NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Untitled

ThE POwEr oF An IDeAEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I saw you are developping both .co.in .in. Did you noticed a difference in ranking between the two extensions?

Hello,

I personally dont find any difference now, Before i was developing .co.in domains, i also use to think how it will affect rankings..

But once i have developed i dont find any difference, infact my couple of .co.in what i developed came 2nd in google in 1 months time.

But i feel .in will be 1 level ahead, what i find is .in can be ranked Globally, My site HAIRSPA.in i get traffic from more than 20+ Small Countries

About .co.in globally rankking may be a little tougher compared to .in, Thats what i have been researching im not 100% sure about it, as my .co.in domains are still new.. i will give some more time and see, But i feel .in can be ranked globally compared to .co.in

•••
Just registered "Motivational Quotes . in" -- any thoughts?

GAKT shows 74k exact matches and 0.74 CPC, valuable?

Thanks,
gct

•••

Thanks,
gct

Hello,

Frankly speaking for .in and .co.in domain can make you huge money once they are developed.

That's when the real value comes in, it's a good domain with so much exact. Only thing is you need to develop domain well and rank it well.

For me if I get a domain with at least 2k+ exact an I see the development scope I register it straight away.

Reselling domains to buyer I find it worthless now after seeing so much revenue in development.

•••
Hello,

Frankly speaking for .in and .co.in domain can make you huge money once they are developed.

That's when the real value comes in, it's a good domain with so much exact. Only thing is you need to develop domain well and rank it well.

For me if I get a domain with at least 2k+ exact an I see the development scope I register it straight away.

Reselling domains to buyer I find it worthless now after seeing so much revenue in development.

Your post "motivates me". I'm on my way to developing it.

Let's see where I get with his.

Also, I would like to shoot a question up regarding development. Should I put the AdSense down on the website in a month? I have heard that website needs to be 6 months old. Should I wait for 6 months or put AdSense on the site?

Thanks again,
gct

•••

Thanks,
gct
Don't like it really. It has an optimistic read and feel to it which is good,but from a .IN investment perspective, this is like choosing a C- domain when you can easily find B or B+ domains for not too much money. Also, i never register names based only on the google "metrics" because that is only a part of a domain's perceived worth. we are all different yes, and it depends on what you are tryin to do, but i am investing in .ins to make more money in the future, and before i register or buy a .In domains, i will ask myself- "what makes me feel this name is going to at least give me back my money?"Those google metrics alone won't bring you back that money TBH. What about previous sales and their trends? what about names the "industry" typically likes and trade?i would really go with that perspective rather than strong google metrics. I would advise you stick to the "maturest"name types in the .In domain world because the TLD is just gaining steam,AND .in is young. if you are buying the 2nd class and 3rd class type .In domains, i guarantee you you will not make money.why?well 2 reasons- 1) The 1st class and 2nd class names will sell first as sales occur, and 2) even the first class and 2nd class names haven't started picking up their rightful sales yet but probably will in the future and IF those names haven't gathered sales momentum, a name like Motivationalquotes.in will have a harder time. But then again, you can develop this name well and be right to completely ignore what i said above because the name would be in a different league with development. Good luck though and go for 1st class! even if it costs more, have no doubt it is WORTH EVERY DOLLAR.After buying, keeping really strong names for $9 a year is incredibly cheap.I wil play the patience game with Indian businesses and other end users trying to buy my names, because once again, be rest assured that the longer you wait with those premium names, the more your money will increase. the demand will end up being close to ineastic. Inelastic demand = sellers heaven.Don't mean to run my mouth off, but hey, its normal- i yell out "llls" almost everyday
so passion is not lacking..

•••
Don't like it really. It has an optimistic read and feel to it which is good,but from a .IN investment perspective, this is like choosing a C- domain when you can easily find B or B+ domains for not too much money. Also, i never register names based only on the google "metrics" because that is only a part of a domain's perceived worth. we are all different yes, and it depends on what you are tryin to do, but i am investing in .ins to make more money in the future, and before i register or buy a .In domains, i will ask myself- "what makes me feel this name is going to at least give me back my money?"Those google metrics alone won't bring you back that money TBH. What about previous sales and their trends? what about names the "industry" typically likes and trade?i would really go with that perspective rather than strong google metrics. I would advise you stick to the "maturest"name types in the .In domain world because the TLD is just gaining steam,AND .in is young. if you are buying the 2nd class and 3rd class type .In domains, i guarantee you you will not make money.why?well 2 reasons- 1) The 1st class and 2nd class names will sell first as sales occur, and 2) even the first class and 2nd class names haven't started picking up their rightful sales yet but probably will in the future and IF those names haven't gathered sales momentum, a name like Motivationalquotes.in will have a harder time. But then again, you can develop this name well and be right to completely ignore what i said above because the name would be in a different league with development. Good luck though and go for 1st class! even if it costs more, have no doubt it is WORTH EVERY DOLLAR.After buying, keeping really strong names for $9 a year is incredibly cheap.I wil play the patience game with Indian businesses and other end users trying to buy my names, because once again, be rest assured that the longer you wait with those premium names, the more your money will increase. the demand will end up being close to ineastic. Inelastic demand = sellers heaven.Don't mean to run my mouth off, but hey, its normal- i yell out "llls" almost everyday

Kemjika, fully agree with you from a domaining perspective. But I think Gcttirth would like to develop it. And from a development perpective, I think it's a good name and a good field, with a high search volume and a good PPC for India.

