Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
More interesting sale to analyse:

telefonpassning.se Jul 25, 2011 €4K Sedo
Visit it to see the potential of .PRO

Last edited:
•••
Received 2 bids on Sedo.
French Geo.

Last edited:
•••
FRANCAIS.PRO ... it sort of looks French. ?? You reckon maybe ???

To the Batmobile Robin. We have a French class to attend !!!

_\|/_

Last edited:
•••
kuhni.pro ("kitchens" in ukrainian & russian) recently sold for $400 at forum.searchengines.ru
+ okna.pro ("windows" in russian) $290

•••
That's very good news! :gn:

Strange enough, I snapped telephones.pro in May 2010 for just $49. Maybe I should try to sell it more aggressively. :blink:

-Kuli

Last edited by a moderator:
•••

Last edited:
•••
I wonder, why do .tv , .info and .mobi have their own big individual threads while .pro hasn't ? I find it wrong as there should be one in which we can open more threads with more info imo!

Can we change it ?

Eric, Ron, Matt?

•••
I wonder, why do .tv , .info and .mobi have their own big individual threads while .pro hasn't ? I find it wrong as there should be one in which we can open more threads with more info imo!

Can we change it ?

Eric, Ron, Matt?

I think that would be opening a huge can of worms which would then lead to an .XXX forum and then a .CO forum and on and on and on. In my opinion, these other TLD forums should be eliminated. ((:ghost:))

•••
Don't make me quote your other "opinions".

"these other TLD forums should be eliminated"

There's only .com in the world and any other TLDs should be eliminated from this evil world because they are worthless and I don't agree with their existence because it makes me angry and frustrated, right?

MicroGuy, I believe I speak in the name of many NP members when I affirm : We do NOT care about your opinions regarding any TLD(which is not dot com) WHILE you're having this attitude.

In rest, all the best.

•••
There's a nice gold forum at Kitco.com. Nothing like chatting about metal assets.

8^X

•••
I recently hand regged CarFinance.pro. Any ideas on this one?

•••
•••
MicroGuy, I believe I speak in the name of many NP members when I affirm : We do NOT care about your opinions regarding any TLD(which is not dot com) WHILE you're having this attitude.

I mean if you think about this logically, why is there a .MOBI forum still here in 2012? ((:|))

It makes no sense. It's pretty obvious that it along with .PRO has pretty much bit the dust. If anything, there should be a .ORG and a .NET forum. I think you are going to see some very positive changes coming very soon. IMO.

The problem in this thread continues to be a complete lack of clear and objective thinking.

•••
So what will it take MG for you to see .pro as not a failure? 50m registrations? Seven figure sales? Out-performance of .com?

.MOBI
Idea: The world needs .mobi, because as more people use mobile devices and they need special websites.
Wrong: the browsers fixed this issue.
It grew fast and crashed hard.

.PRO on the other hand has had admittedly very slow, growth, but I believe is growing more steadily.

.Pro and .Mobi are nothing alike.

•••
The problem in this thread continues to be a complete lack of clear and objective thinking.

The problem in this thread continues to be a complete lack of clear and objective thinking on the part of the management of NamePros that inexplicably continues to allow MicroGuy to remain a part of NamePros.

If you feel that his neurotic rants do not have a negative impact on your forum, you're wrong. You just lost your first customer solely because of MicroGuy. Bye

•••
.PRO on the other hand has had admittedly very slow, growth, but I believe is growing more steadily.

In my view the Internet is leaning away from independent site development and into a consolidation period.

This is creating a condition where we have a massive oversupply of domains both registered and available.

The .PRO is not wanted and even more importantly it's not needed. I recommend sticking with .COM for business and .ORG for non profits.

•••
I mean if you think about this logically, why is there a .MOBI forum still here in 2012? ((:|))

1. Because .mobi was considered a good tld years ago and nobody reorganized the forum yet.

2. You're welcome to come with solutions in order for this thread to achieve a clear/objective thinking.

If you feel that his neurotic rants do not have a negative impact on your forum, you're wrong. You just lost your first customer solely because of MicroGuy. Bye

Mr. Lowe, I don't think that you leaving will solve anything. It will only be worse without you around.

The .PRO is not wanted and even more importantly it's not needed. I recommend sticking with .COM for business and .ORG for non profits.

Like AutoInsurance.org? Very 'non-profit' I guess. I don't bother searching for more. Times are changing with every second that passes, you can only keep up, it's your choice if you do or do not. And .pro is and will remain needed just because it sounds professional,it's business marketing for many.

It's all about business here, some are making money, some are not but don't accuse a whole extension, it's not correct.

Andrei.

•••
It makes no sense. It's pretty obvious that it along with .PRO has pretty much bit the dust.
:lol:

Please define from which perspective?
  • Registrants are earning revenues.
  • Regtrars are earning revenue.
  • Registry just sold to Afilias, which has fair understanding of online marketing.
    You don't think that the GoDaddy auction happening in the very week they announced the Registry sale was a coincidence, do you?

Which is what? Buy only .com? What's your average ROI with .com? 2x or 10x or 100x?

Also think extension specific sections on the forum are pretty much a waste today, what with 100s of new ones expected within the year.

•••
The .PRO is not wanted and even more importantly it's not needed.

Not wanted by who, by you? The aftermarket sales tell a different story. I'm sorry that the .pro extension scares you and your other investments.

Instead of going after .pro which has been around for over 7 years, how about attacking new or even better, the brand extensions.

•••
In light of recent .pro sales and the fact that the registry has just been bought. I find it really hard to think .pro is going anywhere but up!

I'm predicting a 6 month news gap to weed out the week hands until the marketing cycle heats back up with Afilias at the helm.

don't sell!

•••
sold today via sedo: MyCV.pro 460£=716$ fixed price
plus i have Myip.pro and Myid.pro also))

•••
Please define from which perspective?

From the consumer's perspective, the developer's perspective, the domainer's perspective, and most importantly from your wallet's perspective. IMO.

•••
I know it's hard MG, you missed the boat on yet another extension. You were getting high and missed out on the .com craze and then you were busy buying canned soup, a cave and a shortwave radio and missed out on the premium .pro names.

I recommend going into hiding and cutting off all ties to the real world before it ends. We'll let you know once its safe to come back out and your surviving genetic code can repopulate the new world. Enjoy the mutant love. IMO

•••
  • Registrants are earning revenues.
  • Regtrars are earning revenue.
  • Registry just sold to Afilias, which has fair understanding of online marketing.

1. How many registrants are really making money ? On .pro specifically ?
  2. Registrars always make revenue selling domains, whatever the extension. This is a moot point. But there are not many registrars that carry .pro because the market (that is largely driven by domainers) is tiny. There isn't much money to be made selling that TLD.
  3. Afilias also bought .mobi, I doubt it is going to be a goldmine. So far it's still dead. Perhaps they know something that we don't, or their strategy is to buy extensions to kill them.

BTW I'm not current on the stats, but I think even a lame TLD like .name has got twice as many regs, just to put things in perspective. I don't see life in .pro really. I see spams :red:

•••
I still think it's done pretty well for itself considering it's early price, restrictions and little registrar support. Since it's not well known they can create a brand and push it like they did with .xxx. We'll just have to see whats in store, but I'm bullish on .pro right now, it has more going for it now than the past 5 years.

I recommend you guys take a gamble on the $3 reg, I won't even expect a royalty if you sell big later on. FYI these are available:

tragedy.pro
calamity.pro
catastrophe.pro
cataclysm.pro

You can sell survival gear!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back