IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
We still have free speech when most democracies don't even know what those words mean, probably including the authors. We have a right to bear arms, protection from un warranted search and seizure.

Unrestrained free speech has a cost to democracy. It isn't free. Preferable to bullets and bombs, but I might question the wisdom (and maturity) of mixing these rights when there is but one conductor of the orchestra and the trumpet section is playing out of tune.

•••
We still have free speech when most democracies don't even know what those words mean, probably including the authors. We have a right to bear arms, protection from un warranted search and seizure.

With the extreme progressives and big tech, free speech is rapidly disappearing. Not so sure that the US has the freest speech anymore. The right to bear arms - you still have that. But search and seizure.... the IRS and local police make a practice of seizing property without the need for any conviction in court. It7s essentially legalized theft. And throw in eminent domain laws as well.

Not sure how it fits in, but the use of heavily armed and militarized SWAT teams for run of the mill arrests is also concerning. And the extraordinary number of Americans behind bars simply cannot be justified in any system.

•••
Unrestrained free speech has a cost to democracy. It isn't free.

Maybe not. But it's a heck of a lot better than the alternative.

•••
•••
With the extreme progressives and big tech, free speech is rapidly disappearing. Not so sure that the US has the freest speech anymore.

How many times have we gone over this? More free than Japan.
https://rsf.org/en/ranking

It'll get better under Biden.

"Press freedom in the United States continued to suffer during President Donald Trump’s third year in office. Arrests, physical assaults, public denigration and the harassment of journalists continued in 2019, though the numbers of journalists arrested and assaulted were slightly lower than the year prior. Much of that ire has come from President Trump and his associates in the federal government, who have demonstrated the United States is no longer a champion of press freedom at home or abroad. This dangerous anti-press sentiment has trickled down to local governments, institutions and the American public. In March 2019, a leaked document revealed the US government was using a secret database tracking journalists, activists and others who border authorities believed should be stopped for questioning when crossing certain checkpoints along the US-Mexico border. A couple months later, the Justice Department charged Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange with 17 counts of the WWI-era Espionage Act. If he is convicted, this would set a dangerous precedent for journalists who publish classified US government information of public interest moving forward. Under President Trump, the White House has strategically replaced traditional forms of press access with those that limit the ability of journalists to ask questions of the administration. The last daily, televised White House press briefing led by a press secretary took place in March 2019, and since then the federal government has made multiple attempts to deny specific journalists and news outlets access to other opportunities for press engagement."

Again, your boy.

Last edited:
•••
Not sure how it fits in, but the use of heavily armed and militarized SWAT teams for run of the mill arrests is also concerning. And the extraordinary number of Americans behind bars simply cannot be justified in any system.

What about in cases of riots and such?

•••
•••
Vaccination rates. Mr-x said Alaska had one of the highest when actually one of the lowest

Thanks @JB Lions.

When was kid; behooved me Alaska least populated. It is such a large state :xf.laugh:

I guess the one time size doesnt matter.

Arent Canada’s glaciers going to melt anyway?

Last edited:
•••

This was hilarious.

CNN reporter was so scared.

Only time i disagreed. and “Satan”? :ROFL:
Really, Nice >.< It was bad reviews; i’ll give u that.
And the social distancing makes performing tougher.

I like this better than 1 guy from Red Hot 🌶 peppers.

Put shirt on dude :hungover: I dont even remember guy with him not my music..Red Hot Chilli Pep, past prime even then. That’s my “worst superbowl halftime show of all time”

i dont even remember which Superbowl it was. LOL

Last edited:
•••
You guys are in for a rough 4....sorry 8 years.

If you ever want to re-join reality we will still be here.

Brad
8?

You know how old this guy is, Brad? :xf.laugh:

Last edited:
•••
8?

You know how old this guy is, Brad? :xf.laugh:

Maybe Biden. Maybe not.

If the economy is doing well and COVID is in the rear window and the GOP is doing nothing but obstructing, while the Democratic party passes popular policies, it won't really even matter who is on the ticket then.

The GOP better get rid of the nuts and needs to offer good faith solutions to expand their voter base. The demographics are not on their side. The base keeps shrinking each election.

Older people die off only to be replaced by younger, more liberal voters. You are not going to be a viable national party going forward by only winning the older, white male demographic.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Maybe Biden. Maybe not.

If the economy is doing well and COVID is in the rear window and the GOP is doing nothing but obstructing, while the Democratic party passes popular policies, it won't really even matter who is on the ticket then.

The GOP better get rid of the nuts and needs to offer good faith solutions to expand their voter base. The demographics are not on their side. The base keeps shrinking each election.

Brad

Kamala Harris is a solid-if-unspectacular candidate.

She reminds me of her state’s Politics.

She’s probably driving force majority of the E.O.s ;P
Time will tell. She seems like she got in due to race.
i’m kidding! (have to say that or i get cancelled...)
Admit annoying everyone makes everything about race.

but... Who knows. It’s Black History Month ; )
I never had an issue with this Holiday;
boggles mind; anyone find Black history month racist.
If you say that; you’ll get cancelled.

Last edited:
•••
I had a friend message me the other day. He is an independent that voted for Trump in 2016 but didn't like the results.

He voted for Biden this time.

