NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So anyone can register a .pro domain now they just need to submit their profession at the time of registration.

Also anyone who owns a .pro could be randomly audited and would require them to provide the following:

• Name
  • Date of Birth or Date of Registration
  • Profession
  • Jurisdictional Country
  • Licensing Authority
  • License Number
  • Link to Licensing Authority's Web site

Has anyone been subject to a random audit? I'm assuming if you don't provide this data or at least provide acceptable data then the domain is taken away. What happens to the domain when this happens? Is it auctioned somewhere or just deleted like a normal pending delete domain?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
So anyone can register a .pro domain now they just need to submit their profession at the time of registration.

Also anyone who owns a .pro could be randomly audited and would require them to provide the following:

• Name
  • Date of Birth or Date of Registration
  • Profession
  • Jurisdictional Country
  • Licensing Authority
  • License Number
  • Link to Licensing Authority's Web site

Has anyone been subject to a random audit? I'm assuming if you don't provide this data or at least provide acceptable data then the domain is taken away. What happens to the domain when this happens? Is it auctioned somewhere or just deleted like a normal pending delete domain?

I had to go through this. I supplied the requested information using a professional designation I earned from a federal government agency. Unfortunately, that agency doesn't have a lookup tool on their website to verify that someone actually has this designation. I was informed that I did not complete the verification process successfully and that the domains would be INACTIVE. Luckily, I have an unrelated license with a state-level department that I plugged in to replace the one they didn't like. That license can be verified online. I haven't heard anything since.

EnCirca pointed out the 3 things Pro Registry looks for:
1) The registrant contact and AV data (license credentials) match. If they don't, this is the reason for the failure.
2) The license can be verified using the link (the contact should be searchable on the license authority website)
3) The registrant's license should be current.

•••
EnCirca pointed out the 3 things Pro Registry looks for:
1) The registrant contact and AV data (license credentials) match. If they don't, this is the reason for the failure.
2) The license can be verified using the link (the contact should be searchable on the license authority website)
3) The registrant's license should be current.

Good info here. Thank you.

•••
Caught Rings.pro in auction.

News.pro in auction now but I have no chance.

•••
•••
News.pro at 1200$ so far with over 2 days to go.

We may see a record here in PRO aftermarket :)

•••
At this point Afilias isn't saying much about .Pro. Their home page is loaded with info on the new gTLDs.

Can someone direct me to the information regarding the Pro auction coming up later this year? I saw it mentioned in a recent post. And if anyone knows of anything positive posted about .Pro please tell me where it is.

This page shows graphically which gTLDs and ccTLDs that Afilias supports.

http://www.afilias.info/about-us/customers

•••
•••
•••
•••
At this point, you can't doubt the pickup in activity on .pro's
I'm guessing you guys are getting some tire kicking on your .pro's as I have been over the last few months. I personally don't see any reason to sell, but certainly understand why others are.

•••
Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, $4k for supplier is a great price.

Guess I need to get out more and find some buyers!

Congrats to the seller, very good auction.

•••
•••
!

Speaking of which, does anyone know what news.pro eventually sold for?

Auction is still going. Got 16 hours left. Current bid at $1,180.

•••
Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, $4k for supplier is a great price.

Guess I need to get out more and find some buyers!

Congrats to the seller, very good auction.

[Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder]; agreed.

I don't know if the buyer came from Walmart, Target, Costco and or one of their business partner or supplier; then will you still say that [$4k for supplier is a great price] (Who knows)?! :lol:

Most of the .pro domain investor likes to see the values (sales price) of .pro getting better, aren't you?

•••
Nice find. Just curious, how do you find out about these .pro auctions on sedo? Is there some way to automatically be notified or do you just check periodically?
Just the feeds ...

http://sedo.com/rss/rss_list.php?rss_id=3

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Speaking of which, does anyone know what news.pro eventually sold for?
- Winning bid => 3,600 USD

- High bidder => nameseeker

:wave:

Last edited:
•••
Diet.pro in auction at Snapnames (expired domain)...

Currently at $1,050 with 39 bidders. 3 days left.

•••
1250$ now but still a lot left.

dating.pro at 750
credit and debt at 550
taxes at 350.

all will end in the same time, will post the results.

•••
Just noticed this

while doing a little google search I spotted this ad and thought someone here might appreciate it san francisco dry wall - Google Search.png

In regards to the above mentioned words at auction...it is too bad they do not have bids substantially higher

It will likely take all available 1 word and decent domains to be off the market before values go up across the board

I am guessing a few hundred thousand to a 1 million .pro registered before a base price of x,xxx for most one word .pro domains

or ?

•••
•••
I am guessing a few hundred thousand to a 1 million .pro registered before a base price of x,xxx for most one word .pro domains

or ?
I can not talk about others, but I am actually receiving serveral XXX-XXXX USD offers for my .pro domains every week.

About 23 hours left, and no any new bid at moment...
This is not only for .pro ones, SEDO auctions use to end with the first bid almost all the times. :bah:

•••
credit pro up to 1200$ already.

These are auctions on dropped names, re-seller prices.

Dot Pro's biggest problem atm is SEO as I see it. It gets indexed with lots of work. If this is sorted out, dot pro will become a really serious competitor for the top 5.

We will see a lot of end-user sales this year.

•••
Dot Pro's biggest problem atm is SEO as I see it.
That is an urban legend, dot pro works for SEO exactly as any other gTLD (com, net, org, biz, travel, etc) or ccgTLD (cc, tv, ws, etc).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back