hope you understand how I mean that.

That's the benefit of the TLD .top

In this sense and as a logic result I would describe .com as the 'base TLD' (beginning, below) and .top as the 'top TLD' (ending, top).

•••
Well, good luck - let's wait for buyers ;)
They will decide for which one they will pay more - for your .tk domain or for my .top domain.
As long as I haven't sold it, I can name my domain THE MOST EXPENSIVE DOMAIN NAME IN THE WORLD - like you / everybody because no one knows the price - I just believe, that it has the highest price for/ever because it contains the most amount of 'top' while ending with the TLD
.top

I just priced my old coffee cup:
US $234567899643456789764456789987656789987654567890987655678.50

It probably makes it most the expensive coffee cup ever, but no one will ever consider buying it.

On topic: .TOP have sold better than most new gTLDs because of the current Chinese domain hype. But still the prices are less then 1% of the equivalent .COM.

Everyone can dream, but it's wise to still stay realistic.

•••
I just priced my old coffee cup:
US $234567899643456789764456789987656789987654567890987655678.50

It probably makes it most the expensive coffee cup ever, but no one will ever consider buying it.

On topic: .TOP have sold better than most new gTLDs because of the current Chinese domain hype. But still the prices are less then 1% of the equivalent .COM.

Everyone can dream, but it's wise to still stay realistic.

Yeahhh coffee cup highsize with ....50 cent psyprice (smart strategy) ;)
But the question is: Why you try something without believing in it ('...but no one will ever consider buying it.')?

+++

The 'current chinese domain hype' is part of the 'whole domain hype in the whole domain scene in the whole world' since it's easy for 'everyone' to register a domain from 'everywhere' (and this whole hype is still growing).
So I don't see this current chinese hype as the reason for the steady growth of .top
Maybe this hype have / is speed/ing up the growth for a while - but at the end I don't think that .top need any hypes to expand worldwide.
And, always remember - it's all just the beginning.

To speak wise, I would say it's a realistic dream to invest in .top instead of .com - the time has changed.

Last edited:
•••
Okay, I'll be nice: show me widespread uusage of .top and we'll continue.

•••
Okay, I'll be nice: show me widespread uusage of .top and we'll continue.

I don't care if you continue or not but it's always wise to be nice ;)
Yeahhh, wise again, this term is mystiiik!

+++

Find the statistics of the worldwide activity of .top for example at https://namestat.org/top

Last edited:
•••
(Insensitive language removed)

The number of ppl who register an extension HAS NO CORRELATION TO THE STRENGTH OR THE FUTURE OF ONE!

Kind sir, did you seriously think even 1.5% of the entire world is developing .top? The buyers are mostly foolish (ie you) investors. Hopes riding on the strength of investors is the recipe for disaster that befalls 100% every new extension.

You are flawed. Yet you're too lost into your dreams of balloons and fluffy clouds to see it.

I don't care if you continue or not but it's always wise to be nice ;)
Yeahhh, wise again, this term is mystiiik!

+++

Find the statistics of the worldwide activity of .top for example at https://namestat.org/top

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
(...) Yet you're too lost into your dreams of balloons and fluffy clouds to see it.
Haha your perception simply isn't mine, you just tell us your view ;)
The TLD .top just gives me the reason why I am inside the domain biz.
You are welcome to read all my nP postings to understand why .top and not .com
All the best.

Last edited:
•••
It seems, someone from the staff does not know that repeating the same thing is considered spam too,. And spam is also not used only for advertising purposes, even if in this case it is advertised the repeated 21 tines "top" name. Paying a few bucks allows you to pass the rules.

Been reporting this clown for months for the spamfest he is on, every thread, every post -
even if it's OFF TOPIC, which most are
NOT EVERY THREAD IS ABOUT U FOOL.TOP

I guess being a Business member has it's perks, too bad he's chasing your serious 'audience" away ;)

•••
Yes. He thought someone calling his mindset foolish was "insensitive" and wanted it removed. He's already guaranteed to fail--doesn't know how to take anything given to him that isn't kissed with roses.

It means nothing to me: he'll lose every penny he invests and will be another one of those dreamers I mentioned.

Good luck with .top. You need it.

•••
Heyyy to all relaxed nP members - let me recall, that this is a thread about .com / .top and not a thread about my person - although it seems so in the meanwhile haha - sry, I don't know why some nP members here love to talk about me and love to share their (partly not comprehensible) views about me again and agaain and agaaain haha I dont knowww but yeahhh mystiiik energyyy respeeect and spiritual looove through all TLDs yeahhh domainlife is funnny but let's stay pro at namePros ;)

So - let's share y/our opinion/s to the threads original theme which is:
''.Top Future Will .top be new .com???''