He said - "I was just watching Biden speak. He is so boring it made me want to go to sleep. It is great."

A lot of people felt that way, that is why Biden won. People were just sick of the daily drama and chaos. A return to boring political normalcy seems pretty popular at the moment.

It is the suburbs, not the cities where Trump lost the election. He actually did better in many cities than he did in 2016, but far worse in the moderate suburbs.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
When was kid; behooved me Alaska least populated. It is such a large state :xf.laugh:

I guess the one time size doesnt matter.

Arent Canada’s glaciers going to melt anyway?

When South/Western water goes bye-bye, US'll be importing glacier water :xf.wink:

•••
•••
How many times have we gone over this? More free than Japan.
https://rsf.org/en/ranking

Funny stuff. So you lose out in democracy, but in press freedom, you are the champs. The US ranks 45th in press freedom - just ahead of Papua New Guinea. Congrats! Stand proud!

You can argue all day, but at the end of the day you have no basis for comparison, not having even visited (mush less lived in) the countries you try to discuss. You can't Google your way to wisdom and experience.

Also funny all the chat about Assange. It's the Dems who want him locked up most of all. The so-called journalists in America have been virtually silent about him. And you think Biden will be better? On what basis?

•••
Funny stuff. So you lose out in democracy, but in press freedom, you are the champs. The US ranks 45th in press freedom - just ahead of Papua New Guinea. Congrats! Stand proud!

You can argue all day, but at the end of the day you have no basis for comparison, not having even visited (mush less lived in) the countries you try to discuss. You can't Google your way to wisdom and experience.

Also funny all the chat about Assange. It's the Dems who want him locked up most of all. The so-called journalists in America have been virtually silent about him. And you think Biden will be better? On what basis?

Ahead of Japan. And you can take the arguments you just made and apply them to you.

Also, went thru the Cato and Heritage stats (human freedom/economic freedom) in the past, U.S. ahead of Japan as well. Your feelings on the U.S. doesn't trump reality/facts.

"And you think Biden will be better? On what basis?"

Taking questions from everybody, you just saw today Fox News.

Doesn't stop experts like Fauci from going on certain networks, hovering over him like Trump did. He's free to speak the truth wherever he wants to go.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ahead of Japan.

I am wondering why "better than Japan" is so important to you. Is it an Asian obsession? For me, I made my choice based on experience, not Google. I assume you love whatever place you live in Florida, though lots of people think the whole state is a dump. Shouldn't bother you if you are happy there, though. Why would you care what others think?

It seems to upset you that someone would choose to leave the US, as more and more people are. Why is that? Seems to reflect an insecurity.

•••
I am wondering why "better than Japan" is so important to you. Is it an Asian obsession? For me, I made my choice based on experience, not Google. I assume you love whatever place you live in Florida, though lots of people think the whole state is a dump. Shouldn't bother you if you are happy there, though. Why would you care what others think?

It seems to upset you that someone would choose to leave the US, as more and more people are. Why is that? Seems to reflect an insecurity.

I use Japan because that's where you are and you're the one obsessed, not me. I only respond to your posts, I don't start Japan is this and that posts. You post a lot of nonsense about the United States, I simply point out you're wrong.

Same with China. You said in the past Communist China is more free than the United States. China is much worse than Japan.

You clearly have some downfall of the U.S. obsession, it's a good chunk of your posting.

Last edited:
•••
I use Japan because that's where you are and you're the one obsessed, not me

Obsessed with what? And how does being better than Japan or China serve as a standard for the USA? Is that good enough for you?

You said in the past Communist China is more free than the United States. C

Again the misquotes. I said in some ways. And it was. Maybe still is in fewer ways. You use the word freedom without thinking about what it means to you, like most Americans. You just parrot the words and believe them because that is what is drilled into you from an early age.

Muh freedom. Even as it is taken from you.

Last edited:
•••
Obsessed with what? And how does being better than Japan or China serve as a standard for the USA? Is that good enough for you?

Again the misquotes. I said in some ways. And it was. Maybe still is in fewer ways. You use the word freedom without thinking about what it means to you, like most Americans. You just parrot the words and believe them because that is what is drilled into you from an early age.

Muh freedom. Even as it is taken from you.

More free than Japan. It doesn't take me much time correcting you, since I've done it so many times, it's merely copy and paste at this point. And you're struggling with reading again. I didn't say Japan and China were standards, I was correcting you.

Domainace:
"I haven't been a US resident for over 20 years" said in 2013

"At least, in China, the people have some idea of how free they are"

Make that almost 28 years now.

Last edited:
•••
More free than Japan. It doesn't take me much time correcting you, since I've done it so many times, it's merely copy and paste at this point.

Yes you can copy and paste. But can you think?

By what standard is it freer than Japan (since that seems the gold standard according to you)?

I know the odds of being arrested and going to prison in the US are about 100 times greater than in Japan. Almost half of all American men are arrested at some point, whereas arrest here is quite unusual. More prisoners per capita than any nation by a long shot.

Americans cannot invest their money they way they want, and are almost unique among nations in this regard. High risk high reward investments are banned for the working class and only allowed for the rich. Americans are taxed worldwide, no matter where they live and work, again unique among nations. The schools are filled with drugs, if not violence and shootings.

Tell me, in what way are you more free? I must be missing something. Give me an example.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back