•••

Hey kemjika,

You are right with your perspective, But i would like to say few things here. I think perspective of indian people, or indian end user will take lot of time to change.. There are not very big sales for .in domains, and the big sale which we see on sedo, not every sale goes through..Same thing happenned to me with my domain ( ForexTrading ).

But people who live in india and whoever have Deal with indian end user can tell you, Here many people dont understand real value of Generic or Excat names for there business and if we say them you need to pay higher for getting this domain, they will tell you they would Search for some another domain revelant.

People in india will Add a prefix or suffix to the domain what they are looking for. Say for example hairspa.in, if that domain they want and its not available, they wont pay 1000's for getting that domain, they will rather add something like hairspamumbai.in or anything like that..

Once people understand value of original domains then sales will go up, but i think its going to take long, people who are in good IT companies they also dont understand this things.

There may be big sales, but not many and to get those sales you need to make them understand this things, and many times big domains are bought by we DOMAINERS only.

That is why i have changed my plan for .in and .co.in domains, im not going to sell any domains as such but Will develop them into good quality sites and get traffic moving.

Once i have the traffic, i will contact companies related to that product and will make a system where they pay for banner, or something like lead generation or something similar to it. Im already working on one system which is making me good money

I can give a live example to all you guys and GALS ;)

I have a domain HAIRSPA.in, and i have contacted so many companies but neither of them showed 1% of interest in buying. Only couple of guys showed and i asked them for an offer.. they gaev me $50 offer and one of them gave me $100, i told its real low and i told my price range what im expecting, they said we are not interested we get other domains.

So i have changed my tactics, i have developed the domain, it gets quality traffic now.. ranks in google and everything is good. Now i have contacted this people not for selling the name but For advertising and giving me the LOYAlty...

This people are now ready to pay me, some of them have contacted me directly now for advertising also..

That made me think now how to use them and make money with them. If i was offered $1k and i had sold that domain that time, i would have been in real loss, Now i have been making around $50/month from it and with more advertising im going to touch 3 figure soon. So i can make stable earning rather than 1 shot.

Thats just an example i hope it helps people here. You have to be very smart with .in and .co.in domains. People here have big money and they can pay unless you show them, you need to use that wisely ;)

People in india are more RESULT oriented before they put money, if you offer something they are like, how much i will get, whats my profit and so on.... So if you can show them that they will pay you and keep paying you...

Last edited:
•••
Regged TantricMassage.in recently. Would anyone care to offer their appraisal?

Thanks very much.:)

•••
I now own speak.co.in

Any value in co.in at all now?

I thought a nice keyword like this was too good to pass up..

Last edited:
•••
weird ,
i mean endusers?
tantric... :P
pl develop the name,
Regged TantricMassage.in recently. Would anyone care to offer their appraisal?

Thanks very much.:)

•••
Well another reg for 2.99.. Speak.co.in

Any value in co.in at all now?

I thought a nice keyword like this was too good to pass up for such a small investment..

Yes. A few domainers who manage hosting businesses in India have already stated that Indians still demand .co.in domains. ANd you're right- for the small investment(like reg fee)its hard to resist them. I think triple premium lll.co.ins is the next .IN niche to get strong attention from end users and domainers :)

•••
HSK.IN SOLD at 850 on SEDO last week (not-mine)

•••
•••
Not sure if these have been reported earlier, but these sold on Sedo last week as well:

madein .in 1,850 USD
bra .co .in 1,150 USD

:tu:

•••
Okay, I wanna ask few questions.

Q1) What type of domain names should be purchased?
- Brandables?
- LLLL?
- Company/shop/office names'? ( We have, for example, a travel agent's office named "HITHITHIT". Should we try to buy HITHITHIT.in considering that agent as a potential buyer? )
- Product/Keyword domains? ( Even WebBrowsers.in was(or is) available. Which to my knowledge is a good domain name. )

Q2) My brother (whose username is dakshhmehta here) is a web developer. Should we try to contact a local travel agent or restaurants offering them website for their business? How far could this succeed?

I would love answers on the questions. Illustrating them with some of your past experience would be really helpful to me.

Thanks in advance,
gct

•••
RUD.IN sold for 2,000 EURO on SEDO, to the same person owning yoga.in

•••
•••
•••
•••
Wot has some nice LLL.in's currently on auction: http://no_url_shorteners/inauction

Thanks- all plugs gratefully received! :gl:

Very fair reserves for the top names and some very low reserves for the others,get in now!

•••
Thanks- all plugs gratefully received! :gl:

Very fair reserves for the top names and some very low reserves for the others,get in now!

247.in and 121.in are doing well! It's the first NNN.in auction I heard of. Wot, have these numbers a special meaning in India?

•••
247.in and 121.in are doing well! It's the first NNN.in auction I heard of. Wot, have these numbers a special meaning in India?

It is the first ever .co.in/.in auction at Sedo,not just for nnn.in

247 & 121 are both very well known internationally not just India with the former being 24hrs a day 7 days week and the latter ideal for a dating site in particular (huge in India) being "one to one" 121.

•••
It is the first ever .co.in/.in auction at Sedo,not just for nnn.in

247 & 121 are both very well known internationally not just India with the former being 24hrs a day 7 days week and the latter ideal for a dating site in particular (huge in India) being "one to one" 121.

cant access the no_url_shorteners link or the sedo link from my machine in mumbai

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back