IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most of the end-users have a college degree for certification so this should be an issue just for some sellers.

Gl with it.

•••
My IT certifications from VMware/EMC aren't good either.

of course not. what government do you think vmware is?

http://registry.pro/pro/eligibility

* Provides professional services

* Validated by a government certification body or government-recognized jurisdictional entity that regularly verifies the accuracy of its data

* In good standing with its authority

•••
These things won't work:
-Business license
-Certification (in my case, IT certifications from VMware or EMC, etc.) WHat you know... VMware Certified PROfessional is not good enough to verify .pro registration. lol

Response from encirca:
The pro registry is not accepting the business license. Please send us any educationa degree certificate or masterals if you have one.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

I sent email to all the emails on contact us page on pro registry yesterday, still no reply.

Look here for information on the registry's restrictions. EnCirca is just a pass thru anyway, not an enforcer:

http://total.pro/pro_domain_restrictions.php

Get an LLC, in the cheapest state possible (although they always mark-up a little for 'foreign entities' (e.g. out of state ) registrants). The state (e.g. gov't) gives you a license number for your business and use that. Or become a notary public (cheaper, but a bit harder to do). It doesn't just have to be about education. The registry is going to be hard put to shoot you down if you provide a license number like that. First of all, there's a lot of lower-hanging fruit to go after, and they won't do themselves or their subsidiaries a fiscal service if they go overboard, and plus there's all kinds of holes, as I've pointed out many times, in their restrictions.
It could even wind up in court if they harassed the wrong people the wrong way, IMO.

•••
Has anyone ever visited a developed .PRO site...?

Do they even exist?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Here's 50. Plenty more where they came from.

adobetraining.pro
audiosex.pro
audioz.pro
banquettables.pro
bassblog.pro
calgaryrealestate.pro
cinetube.pro
clarion.pro
crimescene.pro
disruptivehealth.pro
duiilawyer.pro
edmontonrealestate.pro
emobility.pro
florida-real-estate.pro
handicraft.pro
newsletter.pro
nifty.pro
roar.pro
sunlightsolar.pro
tucker.pro
artech.pro
et.team.pro
fcufa.pro
fitster.pro
hoangthieuza.pro
honlapkeszites.pro
howtobe.pro
jardineria.pro
manchat.pro
marichat.pro
mirtankov.pro
musica.pro
netset.pro
nutricion.pro
ofav.pro
otauupdatecenter.pro
paintingsgallery.pro
phoenix.zip.pro
pmcfa.pro
pooka.pro
reboot.pro
shafigullin.pro
siba.pro
somnium.pro
spet.pro
sudak.pro
texasfiddle.pro
virtus.pro
winwins.pro
yavuz.pro

8^X

Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla.
You don't quit when you're tired.
You quit when the gorilla is tired.​

•••
•••
•••
"The .PRO domain continues to rise in popularity as licensed professionals looking to brand themselves online are securing their preferred names at an amazing rate"

a·maz·ing/əˈmāziNG/
Adjective:
1. Causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing.
2. Startlingly impressive.

Seriously! How many different types of licensed professionals are going to secure their preferred name?

"and their interest in the .com domain is in a steady decline because their preferred names are rarely available in .com."

OOOOOOk. Most of these folks are going to go with an alternative .com once they find out their "preferred name" has already been registered in .pro.

Anyway, if you're just starting out I'd avoid "investing" in this extension. I've managed to profit well, but I know that is very rare.

•••
•••
Encirca didn't mention this but let's see how this goes :)

•••
There are many geo names in this auction and I don't believe they fit so well in .pro.
santaclaus.pro ? islam.pro ?

I see a few like electrician.pro or engineers.pro that fit well but I would not be surprised if the majority of domains do not get bids. At least the reserves are low.

Last edited:
•••
I think the (state).pro names would have end-user value.

amusing micro-geo: "santa claus" is the name of a small town in southern Indiana, population about 2,000

•••
I stopped reading those "premium" .pro domains once I red islam and jesus .pro Did sedo accepted any .pro submitted or what?
The only domain I liked was pharmacist.pro, which I may probably bid on. I found it just with CTRL+F :p

•••
EnCirca Joins SedoMLS Premium, Along with Two New TLDs

Sedo adds .pro and .mobi support to SedoMLS.

•••
•••
•••
Great post Jurgen. This is the type of stuff that AFILIAS can do that others would have a hard time doing. Greater .pro recognition and in the sedomls marketplace along with the other news being posted such as college degrees being accepted to meet registration requirements is a big step in the right direction.

Video.pro and Movie.pro are my picks for the upcoming sedo auction. They are letting some good ones go!

•••
•••
I just finished the sale of WebHost()pro for $550. I feel it could've brought more but I'm ok with this. Snapped it for 60$ some months ago.

I sent more than 300 e-mails for this name, got exactly 7 interested replies and several non. But negotiation didn't go through. Paypal did the job at last.

•••
Little strange that registry.pro doesn't announce the sedo auction anywhere and it has already started?

•••
2.5 days left on that auction, and 80 percent of the names have no bids.

•••
Most of the names picked by registry are not really that good, don't fit the extension very well.

Also, lack of marketing.

•••
It will all come down to the last minute. More activity than I would have thought with no marketing. It's interesting that sedo is handling this auction and not godaddy. Maybe because godaddy still doesn't carry .pro

•••
2.5 days left on that auction, and 80 percent of the names have no bids.

I used to sell a lot on eBay and people usually don't want to tip their hand until the last minute. When I was buying I would track the coin I wanted but never bid until the last few minutes. People kinda start setting their limits based on how many different bidders there are ... among other things. So when you go in there in the last few minute and bid and then another person bids, they have to start rethinking their strategy and it just plain messes with their head. :)

But 80% is a lot and it would be nice to see more bids.

8^X

•••
I see a few names that could be re-sold for profit with no bids but I'm to cheap to bid xxx. Will skip this one.

•••
Think some are easily worth a grand. The easing of the restrictions even slightly to include post grads and professional certifications is a big plus. It's a sign of easing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back