Last edited:
•••
There is no future for .top. In fact, you're the only person I know of who praises it.

Oh well. Even William Hung was amusing for a week. To save my sanity, I'm unsubscribing from this thread now.

•••
I was told .tel was the dotcom killer. I was lied to.
Anyway I will consider .top the day I need to send spam to Chinese end users, or to sell counterfeit merchandise. .top is already an established player in these niches.

•••
Well I did buy 2 .top names because dynadot gives me 50% off for matching domains in other extensions, and .top is like $1 in dynadot...

•••
My future is .top and .tel isn't comparable with .top
And, I am sure that there is much more spam and counterfeit merchandise on the way (sry, on the web) through .com than through .top ;)

Last edited:
•••
@kingof.top

could you please share your best 5 .top names?
thanks

•••
.top is actually likely to be one of the worst extensions in my opinion. Has no obvious application and business' who want to be taken seriously certainly can't use it.

It's a weird gimmicky sounding tld and this thread might very well be the most attention it ever gets.

•••
@4pm

Yes, of course - here are my current 5 best .top domains:

toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top
themostexpensivedomainnameintheworld.top
worldsmost.top
thanx.top
kingof.top

Hope that helps ;)

General addition
I know that it's hard to believe for some few here that I am so convinced of the TLD
.top and my domains - but it's simply fact, it's simply already a part of that what's happen in the Domain scene.

No one has to agree with me / my domains and no one has to follow this thread if he / she doesn't like it.
So please, dear nP members, stay away from attacking my person for my opinions or for the domains that I register and just relaaax - I do the same.

To say that I am 'spamming' is just nonsense - every of my postings is a 'handwritten' original (except of some few old, first postings - but I have learned).
Sorry, if I am 'too active' for you - but that's really not my problem.
Everyone can write as much as he / she want as long as it is no spam.

This (black written, not grey written) post is just an answer to the question of another nP member (see above) - so again, it is not 'spam' or 'advertising'.
We just could / should learn from each other, that's the point of a discussion forum.
I am always ready to discuss in a respectful way but not to insult each other.
So let's stay pro at namepros.

In this sense I wish you all good luck with your domains yeahhh!!! !! !

Last edited:
•••

worldsmost.top
thanx.top
kingof.top

Hope that helps

thanks. it did help.

•••
dot top kinda sounds awful as a brand name too, I mean just say the following two lines out loud...

mycompany dot com
mycompany dot top

Which one have a much more natural, pleasant flow?
Which one is killed at the ending by dot to top transition (a hard 't' ending on dot and a hard 't' start to top).

This is just yet another reason why you are so so lost right now, it's better you learn domaining and branding a bit before trying to compare apples and oranges.

•••
@4pm

worldsmost.top
thanx.top
kingof.top

Hope that helps ;)

Excellent domains lol

•••
so much bothering here..when will ever these debates stop in this forum?
and why would some one report a spam to another one because of his opinion?

some one thinks that .top will be the next .com one day..so what is the problem?
he is free to think what ever he wants..does this hurt you?

and so many people out there think that .xyz is the next .com they are free to think and believe what ever they want ..
we will see what will happen with the market....please stop this mess here.

•••
dot top kinda sounds awful as a brand name too, I mean just say the following two lines out loud...

mycompany dot com
mycompany dot top

Which one have a much more natural, pleasant flow?
Which one is killed at the ending by dot to top transition (a hard 't' ending on dot and a hard 't' start to top).

This is just yet another reason why you are so so lost right now, it's better you learn domaining and branding a bit before trying to compare apples and oranges.

Ok, lets say it say it loud:

mycompany dot com !!! :?:
mycompany dot top !!! :!:

My opinion is, that mycompany dot top sounds (and looks) in every way better.
So I clearly recommend to choose / use .top for branding - it simply sounds and looks very high end and professional.
I would go so far to say .top also 'smells' better haha because 'com' 'smells' just commercially while 'top' smells qualitatively.
And if I .com and .top would have a taste, I think .top would have the more pleasant taste haha yeahhh domaintaste ;)

I understand your 'double t transition' argument because you are on the '.com side' haha but exactly this 'double t transition' is one of the great benefits of .top because it means that you directly can say dotop like one word and this is very cool and nearly unique (in the area of the most successfull TLDs), it sounds very well: mycompany dotop :!:
And, last but not least, beside of this benefit, it's allways possible, to omit saying dot between mycompany and top - it's allways stylish to say mycompany top which sounds like mycompany is top ;)

In fact I don't compare apples and oranges, I much more seperate them - because I am not lost, I have to say I am on the way, walk like on air, yeahhh

Last edited:
•••
Sigh.... this is going to be a loooong year.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back